YHA Dufton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewspretty villageself catering kitchenpennine waydrying roompacked lunchcommon roomcomfy sofaslovely buildingthe pubbunk bedsfriendly welcomefamily roomhostelstagduttonpwdorm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The plain exterior of this hostel in the pretty village of Dufton belies the lovely arts and craftsy interior. As a solo Pennine Way walker I was given a dorm to myself which is always nice when it happens. I had a good dinner, a hot shower, a relaxing read in the comfortable lounge, followed by a good night's sleep, in preparation for the challenging day over Cross Fell. It is a slight mystery to me why the YHA haven't embraced wifi like most other types of accommodation but that is a minor issue really.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DesignerWoman
Reviewed 5 August 2013

On our roadtrip in Northern England, we arrived at Dufton at 7pm on a Sunday and we were welcomed by a very friendly manager in YHA Dufton. As we were hungry, he still was likely to open the kitchen for us although it was too late and already closed. We were very satisfied, not only because of the delicious food. The dorms were spacious and the shower little plus clean. It was a very nice experience for all of us (4 male, 2 female). The breakfast was more than enough. Altogether we were very happy to know this YHA and we are likely to come back when we visit the evironment.

Room Tip: a cushion extra is a good idea. They are very light.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here in July whilst walking the Pennine Way. The young lady running the place was exceptional, from taking our booking one evening to breakfast the next day she worked so hard to make our stay enjoyable. She seemed to be running the place single handed. THANK YOU. Sorry cant recall your name, dark hair and slim. We had dinner over the oposite side of the village green at a pub whose name I cant recall either but it was also exceptional.This location is great for the Pennine Way and very reasonably priced.
The addition of wifi and a TV would be a great addition to this otherwise fine facility,

Room Tip: Ring direct not through the booking line and ask about the options
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Great Hostel with excellent service. Stayed on Friday 12th 2013 whilst on the Pennine Way walking north. The hostel is made even better as the Stag is just over the road which serves great food and has a great atmosphere. In 2012 I came second in the Thursday night quiz.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here whilst walking the Pennine Way for one night on the 19th May 2013. Staff were very helpful at every point. One of my laces had broken en route to Dufton and I asked the male member of staff if they had any. He said they didnt but to leave it with him. On my return from a nearby pub which I had eaten at, I found a box of assorted 'found property' laces on my room doorstep! I was sorted, the only cost being a donation to one of the hostel charities. This may not seem a big deal to some, but as a walker it was a massive issue for me. The room was comfortable and I had a restful night. Breakfast was good and the packed lunch was an industry standard. Highlight of the stay was seeing a red squirrel through the window whilst eating breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo