“Fantastic food and great value for money”

Middleton In Teesdale Fish and Chip Shop
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Rural Fish and Chip Shop in Middleton in Teesdale, only 5 minutes drive from the famous "High Force" situated in the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Out door seating and TAKE AWAY Summer opening ( April to end October) Sun: 12 -6pm, Mon closed, Tue/Wed/Thur: 11:30-2pm, 4pm-8pm, Fri: 11:30 - 20:30 Sat: 11:30-2pm, 4pm-8pm
Washington, UK
“Fantastic food and great value for money”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Walked past this shop on a Sunday - the smell was gorgeous so we called back from a local camp site on the Monday - it was closed - so we called back on the Tuesday and were really glad we did. Food cooked to order, so it's fresh and hot, and great value for money - huge portions. We sat outside on the tables provided and the food was brought to us. Super service. Dogs welcome outside. We'll be back.

Visited August 2014
David A, Owner at Middleton In Teesdale Fish and Chip Shop, responded to this review, 4 October 2014
Glad you enjoyed your camping trip and even better, your fish and chips. Unfortunately we do close Mondays, as we need a little respite after the weekend.

Your comments are really appreciated, we are comparatively new to the Fish and Chip shop business, so any feedback is very welcome. My sister and I are from a farming background and aim to give generous portions of good quality food at a reasonable price, I'm pleased we met your exacting standards and hopefully we will see you at Middleton in Teesdale before too long.

Thank you once again for both your customer and your review.

Kirkoswald, United Kingdom
“Excellent fish and chips”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Huge portions, well cooked and very friendly staff. Fast service and no long queues. Not expensive at all

• Visited May 2014
Thank you Dick O for your comments and for taking the time to write your review. It makes all the hard work worth it.

My sister Lydia and I will look forward to meeting you when you call again which I hope will be before too long.

David
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Best Fish & Chips in a very long time; we will be back! Perfect batter, crispy and light, and every chip tasted perfect. Can't wait to come back and try more. Very impressed with the service, seating and sourcing of ingredients.

• Visited July 2014
Hi Laura

Sorry for taking so long to respond to your review. This summer has been really busy (maybe it is the weather or maybe it's good fish and chips - or both). It was good to see you and I'm delighted you enjoyed your fish and chips. look forward to seeing you again soon. We are closed on Sunday's from October until April - Lydia needs a break...)

All the very best
“Perfect in every way”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in on advice of friends, who said it was good, good doesn't even cover it, the service was impeccable, the chips were perfect, but the fish, let's just say I will never want battered cod again unless it's from here, cooked to perfection and the batter was outstanding. Highly recommended 5*

Well George, what can I say but a huge thank you for your kind comments. My sister and I were overwhelmed when we read your review, we work hard to provide high quality fish and chips as do the rest of the Middleton in Teesdale Fish shop team. It is a great boost to know we are getting things right. Maybe you will be kind enough to introduce yourself next time you call, which we hope will be very soon.

David
Durham
“Possibly the greatest chip shop ever”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have visited this chip shop on several occasions and have received excellent service every time. The staff are very friendly and are always happy to chat. The food itself is divine with the homemade pies being by far the most delicious I have ever tasted. 10/10 in all categories and I look forward to my next visit thank you again for a great culinary experience :-)

• Visited July 2014
David A, Manager at Middleton In Teesdale Fish and Chip Shop, responded to this review, 4 October 2014
Firstly may I say how pleased we are that you are a 'regular'. It never ceases to amaze us how far people travel to enjoy the wonderful scenery that Middleton in Teesdale has to offer and we are glad we don't let the place down with the Fish Chips and Homemade pies we serve.

We have just changed our opening hours for the Winter, so if you are passing this way, please give us a call on 01833 640404or check TA for the opening time.

Look forward to meeting you.

David & Lydia