“Great little organic cafe restaurant with very good ethical shop attached”

Cross Lanes Organic Farm
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stopped here for lunch on our way to the Lake district. Food and service very good, fresh home made bread roll with the soup. The waiter was apologetic for the delay and offered to reduce the price,we refused. The place was busy when we went in, I'd sooner wait than have my food microwaved.
The shop attached stocks all manner of organic, ethical and local produce, gifts and cards. We shall definitely return.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We stopped for a coffee and some lunch. The service and place are fantastic, the promise of a tasty wood fire cooked Pizza caught my imagination, sadly it was very dry and tasteless. Such a shame as I hoped for something a lot better. I would add the service was excellent.

1  Thank Sean L
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This place was recommended to us by friends who travel to the lakes a lot which we were on this occasion.
To be fair I still can't really make up my mind.
Looks like a garden centre from the outside, not somewhere we would ever contemplate stopping at if we had not been recommended.
Bit of a strange smell on entering, not offensive or foul....just strange. Service was very pleasant and burgers were outstanding, absolutely delicious, but no diet coke just organic which tasted like cheap RolaCola from the eighties.
Two burgers two colas £26.00 is a bit pricey but I suppose thats the price to pay for eating healthy, although that RolaCola tasted anything but!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

If you're travelling along the A66 and in need of a break then this is the place to stop.

There are many things to recommend in the shop (great beef and beer for one!), but my favourite is to relax in the restaurant with a homemade milk shake and a pizza straight from their (very impressive) stone oven. Delicious.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is now a favourite stop as we head across the A66. The surroundings are great -modern, clean and comfortable, the service is great and the quality and range of food is fantastic. We regularly break a journey for coffee and a home baked scone, and have also had some great lunches there. You don't feel hurried and the staff are very good at getting food to the table quickly.

Nice farm shop/deli too.