“Perfect for Birthday Celebration! Exactly What I Hoped For!”

Stuarts of Driffield
Ranked #29 of 91 Restaurants in Driffield
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

18 of us visited last week Tuesday for a 91st birthday meal. Fast service, great tasting, well presented food, served at the right temperature. We arrived by car. Roadside parking available outside restaurant and nearby roadside parking for blue badge holders. Toilet facilities available (used by individuals in my party but not by myself, so unable to leave review). We were provided with spacious and semi private seating to one end of the restaurant floor. Service was the most commendable thing coming in at 110%. We were a relatively big group with varying requests, such as seating for special needs guests, birthday balloons placement, party favors layout, assistance with set up for a birthday activity, and looking after the surprise birthday cake. All of our needs were met (and expectations exceeded) with Stuart's genuinely enthusiastic and proactive team, who were also able to anticipate any further assistance required. We were looked after mostly by team member Lucy, and I must say, she largely contributed to the meal being perfect. She made herself available to us immediately each time we needed her, she was very attentive, listened, offered options and provided solutions to any of our concerns, and remembered everything we asked for, after mentioning only just once. I would also like to commend staff member Emma. On hearing us mention a birthday cake to be presented later on in the meal, Emma volunteered to look after it until such time it was needed, which was tremendously helpful. Emma too was very attentive, and reassuring, and she delivered exactly what she promised, which gave us peace of mind. That was greatly appreciated as it allowed us to focus on enjoying the time with family. I'd like to mention three other female team members who were also very polite and engaging, unfortunately however, I can only remember the name of one; Julie. While I can't remember the name of the other two attendants, I'd like to say special thank you as well, for their care and attention, as it contributed to making the the evening a memorable one. I would definitely, unreservedly recommend Stuart's of Driffield to anyone wanting to visit, and if the management are reading this review, I would like to commend them on their selection of staff, and emphasize the value which their team add to the business.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Always very busy and popular with locals, which speaks volumes. Generous portions of fresh fish and chips served by friendly and helpful staff who make you feel at home. (Nothing is too much trouble.) I think vegetarian alternatives are available but sadly the tasty chips, cooked traditionally in beef dripping, aren't veggie friendly. Only drawback for me personally is the slightly cramped seating, and sometimes I think the fish is a little bit overcooked, but I keep going back so it must be good!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We visited here as takeaway customers and can honestly say they were the worst fish and chips we have had in a long time the chips were very brittle and old
Looking think they had been cooked a while and left to dry out,the fish batter was very flat ( think the oil needs to be hotter ) and the peas were not
Very green and didn’t
Taste of anything at all,think they had been watered down, sorry we
Won’t be eating here again and to think it always smells lovely when you walk by ,think we will stick to Wetwang best fish and chips ever .

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent, freshly cooked fish is the attraction. I can highly recommend the reasonably priced mixed fish grill as an alternative to the staple fish and chips which is in itself always of the highest freshness and value. I enjoy visiting as regularly as I can not only for the quality of the food but the obvious pride in the standard and variety of the menu on offer. The service is always friendly and considerate. My attempt at trying to open a fiddly portion of tartare sauce was discreetly noticed, for example, and scissors were brought to the table.
Having eaten at a fish and chip restaurant in Brigg with much lower standards of service and quality as this recently, I can confidently recommend Stuarts as well worth a visit. I am looking forward to trying the variety of fish dishes beyond the excellent fish and chips on offer.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

The best in Driffield, if not in the area. Generous portions to take away and even bigger portions if you eat in. Crispy batter and thick, flaking fish with crispy chips and gorgeous mushy peas.

They do other stuff as well but we've only ever had fish and chips - that's what chip shops are for!

Try it - you will soon be back for more!