“Rude”

Malton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Rude”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have been here a few times
To purchase clays cartrages
Ect an clay shooting .
I do find that the owner is very rude to customers gives me the impression he does not want your custom , so will not be going back there for anything else

Visited February 2014
15 Thank 738495

Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day out. Beginner friendly. Such fun”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I did the clay pigeon shooting today had a great time and our coach was Anthony he was very friendly and patient, I was very nervous to start with but he put me at ease and I ended up hitting 5 clays.
Would recommend any one to try.
Thanks for our great day out HSG and we will be back soon to try the other activities.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Denise H
Marlborough, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“I actually shot something (girls rule!)”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We booked an afternoon here for 5 people 2 first timers to the shooting world, 3 who have given it a go before.
Well the instructor was very good explained things well. First up we did clay pigeon shooting. I have tried this elsewhere before and I was rubbish, but this time I actually hit quite a few. One of the first timers managed to get every single one! She was amazing. Then we did archery, I wasn't very good at this (it's hard work) my brother was the best at this. Then we did rifle shooting, by this point my arms no longer worked as they were worn out but I still enjoyed it. Not sure who was the best at this, I just know it wasn't me!
All in all we had a great time, we were aged between 25 and 61, so nice to find something we could do together.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank HonestRae
Leeds
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Well-equipped, beginner friendly, great fun!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife recently bought us an Into the Blue “experience voucher” for clay pigeon shooting, which we redeemed at the Humberside Shooting Ground. Booking our session and redeeming the voucher was extremely easy, and everything went very smoothly.

As complete novices, we were a little apprehensive and worried that we wouldn’t be able to hit anything …but our instructor was brilliant. Very friendly and laid back, he explained everything very clearly throughout, and had the patience of a saint.

The gun he chose for us was light enough to hold easily without tiring the arms, and the shells gave only a very small kick when fired. We were given ear-plugs, although in actual fact the noise from the gun wasn’t as loud as we had expected.

My wife soon began to get a feel for it and started hitting clays, while I took a bit longer (all those hours shooting zombies on the Wii didn’t make any difference at all!). However, we both notched up enough hits by the end to be able to leave with pride intact – again, thanks wholly to our highly experienced and sympathetic instructor. It was also nice that there was never an “audience” i.e. there was just the two of us plus the instructor the whole time, so there was no added pressure of being watched by others.

During the session, we moved between four areas, so there was plenty of variety. At two areas we shot clays in the air and at the other two the clays rolled along the ground (“rabbits”). We didn’t feel rushed at all, but the time flew by.

All in all we really enjoyed our introduction to clay pigeon shooting, and hope to return. In fact, we are thinking of taking both sets of parents next time we go, to make it a family day out.

When we go again, we will book directly with the Humberside Shooting Ground itself (rather than with Into the Blue) as it works out a little bit cheaper and the Ground doesn’t lose any of the money to commission fees.

As well as clay pigeon shooting, the Ground also has an air rifle range, a small snack bar, and a large gun shop with an on-site gunsmith. They offer a range of other activities for group bookings and/or corporate events, and Fossehill Fishery and Watersedge Caravan Park are adjacent.

If you are after a specific time slot it’s best to book a week or two in advance, especially for weekend sessions.

When driving to the Humberside Shooting Ground it is about 28 minutes from Hull, 22 minutes from Driffield or Bridlington, 15 minutes from Beverley, and just 11 from Hornsea (nice to visit for fish and chips after your shoot!). We didn’t see many signposts, but it was easy to find anyway.

Visited June 2013