The Coach And Horses
The Old Well Inn(Barnard Castle)
US$107
US$87
Baliol House(Barnard Castle)
US$107
  • Breakfast included
YHA Langdon Beck(Barnard Castle)(Great Value!)
US$52
  • Restaurant
Homelands Guest House(Barnard Castle)
US$120
Hotels.com
Jersey Farm(Barnard Castle)
US$128
Lily Hill Farm(Barnard Castle)
US$96
Hotels.com
The Three Tuns(Eggleston)
US$105
All reviewsthe publovely landlordfeel very welcomelittle gemjamiechips
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Well located in the centre of town, with free parking right outside. Staff were friendly, room was clean. Only downsides were the music playing in the bar until 01:00 when I wanted an early night, and no breakfast available as the chef had the day off!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I booked the accommodation for my partner for the night before our wedding, we choose this location purely on the fact that they had guaranteed a late check out time and it was very reasonably priced.

I was then really disappointed to hear from my other half after checking in, they said that he would not be allowed to stay in his room a bit longer in the morning. There was no point in him getting into his suit 4 hours before the wedding, and we booked this venue purely because they said about the late check out.
As it was I who had made the booking, I had to phone up and the only way they allowed him to stay longer was because I said we would find somewhere else last minute, and at that point it didn't seem a problem!!

Rooms were ok, nothing to rave about.

Will not be back after such disappointing and unorganised service, as they struggled to be able to make notes for reservations.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013

As the title says good food and fab staff. Nothing was too much trouble and the lady behind the bar went out of her way to Make sure my 6 yr old grandson got a drink that he liked. They also allow dogs in which is a massive plus for me. I will eat here again as the food was reasonably priced, good sized potions and very tasty

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank chynagirl1
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Wandering around the town looking for somewhere to eat we settled on the Coach and Horses. Not a bad menu and fair pub prices. We decided to sit outside and found several other diners already on the patio. Unfortunately the gentleman at the next table was grumbling about his steak being tough (his wife was making far more fuss than he was while he just wanted to put it down to experience) and as this was what my wife had ordered we were a little put out.
No need to worry though as hers was excellent and she ate every scrap. There you have it - you'll have to make up your own mind and he can write his own review if he wants. I had a mushroom omelette by the way and it was perfect.
Both staff and customers were friendly and we enjoyed our visit.
The patio is a bit of a "work in progress" right now and a Health & Safety nightmare with uneven surfaces and plenty of trips and slips to be had by the unwary particularly those who have drink taken.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Basic accommodation at a rock bottom, fair price. We absolutely loved our stay and would not hesitate to return. The landlord was the epitome of hospitality and cooked up a cracking breakfast. He also kindly served early one morning due to an appointment we had to meet.

The pub is in an excellent location in the centre of Barnard Castle. There was ample free on street parking at the front. As can be expected from a room above a pub, there was some noise from below. We had no problems sleeping on either the Saturday or Sunday night, but, if noise is an issue for you, I would advise you not to book a room at a pub.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple