“great digs”

Ranked #2 of 15 Beverley B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“great digs”
Reviewed 9 February 2011

This is top digs, clean room and great bed, friendly staff, big breakfast and great shower, parking nr to the guest house in quiet street, close to town, pubs and food made me and the lads very welcome recommend 100%. Great

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2011

A very warm welcome.Very clean all around Guest House. Nicely decorated throughout. Lovely cozy and warm. Right in the middle of the lovely market town, but away from noisy pubs. Cafes and restaurants two minutes walk away.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
newcastle
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I have stayed here for the past 4 autumn seasons. Friendly welcome. Nothing is a problem. Clean, comfortable rooms with all facilities and beatifully furnished. Breakfast to suit your needs. Close to town centre, rail and bus services. A must for anyone wanting to stay in the area!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank beverleymad
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I traveled to Beverley via bicycle with a friend. After some cold, windy, rainy cycling Eastgate House was a welcome sight. Accomodation for cycles in a secure rear yard made for piece of mind, and Ray's welcome was enthusiastic and sincere. Though all mod cons were at hand, none of the charm or character of this early 19th century house has been disturbed. Decoration, furnishing, everything has been kept up to a very high standard as was cleanliness overall; Ray and Julie surely keep very busy ensuring that their guests' experiences are optimal. They are always looking for ways to improve and have a suggestion book for guests to comment in; I made a suggestion concerning a bit of a draft in my window, and when I came back to pick up my bags three hours later Ray was standing with insulation tape in hand and a new latch for the sash! Breakfast was perfect with local meat and produce and a good cup of coffee. The personal touches were also impressive, with a number of Ray's photographs displayed throughout the house.

Finally, the location is ideal; quite close to the Minster, shopping areas, pubs and restaurants (check out the White Horse and the Green Dragon!), and St. Mary's. Beverley is a lovely town for a visit, and Eastgate House is a perfect compliment to its surroundings. Coming from York, I did not find the price at all daunting and felt that I received more than my money's worth (but please don't increase the rates!). I have no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Booked for one night and at fairly short notice. As we had to leave early in the morning we were told over the phone we wouldn't get our fry-up which was a bit disappointing. When we arrived, however, and said our hellos to one of the owners he was happy to get up half-an-hour early on his only lie-in of the week to make us our breakfast - hence the five stars for service!

The house is very well kept and in an ideal location on the edge of the town centre. Possibly a little pricey, but that might just be the going rate for Beverley. However, the breakfast is something a bit special as they use only locally sourced produce.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I travel to Beverley fairly often and you can't beat Eastgate Guesthouse. It's not super-trendy (nothing is in Beveley!) but it's clean, comfortable, warm and inviting. Reasonably priced too. Julie and Ray are wonderful hosts - they simply can't do enough for you and the breakfasts are great. I totally recommend staying here for friendliness and warmth.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Poznan
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I travelled to Beverly alone, because of my friend's wedding. Spent there 5 days and nights, not only with friends, but also of my own. The room was so nice, large and comfortable (twin room), that I finally spent a lot of time without leaving the hotel:) reading, relaxing, just taking a rest. Super clean, with tea and coffee always on the table (self service).
I have to say that the hotel staff was incredible - friendly and helpfull in every situation.
One more word about breakfast. In Poland we are not used to such a big meal in the morning. But I tried almoust each item of the menu and I don't regret:) - the food was fresh, prepared just before by Ray, and very tasty!

I strongly recommend this place.

Aneta Piszczala
Poland

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverley
Premier Inn Beverley Town Centre Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cottingham
The Tudor Rose Hotel
The Tudor Rose Hotel
#4 of 15 in Beverley

Been to The 5 Eastgate? Share your experiences!