“great night at the kings head”
Review of Kings Head Hotel

and 1 more site!
Kings Head Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Beverley
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“great night at the kings head”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

booked in for a night as some friends and i were having a day at the races, the hotel let us check into 1 room early this was no bother for them, the food was very good and gave us extra bedding no problem staff were very helpful, would have given a higher mark except the toilet seat in 1 room was a bit loose, but not a real proplem

Room Tip: room 11 is the biggest
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Mr_Clapison, General Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Thanks for the review Paul. We have since sorted out the loose toilet seat situation.

Best wishes

Matt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Burton Upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Lovely stay at The Kings Head over the Bank Holiday Weekend. The welcome at reception was warm and friendly. Room 5 was ours which overlooked a roof and part of the beer garden. Bathroom consisted of modern bath and shower which was fab small shelf to put things on and a towel rail. Wardrobe and dresser with a couple of plug sockets and a hair dryer attached to the wall. The bed was metal framed and the most comfiest mattress I have ever slept on in a hotel - wonderful!!! The room was spotless too. I'd be lying if I said I couldn't hear any noise but seeing as we were out very late at night it was usually toward the tail end and folks were leaving anyhow - it didn't keep us awake. Cereals, fruit, yogurts, juices all ready and waiting for breakfast in the morning. You order your cooked breakfast and coffee/tea is also brought to you. The cooked breakfast was yummy. The Kings Head is in the heart of Beverley and a step away from the shops. The beer garden has large umbrellas and heaters so sitting outside on a chilly day wouldn't be a problem. I would seriously recommend this hotel. We heard that they were looking to refurbish the rooms sometime soon but ours was just fine.

Room Tip: Room 5 is one of the smaller rooms. We were the last guests to arrive that day. I'd say arrive...
1 Thank cazonline
Thanks Cazonline for taking the time to review your stay. All 12 of our rooms are so very different. Different beds, carpets, wall paper and soft furnishings but also different sizes. Room 5 is smaller than say room 9 but it's certainly quieter especially on weekends. We always recommend booking with us direct to discuss options.

Thanks again for the review and hope to see you again soon

halifax uk
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Our party of 12 "over 65s" has just enjoyed a 4 nights stay at the Kings Head arriving on the 25th August. We were all made to feel very welcome by the excellent team of young, friendly staff.

We had 5 double rooms and 2 singles and everyone found their rooms to be clean and comfortable. We had a special table for 12 made up for us in the dining room. The breakfasts were lovely and freshly cooked to order - and we all wanted something different which was no problem for the staff. We also had dinner each night in the hotel at around 8.30pm and, again, the food was very good and the service excellent.

The location of the hotel is very good with its own car park to the rear which was a bit tight but we managed to park our 6 cars in it every night.

Beverley is a wonderful town with nearby golf courses which the males of our party enjoyed, leaving the ladies to enjoy the local shopping etc in Beverley and Hornsea.

A great time was had by all. Thanks to all the wonderful, well trained staff at the Kings Head.

Room Tip: Our party occupied 5 double and 2 single rooms, with no complaints from anyone.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay and I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves. We loved having you all stay with us. It was really great for us to have such lovely guests stay here. Your whole group was a joy to look after....I hope to see you again next year!!

Best wishes

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just arrived home yesterday from a fantastic time a this lovely town.

We stayed at the Kings head hotel arriving Saturday 23rd August till Monday 25th .

We went with our friends hotel staff made our stay very welcome in fact a bottle of Prosecco was
already chilled in the ice bucket!! Thankyou for that very kind thought!!
Our rooms were small but beds very comfortable, very clean and nicely decorated .

Breakfast was lovely also freshly cooked and waited on.Thanks to all the staff for making our stay very special we will be back .Location good 15 mins walk from station.

We recommend you visit this beautiful town wilth lots of interesting places to visit.

Room Tip: We were in room 7 could here noice from bar down stairs but didn't stop me sleeping!
1 Thank Spagirlsxfour
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and thanks for taking the time to review it. I'm especially pleased as you were in our smallest double, room 7 and many have complained about it in the past. I'm also really pleased that you had a good nights sleep as many have complained about that too. I suppose it's very much a matter of opinion and expectation....I'm really glad that we exceeded yours. Hope to see you again soon.

Bridlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We are always made to feel very welcome when we check in. The rooms are immaculate and the beds are so comfortable. We usually stay on a Sunday night and the bar closes fairly early but we have never been bothered by the noise. Breakfast is lovely, freshly cooked to order. The hotel is right in the middle of Beverley and they have a car park at the back of the hotel. We'll be back soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Loobyloo111
Thanks a million for reviewing your stay again. I'm so pleased that you continue to enjoy staying here. Repeat custom is always so pleasing for us as a business and I thank you again for taking the time to share your happiness. Hope to see you again soon

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

stopped here when visiting Beverely for the day. Excellent for market, with parking to rr, resonable sized room and bathroom, wifi excellent and comfy bed. Staff very helpful, and you get 20% off food, we had 2 steaks and they were excellent. Can be a bit noisy, but it is a pub afterall. We loved Beverley, with an excellent range of boutique type shops, food outlets and coffe shops. Would recommend this hotel, but yes can be noisy.

Room Tip: ask for room not above beer garden
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mr_Clapison, General Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thanks for your review! So pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you again soon.

Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've been to this hotel a few times when on business in Beverley. It's one of those places that I want to like more than I actually do! The staff, though quite young, are all exceptionally helpful, pleasant and friendly which counts for a lot. The location is very convenient, right in the main square of the town - quite close to the railway station and very handy for the shops and restaurants. The beds are incredibly comfortable.
On the down side - yet again I had a disturbed night's sleep due to noise. The bar downstairs has music playing loudly until late...this doesn't worry me unduly as I don't normally settle down to sleep till quite late myself. However, the square becomes a meeting point for revellers and their noise goes on until the early hours which is very annoying. The upstairs area of the hotel(including rooms) was unbearably hot.
I was in room one this time - overlooking the square - which had a sort of French Colonial theme. It looked very nice at first glance but is in need of some TLC. The toilet seat was broken which gave me quite a shock the first time I used it! The skirting boards and window frames were pretty shabby and need repainting as well as a good clean. Have to say that I preferred the previous rooms I stayed in.
I didn't have dinner here this time, but as a resident you get 20% off an evening meal which is great. Breakfast was cooked to order and very good.
All in all - I always enjoy staying here...mainly for the comfy beds, but wish I could turn the noise down!

Room Tip: Rooms over the square are noisier
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mr_Clapison, General Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and liked the service you received. You're right with regard to a few areas being in need of a refresh. We are a awaiting the confirmation date for a £500'000 refurbishment that will move our rooms to the next level. It's been 8.5 years since our last room refresh and some of the rooms are tired.
Thanks again for your honest comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Matt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverley
Best Western Lairgate Hotel
#3 of 18 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Ferguson Fawsitt Arms
Ferguson Fawsitt Arms
#1 of 1 in Walkington

Been to Kings Head Hotel? Share your experiences!