“Poor service”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Called in today 13 August to book a table for 8. Lady at front of house did not look very presentable nor was she helpful I asked if I could have a menu for my party to pre order their meal menu only available on line.. went to the 3 horseshoes how different I was handed menus straight away made it so stress free great booked the table and even booked a room. What a difference friendly presentable staff make.

1  Thank var007
Marks30, Owner at Valentine's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Firstly how can you rate 1 star against a restaurant that you have not even eaten in !! Sarah is a well presented and well like member of my team.
You asked for a menu which she explained about early bird menu and specials board and that we had no take away menus available but it is on our web site. I was then called to the bar to assist you didn't actually have a date in mind and it turned out to be a lunch enquiry . I was given the impression what you were trying to do was negotiate discount on a party booking of 8 people You then still never gave me a date and left the restaurant. So this review is totally unwarranted and if you would like to read others about previous functions and wedding you will see we are very accommodating. And any business is very welcome but I feel we are not the venue for you and I do hope you enjoy your lunch elsewhere.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Would like to thank Mark and all the staff for a great day.As always food was excellent,everyone
had a great time.This really made our day and will never be forgotten.Could not have asked for a better venue.Highly recomend Valentines for any occasion,a must try.

1  Thank Geoff B
Marks30, Owner at Valentine's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for writing a great review, it was a pleasure sharing your special day with you and your guests. Alex lomas was a great touch .

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

What a place! It was like going round to a friend's house for dinner - lovely staff who were really friendly and the chef even popped out of the kitchen to double check how t'other half wanted his steak cooking. Fun atmosphere, masses of food cooked well and presented nicely. Great prices too! Couldn't recommend this place more highly!

Thank you for a great 5* review and I'm pleased I got the chance to say hello and have a little chat . We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Being local we've eaten at Valentines on a number of occasions, for both lunch and dinner and never had a bad meal yet. The food has always been well cooked and well presented and they have a good range of reasonably priced wines.

The meal last night was a family get together before our holiday, 5 adults and 2 kids ordering a wide range of dishes. 2 of us had the Sirloin steak, both cooked exactly as requested.

There was a minor mix up with one of the starters, which was quickly rectified with no fuss ...and a little extra added :-)

The Eton Mess dessert was a delicious finish to the night which left me feeling full, but not uncomfortable. I'd recommend that to anyone with a sweet tooth.

From a family perspective there isn't a specific kids menu, however my oldest is already onto eating adult servings and as you get generous portions here most dishes can be easily shared; for example the Garlic bread was easily enough for the 2 kids to share as a starter. Equally the ribs main course could become 2 half racks for younger kids to share.

We had an earlier sitting while the restaurant was quieter, but by the time we went it was packed.

Overall another pleasant evening and we look forward to our next visit.

Thank you for a great review, I hope you all had a good holiday

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My friend and I turned up unannounced without a reservation mid week to find the place absolutely packed (always a good sign). Decor is chic and bistro style with a very nice ambience.

We were greeted by a member of staff who said she would accommodate us without too much trouble or fuss. Drinks order placed, we were quickly ushered to a beautifully presented table with comfortable seating.

The food order was served promptly, all ingrediants sourced from fresh, local produce and portions were very generous indeed. Courses were not rushed and you were given time to enjoy and soak up the atmosphere.

The chefs/owners introduced themselves and were genuinely eager to ensure our dietary requirements were catered for (my friend is diabetic).

I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant - try it, you won't be disappointed!

Marks30, Owner at Valentine's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for a great 5* review and I'm pleased to hear that the waitresses took great care of you and managed to sort you out a table without much delay on such a busy night. We make it our job to get people a table but unfortunately at busy time it's is not always possible. I look forward to welcoming you both back in the bear future