“Great food at the end of a great walk”
Review of The Wellington Inn

The Wellington Inn
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Driffield
Price range: US$30 - US$41
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ossett, United Kingdom
“Great food at the end of a great walk”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had been out walking a 16 mile stretch of the Wolds Way and needed somewhere for food at the end of it. Luckily I had heard of this venue both through this site and also in the AA pub guide. I am very pleased that I came here as it was a great place to visit. It was cold in the evening and fortunately I was sat in front of a true (and roaring) log fire. Due to the pub being tied into the 'Black Sheep' brewery there was not a great selection of real ales that people are unlikely to have tried before. A huge selection of starters, mains and desserts on the boards around the fire but the prices were quite steep for a pub and varied from arounf £7 for a starter up to a whopping £22 for a main. I was the first person there for food and so could not see what anybody elses food looked like. Decided upon a deep fried haddock and homemade chips for £14 and it was very nice indeed. It was a huge piece of haddock with a really decent and fluffy batter and it really did hit the sopt. Although I am unlikely to venture into this area again I really would recommend this pub to anyone (providing that they are not on a tight budget), and the location is spot on in front of the village green...

• Visited November 2013

Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It's out of the way but worth the travel. We what'd dinner here, the food was fab and the service matched.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jonte T
Thirsk, United Kingdom
“Fab gathering of friends”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

A group of us dined here for a friends bithday. We have quite a drive but the others live locally so that is why we chose here, and I am so glad we did. It was lovely. We dined in a private room, the food was amazing, and the staff were efficient and friendly. The pub is done out lovely, with a traditional feel. Very nice and we cannot wait to go again. Keep up the good work

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Helen A
Cottingham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Having read the reviews we were looking forward to visiting the Wellingon. Could only get a table in the bar, first sitting; restaraunt/bar both buzzing but noisy; young staff well trained; three of us had sirloin which we all agreed tasted like frying steak. My wife had the belly pork which she deemed as 'ok'. The starters were 'so so' although my goujon was fine - yes, just the one but it was 15cm I guess! Won't be in a rush to go back although we may have better luck with a Sunday lunch. There is a lot of competition for 'gastro pub dining' these days and with more competitively priced options, just without 'the name'. I struggled to choose a dish that whetted my appetite to be fair. The car park is quite tight by the way.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank GRT7V
Driffield
“Always an excellent experience”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Have been here quite a few times and I have never been disappointed. Service is friendly and discreet, food is fantastic, decor is quietly understated. I took some friends there for a special thank you dinner and was made to feel like a king. As ever, nice one Russell !

• Visited March 2013