“Top Class”

Ranked #9 of 15 Beverley B&B and Inns
Aldridge, United Kingdom
“Top Class”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

A really warm and friendly welcome from Neil & Sarah - and the house is full of authentic character combined with modern comforts. The breakfast was brilliant, with lots of choice and really good bread! It is in a quiet but genuinely historic part of this historic market town, and the nearby Woolpack Inn is a great example of how a local pub ought to be, but with much better food. If you can, you should visit this place!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed with Neil and Sarah whilst I was on a block week at college in Bishop Burton after a recommendation from another student.
I had to take my dog with me and Neil and Sarah were more than happy for me to do so providing he didn't get on the beds.

I got help carrying my bags as I had a lot of stuff, I was shown to my room and they didn't mind as I had to shoot straight off to college. Neil also helped me to get into the parking spaces when I got back (greatly appreciated as I'm not the best at parking!). Nothing was too much trouble.

The room and ensuite was lovely, clean and spacious. It was also extremely warm when the heater was on, which was brilliant as it was freezing outside.

The whole house was gorgeous. It was nice to stay somewhere that felt 'real', rather than staying somewhere manufactured.
I couldn't fault it at all!

Finally, the breakfasts. They were absolutely delicious and there was plenty of choice! Neil and Sarah were also very happy to cater for me being vegetarian. Best cooked breakfast I've had.

I recently started looking for accommodation for this years block week and it was a shame to find they were already booked up. However, that just reflects what a brilliant place it is to stay. Definitely worth every penny!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank CharlottteEH
Teeside
Reviewed 7 May 2013

A very warm welcome, made to feel like a family guest rather than a paying guest. It was a lovely day when we arrived and were even offered to sit in the garden with the owners and their dogs. A good breakfast in front of a real fire set us up for the day. The Woolpack nearby was a cosy local pub offering excellent home cooked meals we even got to join in the quiz!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KTCOM
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed at the Number One Bed and Breakfast in Beverley, as I was attending a gig at a pub in the local area. Arrived by train around 19:00 and walked through the town to the B & B, as it only takes about 10 - 15 minutes.

Neil showed me to my room which was on the second floor and had an ensuite, plus double bed. I liked the homely feel of the establishment, which makes a change from the mainstream chains. The bathroom was of a good size and included a combined bath/shower, there was also tea and coffee making facilities provided.

Walked back into town for the evening, the location is good as it is tucked away from the hustle and bustle but again not too far to need a taxi. Arrived back in the small hours and had an excellent nights sleep, the area was very quiet as it is all residential housing.

Breakfast in the morning was provided in the front room, everything was laid out for me by Neil and Sarah when I came down. Opted for a cooked sausage, beans, toast and bacon which was all of good quality and very tasty.

If I was ever in Beverley again, I would not hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank JonB125
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

What a beautiful house, lovely dining room with coal fire, lots of books and a delicious breakfast. Bedrooms very comfy. Two minute walk into Beverley town centre and ten minutes from the station. We were well looked after by Neil

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank EpsomJo
Newcastle
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Walk one minute from this beautiful house to the centre of attractive Beverley. A very quiet Victorian building with excellent views of the cottage garden from our rear bedroom. Hosts very knowledgeable about local eating places and attractions. The whole house including our bedroom attractively furnished with an eclectic mix of especially 19th century-style pieces. The most varied and delicious breakfast we had in our 2-month trip with several types of fish available, as well as the usual tasty fare.
Parking was quite tight in our rented estate car (station wagon). Difficult to find even with satnav due to complex road system. Listen very carefully to verbal instructions about locating this B&B. If you have time, the tour of the roof interior of Beverley Minster is fascinating- a must see.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aidor
Cleethorpes
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Neil welcomed us and guided me as I drove into the rear garage area. We entered across the lovely rear garden and he showed us to our large clean spacious room. He even gave us a map of Beverley and advised us all about the best places to eat as well as offered to make a booking for us at his local pub - The Woolpack. The bed was comfortable, and with only 3 rooms, we had a lovely quiet night. Breakfast was at a large table that's shared with the other guests. Usual cereals, fresh fruit, and a full cooked breakfast followed. The breakfast was itemised on a menu, and you were able to select what you wanted. Its very much a family house, and there are photos and belongings from Neil and Sarah's family everywhere.
The only improvement I would suggest is some better quality tea bags.

Room Tip: The one at the back with the bird wallpaper was lovely