“Pudding delight”

Jersey Farm
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our first visit to Jersey farm and we will Definitely return. They offered carvery or a la carte menu.We ate from the a la carte and the food was great.The carvery option looked really good to.The service and organisation was second to none and the puddings were fab, you could choose a selection of small portions if so desired.Definitely worth a visit and they are open every day, all day.Web site shows full menu and prices, drinks a little dear.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Jersey Farm hosted my friend's wedding, and I have to say the organisation, food, atmosphere and overall event were handled superbly. Everybody at the wedding was highly impressed with Ruth and the staff!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Enjoyed Sunday Lunch carvery here. There was a choice of four roasts, with generous servings and a good selection of vegetables.
The desert bar (they claim to have 15 deserts - we didn't count but there was certainly plenty of choice, both hot and cold) was varied and again with generous helpings.
Would definitely return if in the area.

1  Thank Newforestgeoff
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I who are now nearing our 80 years young, decide to revisit some of our haunts of yesteryear
On this occasion it was the restaurant of the Jersey Farm Hotel.
First the Background. years ago we used to caravan a lot and the Barnard Castle area was and still is a favourite place to visit. We camped our caravan in the very pretty and expensive village of Winston. in a very well secluded camping site (its still there) We frequently came to the jersey Farm and in those days (as it is now) famous for its Carvery.
These days the Jersey Farm has now become a Hotel and the restaurant has been updated and in my opinion much improved.
We visited today without having to book, and again after many years we enjoyed their famous carvery and also their deserts which made your mouth water. All in all it was an excellent meal and as the lunch time progressed most of the tables were occupied.
Whilst paying my bill I asked the waiter if the old owners were still in charge and much to our surprise he pointed to a gentleman who was standing behind us, and seeing him brought many happy memories flooding back to us. His wife who was incapacitated at this time and could not be there, so I asked him to remind her that we affectionately called her Mrs 2 Spoons in the old days.
The hotel and restaurant are in my opinion a large asset to this area, bearing in mind that so many of their contemporaries are no longer around.
Regards

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Room was very comfortable. The restaurant served exce lent breakfast - dinner was rather down market, although the carvery was tasty. Seems to cater for large parties well.