“Back to sanity!”
Review of Hunter's Hall

Hunter's Hall
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beverley
Hunter's Hall
Ranked #7 of 15 Beverley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Having been 'accommodated' a year ago in Beverley's most bizarre and unwelcoming guest-house, it was a blessed relief and pleasure to stay this year at Hunter's Hall, a place known for the excellence of its breakfasts, the cleanliness of its rooms, and the cheerfulness of Gill, owner and cook.

It is in great demand at this time of year, and without hesitation I have already booked for next year - same time, same place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tallisite

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a few days in Beverley and stayed at Hunter's Hall, a 10 minutue walk from the town. The rooms were modern and spotlessly clean. Home made cookies in your room every day. The breakfasts were excellent and I noticed they had previously won awards for the breakfasts they served. The proprietors were very friendly and helpful. If in Beverley again I would certainly be trying to get booked in here. Would highly recommend Hunter's Hall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Neil P, Owner at Hunter's Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thanks for the lovely review - delighted you enjoyed your stay. However, we must admit the 'home made' cookies are, in fact, Marks & Spencer's best. They do have to pass very, very high quality control standards before we serve them - and we do enjoy road-testing them.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was our second visit to Hunter's Hall and once again it was wonderful. Stayed in the garden suite again, the bed was very soft and comfortable, breakfast was superb(where did the sausages come from, they were delicious?!)
Great to hear the bells from the Minster on Sunday morning and chiming the hours, a great location for sightseeing and shopping.
We will be back again, thank you Gill and Neil!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Hunters Hall is situated in suburban Beverly but is still within walking distance of the sights and city centre. Despite arriving a bit early - only to find Gillian and Neil in the midst of renovations - we were made very welcome. A map of town was provided and the main sights pointed out. Our room had plenty of natural light and came with yummy homemade biscuits and a range of beverages on the hospitality tray. Breakfast was served in a bright room by Gillian who was very cheerful - her singing from the kitchen could be heard. Coffee was poured rather than a plunger being left on the table.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights with my elderly parents in early September. It was perfect for our needs. My dad is in a wheelchair and the accessibility is just brilliant. We stayed in the garden suite and the wheelchair could be used throughout, from the entrance right through to the bathroom. It was great to have our own private lounge area to relax in too, so that we weren't confined to our bedrooms like in most B&Bs and hotels. It's very near the centre of Beverley - 5 mins walk. And Beverley itself is a lovely little town, steeped in history with lots to explore in the surrounding area. I'd like to thank Gillian and Neil for being so warm and welcoming and accommodating to us during our stay at Hunters Hall. They are very thoughtful and friendly folk and really care about their guests. Brekkie was delicious.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed in the garden suite at Hunter's Hall for two nights this August while visiting Hull and Beverley. From the second I arrived and was warmly welcomed by Gillian to the moment I checked out I couldn't have been more impressed with Hunter's Hall.

I found Gillian a perfect host, helpful and pleasant in the face of my travel tired questions! Neil and the other lady member of staff (sorry I forgot her name!) were equally friendly and professional at all hours.

My rooms were spotless, well laid out and relaxing after my busy days and travelling. I had everything I could have needed to hand and a fabulous wet room too. The bed is of course the most crucial element! Perfect would be the word for it, good quality clean linens, a nice mattress, pillows not too hard and not too soft... When you've been travelling for two weeks it really was bliss. I even had a supply of delicious biscuits in my room (I had to ask for this to be reduced as I couldn't resist!!!)

Breakfast was generous and flexible on time so long as you asked the day before. I had more than enough to choose from, it was cooked and presented perfectly. Service was polite and unobtrusive, couldn't fault breakfast in any way.

All round a great experience, fantastic value and a lovely place to stay. Look forward to staying again in the the future x

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JerseyLotte
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I've just spent 5 nights at Hunters Hall in Beverley. My hosts Gill and Neil were warm, friendly and very welcoming. The accommodation is comfortable, spotlessly clean, with gleaming shower room, lovely crisp white linen on the beds and thick fluffy towels. It was a real treat to come "home" every evening to find the room and en suite had been cleaned, tidied and bed made. The house is less than 10 minute walk from the town centre and Minster. Beverley is a lovely place and well worth a visit. I would highly recommend that you stay at Hunters Hall.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo