“party night”
Review of Windmill Inn

Windmill Inn
Ranked #11 of 15 Beverley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The booking service was good
Welcome was good and helpful
Parking restricted, infact i think we had the only space, otherwise it's pay for parking
Room small but adequate, shower and toilet big in relation.
Toilet and shower room could have been cleaner, extractor fan filthy
Noise between rooms
Lovely breakfast and service

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jillbryan

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed at the Windmill for two nights bed and breakfast. Situated just off the town centre, we were in an excellent location for shopping and eating out. A family run pub with nice rooms and friendly staff. We had a fresh cooked breakfast each morning along with the daily papers to read at our leisure. Will return here again when visiting Beverley.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank julie c
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Just had a overnight stay for a night out in Beverley but all nice and clean. Room could do with a few bits and pieces being tidied up/finished off properly but ok for one night. Really nice breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Loobyloo111
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed here for two nights during the Folk Festival. Had a double room (no 3) which was small - double bed, built in wardrobe (no hangers) shelf for tea, etc and en suite (shower, toilet, sink) - but adequate for our needs.

The room was warm (a bit too warm actually - opened window but there was noise in the street below (nothing to do with the Windmill - its a cut through path) - so shut it again!)

The bedroom was clean and prepared for us on arrival. Staff were welcoming and friendly - but busy in the bar so we found our own room.

Breakfast was served in the bar lounge of the pub - it was very nice - even had veggie sausages though we hand't forewarned them.

Shower was warm and had nice clean towels.

Overall I'd say it was cheap and you get what you pay for. It met our needs, though I wouldn't have wanted to stay more than a couple of nights as the clothing storage was minimal.

Would stay there again for the festival - but would probably pay a bit more and find somewhere else if I wanted a bit more space / luxury.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret391
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I had a room in a small courtyard. The room was very grubby and the bed and pillows were lumpy. Fortunately the sheets were clean and I slept quite well, nevertheless! The shower room was TINY, the flow from the shower erratic and the floor was wet on my last morning there due to a leak from the hot water tap (I think) on the wash basin. I noticed when mopping up with the bath mat that there was a black bait box behind the sink. The toilet made the most horrendous growling noise when flushed and so I refrained from flushing during the night to avoid disturbing anyone else in adjacent rooms. The TV was perched on a high windowsill and to watch it I had to place on the "dressing table" stool. The wardrobe was a large built in cupboard but inside there were holes in the wall and a motley collection of hangers, some of which were broken. There were no drawers anywhere.

The first morning I missed breakfast as I was told by a very nice young lady when I arrived that it was served from 7.00a.m. until noon - it's from 7.00 until 8.30a.m.! That was actually on a notice n the back of the door of the room but I didn't read it. The staff were friendly and the nicest thing about the place.

I wouldn't recommend to my friends but I guess you get what you pay for and it was cheap!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank LizzieLS
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The Windmill Inn is situated near the town centre. We stayed there for two nights - Friday and Saturday. The staff were friendly and service was good. The room was upstairs at the back of the pub. This was very clean and the double bed comfortable. The bathroom consisted of toilet sink and shower, perfectly adequate for our needs. The breakfast, was a full English, with as much toast as we could eat. Would use it again.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs at the back of the Inn were quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank revDover
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed here for one night at the weekend (Saturday Night). The window frame was broken so the window didn't close. Despite this, the room was red hot.
The beds were hard & old, the pillows were like bricks & the bathroom looked anything but clean. The noise level was unbearable at one point with early morning revellers in the alley outside!
We payed £52 for a twin room which was ridiculous for the room in question - Worst hotel room I have stayed in!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SugarpopsBride
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverley
Best Western Lairgate Hotel
Ferguson Fawsitt Arms
Ferguson Fawsitt Arms
#1 of 1 in Walkington
Number One Bed and Breakfast

Been to Windmill Inn? Share your experiences!