“Quite user friendly”
Review of Penny's Tea Shop

Penny's Tea Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fab tea shop serving tea & scones/cakes all the way through to full meals
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nice tea shop for usual lunch/tea type menu. Average prices and reasonable staff. Tables not too squashed in as always seems to be a problem in quaint tea shops.

There are newer reviews for Penny's Tea Shop

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We go every fortnight and it is always lovely. I usually ask for either a ham sarnie or salad and get loads of ham and the salad is really nice. Staff couldn't do more for you and it's just a pleasant place to visit. Love it.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

If you want a warm, friendly service and home cooked food, then go here. Great value for money. Hot tasty food. It was great to listen to local people enjoying it there as well. We only went for coffee in the morning but I had scrabbled eggs and toast. We looked at the menu and decided to go away and come back for late lunch. The lady with curly hair explained to us how to get to low force and walk to high force waterfall. It was a brilliant walk. My advise is don't bother with the low force coffee shop/visitors centre as weak old illy coffee, but go back to penny's for coffee and cake. We did go back for a lovely jacket potato and again warm brilliant service. Thanks. We will be back when in the area.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

First off I must praise this establishment for being dog-friendly.

Having had a lovely Sunday morning walk in the area myself and my friend decided we could do with a cuppa and a bite to eat but having my 11 month old pup with us we didn't hold out much chance. Purely chancing our arm we stuck our head through the door and asked if they allowed dogs and we struck gold.

As a responsible dog owner I tried to make sure my dog didn't disturb anyone else or cause a nuisance of herself. She actually fell to sleep in the end so no trouble at all.

Service quick and friendly. Had a lovely cup-a-tea for two and a deliciously, moist piece of carrot cake each ad the bill was under £8.00.

Will definitely go again and will recommend this tea shop to others.

2  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stopped by for coffee and cakes and were not disappointed . Food was good ,service was good and all in all a good experience.It is well placed by the market cross and parking which is free is easy..