“Brilliant food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Brilliant food, friendly owners. Pleasure to visit there. Seating outside, so we where able to take dogs with us. Owners even provide bowl water for dogs.

1  Thank finnsnan

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The pub/restaurant is in a small village -Long Marton - just off the A66. The food is of very good quality and we'll presented. Staff are friendly and welcoming. Meals are excellent value for money, particularly the special 2or3 course options on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Short of some where to go when all my usual places were closed one night I went here with a group pf friends and I was impressed! I had a steak main course which was cooked exactly how I like it which makes a change with the most lush onion rings I have ever tasted!
I had a little bit of room left so me having a sweet tooth opted for a pudding, this was something I should have thought twie about, it was fab but bigger than my main course!!!!! do not order a pudding unless you have the room as you won't want to waste it!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I ordered a starter of Battered Hake ,the hake was lovely but spoiled by the batter ,it was still oozing oil while I was eating it,For my main I ordered the mixed grill with Haggis,the mixed grill was ok,but I was off put by the sauce the was swamping the plate and the grill, on tasting it turned out to be the Haggis,I'm sorry but I like my Haggis in a more solid form,the service was great

1  Thank Jadunn44
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This is our local and we are generally to be found there any Sunday night we happen to be around.
Over the past few years Kenton and Jennifer (the proprietors) have invested a considerable sum to extend the eating area giving 20 or more extra covers with a private room facility for large parties.
Kenton (ably assisted by brother and others) handles the cooking, whilst Jennifer manages the bar (with help from local young people, mainly students).
We find the food excellent in choice, quality, and value. The Lamb chops are a personal favourite, whilst the "real" chips go down well. The choice extends to vegetarian offerings, whilst the dessert highlights include Strawberry Pavlova and Chocolate Profiteroles.
We also find the house wine (both red and white) quaffable.
A full a la carte menu is served Fri/Sat/Sun evenings only, whilst Wed/Thurs/Fri a more limited bar menu is available.
Such is this places popularity family groups travel some distance to take advantage of the offering, so booking is essential. We've seen the unbooked sadly turned away.
At Appleby Horse Fair this place becomes a favourite for Gypsy Travellers and the whole proposition changes - chaos rules for a week. If you'd like to savour the spirit of the Fair this is the place you'll find it. But be warned it becomes rough and ready for this one week in the year! The rear car park turns into a Horse Park!
For a couple of courses and wine we generally spend around £22 a head.

2  Thank Keith-Clan