While I wouldn’t rule out returning to the Old Well Inn, it won’t be my first choice. The building, welcome, breakfast and my room were pleasant enough – but note the following. There was no mobile phone reception (for O2) in the building; the free wi-fi was only accessible in the bar; and the chef left (“last week”), so that the expected restaurant and packed lunches were unavailable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Well Inn is a historic coaching inn that has the castle walls running along the beer garden. We have 10 ensuite character rooms , that can accommodate families, as well as individual travellers. Hotel guests enjoy a delicious breakfast. Our kitchen is open to the public from noon till 8.30pm, serving a variety of meals. We have soups and sandwiches , salads and chips and steaks and pies and even curries and pasta. The lovely conservatory has a coffee bar and dessert counter with a delectable and ever changing variety of desserts. The pub is famous for it's real cask ales. You will almost always get a new range. Our staff are warm , friendly , welcoming and ever ready to assist you as best they can. Welcome to the Old Well Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Old Well Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Well Hotel Barnard Castle
- Old Well Inn
- The Old Well Inn Barnard Castle, Durham