“Excellent”

Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tickton
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We visit every few months for special occasions, kids birthdays usually. The food, the service, and the feeling of welcome makes this the best restaurant in the Hull area. Not inexpensive but you get what you pay for. Took one of my children, his partner with my wife today for his birthday meal. Thanks dad excellent meal, I agree. Cost for 4 including 2 bottles of wine £135 + £ 15 grat. Excellent value. Not a place to visit every week but for a special occasion none better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul C

Reviewed 7 June 2014

A good bar area and excellent restaurant highly suitable for a professional dinner with presentations. Nice grounds with plenty of parking and only about 10 minutes fro Beverley. Traditional in its styling.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We must apologise for the delay in this review, however we wanted to make sure we sat down and had the time to express our deepest thanks to all staff at Tickton Grange, and find the right words to say how truly wonderful our wedding day was with you all.
Maggie and the team provided us with an incredible amount of support, patience and professionalism during the build up to, and during, our wedding day. We were able to share our ideas openly, and with the guidance and dedication of all staff involved, our day was more beautiful than we could have imagined! The Rose Room looked stunning and was decorated to our exact specifications to the very last detail.
Excellent direction from Maggie and Dan (toast master), outstanding food from the talented David Knowles and his team of chefs and extremely efficient service from all waiting staff. Not to mention our stunning, newly refurbished bridal suite which offered us comfort and luxury at the end of our hectic day!!
The day after, us and a large group of our family and friends were provided with a delicious cooked breakfast (definitely a good cure from all the champagne). The manager that morning went above and beyond to ensure our very young nieces and nephews were catered for.
We would recommend Tickton to anybody getting married, celebrating a special occasion or just somewhere special for a lovely pot of tea. We have experienced all elements and all details mentioned previous were exceptional every time.

Our friends and family are still commenting on how wonderful Tickton Grange was. Can't wait to go back again, and again... And again!

With kindest regards,

The new Mr and Mrs Hodge x

Room Tip: All rooms are decorated beautifully. Rooms in 'the granary' were a particular family favouri...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Neil H
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is the fifth occasion we have held our annual special event for 43 friends and guests at the Tickton Grange. On every occasion we have used the Rose Room and received excellent help during the planning stages thereby making the event and its ambience very special.

On this latest occasion many friends and guests remarked upon the excellent food and the standard of presentation. - Many thanks to the Chef. The staff went out of their way to cater for all our needs and the service was excellent. Thank you all at Tickton Grange

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arthur V
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I find myself writing a review after the service , or rather lack of it, I have received from this hotelier... Only to find I am not the first this has happened to!! I booked a bridal suite over a year ago for my wedding night only to be told 2 months before the date that I could no longer have the room and they're now fully booked... WHAT ! the woman rang from a mobile phone and not a landline so I thought is this a joke?! I rang the tickton grange back after the conversation to confirm and apparently this lady has a works mobile I think this is really unprofessional for reasons you shall shortly see... This person did not care that I had booked over a year ago and had a confirmation email (I booked over the phone so no computer error) and was more interested whereabouts I was having my wedding! Little to say that is none of her business if not a damn right cheek. She then seemed to be confused and asked me if I had definitely made a booking because they had all my bank details ...?! ... Clearly this establishment had another wedding booked and wanted the bridal suite for their other guests. Unfortunately a big mistake for them is that I work extensively in the wedding business around the area and certainly won't be recommending to any of my wedding couples in the future! .... Furthermore the reason me and my partner didn't book our reception here was because my partner is in the armed forces and a lot of his friends were to be deployed at the time so we couldn't fill their specified 70 minimum guests.... So if you would like poor service, your stay or function to be cancelled at the last minute, or complete lack of understanding or personal service go ahead and book!

Room Tip: Go for a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Smith4658
Reviewed 7 April 2014

A surprise treat from our children for our 20th wedding anniversary.
Beautiful room, attention to detail, chocolates, luxury, very clean.
We dressed for dinner and started with drinks in the tartan library whilst waiting for our table, no rush
Food was lovely, presentation, service
Huge choice of breakfasts including a table with any extras you could possibly want
Fabulous stay, would love to go again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachelk65
Reviewed 21 March 2014

After a great few days of excellent service during our meeting, a perfect location, clean comfotable and homely rooms and (what they made look and feel like) effortless hospitality, I was the only guest on a Friday evening. Yet, I was treated like royalty, not a single attention to detail was missed and my meal was a gourmet for one!

• Stayed: March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tickton
Best Western Lairgate Hotel
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Rowley Manor Country House Hotel
Rowley Manor Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Little Weighton

Been to Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!