“Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Valentine's Restaurant

Valentine's Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Visited here after staying in the town to go to the bowes measum.
The food was really good with a wide choice.
My partner had belly pork and he said it was the best hes ever had. I opted for brie and cranberry wellington as my original choice was sold out. So pleased I did it was fantastic.
The service was a little slow., but they did have a very large party in and only 2 waitresses.
Overall well worth a try.

Marks30, Owner at Valentine's Restaurant, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Fantastic wee gem of a place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant a few times this month and have been amazed at the quality and quantity of food they serve. Delicious home cooked fresh ingredients making my mouth water as I think about it. Can't wait to go back. Wish you had a restaurant in Falkirk where I live, would never be away from it.

1 Thank Moira G
What a Great review I'm so pleased you enjoyed you dinning experience with us,
Leigh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Briiliant food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Called in here for lunch today and was surprised by how good the food was. I am coeliac and have a lot of jacket potatoes when out and about, as finding something to eat can be difficult. I had a baked potato with crispy bacon, brie and tomato and it was scrumptious! My husband had tuna crunch sandwiches on brown granary bread and he really enjoyed that too. Will definitely call in again when we are passing through Barnard Castle

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review, I'm do pleased you enjoyed you lunch with us and had something a little different
Heckmondwike
“Lovely meal and nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were staying next door at the 3 Horseshoes and this Restaurant was recommended by one of the locals. It is a very relaxing place to dine and the staff very efficient. My Husband had the spare ribs which were very nicely cooked and served. I chose the belly pork but unfortunately it has sold out so chose the chicken wrapped in bacon, mushrooms and in a lovely rich white sauce. We had a lovely bottle of chilled dry white wine to compliment our meal and we were well looked after by the nice waitresses. Great meal and night out. Thank you.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and it's great to here our staff are looking after our customers needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal and great atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were staying next door at the Three Horseshoes and they helpfully booked a table for us. The restaurant has a good atmosphere and we were seated straight away. We didn't want a huge meal so had main course - Tempura prawns for him and Belly Pork for me. Portions generous. Prawns came with coleslaw salad and home made chips. Belly Pork with a selection of vegetables. I think I would recommend that they serve the pork with some creamed potatoes and maybe some green veg. The sauce was delicious and would have gone well with mash. Decent selection of wines by the glass. We didn't manage dessert but the choice was good. Decent coffee. Our waitress seemed a little nervous - maybe she was new? Lovely place, Would thoroughly recommend.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Marks30, Owner at Valentine's Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review and I'm pleased I could help you with menu choice. We look forward to welcoming you back in the bear future.