Wild Rose Park
Agoda.com
US$97
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsplatinum caravantouring caravancaravan parkmini marketwell stocked shopgreat siteoutdoor swimming poolshower toilet facilitiesplay areashower blockholiday homedog exercise areaclean parkon site shopstatic vanstaff at receptionmobile home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have just returned from a 5 day break for new year at Wild Rose and have to say the trip was one of the best we have had. We were a group of 19 adults and kids and stayed in 4 caravans which were spotless, warm and very comfortable. As a family, we havebbeen staying at this site for over 20 years and have seen the park change owners a few times, however, in my opinion, the current owners have added a new and welcome dimension to the site. It feels a lot less 'cliquie' thanIit used to, more family friendly and has the addition of a much better club house.
This brings me on to my final point. The family and staff who run the bar/restaurant, they simply made our holiday. Amazingly friendly and helpful throughout the entire break, from the superb James Bond themed new years eve party to the unexpected private party on new years day and opening just for our party the day after for a slightly more sedate evening! I could go on about more of the little touches they added for us but I'd be here all day, suffice to say, we will be back throughout the year and will definitely be back next new year. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank mickpick18
Reviewed 4 November 2013

just returned from camping at wild rose we were well impressed when after putting our tents up in a downpour on muddy ground a member of staff turned up in their tractor with wooden boards for the grass around our tent this saved on our tents getting extremely muddy! kids loved the trick or treating on Halloween night and a good time was had by all back at the cockahoop bar and we had an even better night at the bonfire party fireworks,live music karoke,disco were all fab. The showers were the best ive experienced on a site nice and hot and underground heating (could do with a hook on back of door to hang towel on though) the only negative thing I will say is the toilets next to camping field need to be checked more as it was messy with toilet paper on floor still didn't spoil our stay so the site is getting 5/5 from us.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lorna m
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed here on a Fri- Mon break with our little dog. In total there were 7 in our party including 3 children all 10years old and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The clubhouse was very reasonably priced and lots of special offers noted all over - which leads me to the food !!!!! OMG we were in heaven, the quality of the food served here was brilliant, but if you're looking for a la carte then this is not for you, this is a hearty good food restaurant with decent portion sizes and lots of meat dishes and tasty treats for all. The onsite mini market was running low, but as we had gone in the last weekend in October they were trying to run stocks down for the winter, there was still plenty of the essentials needed though. Our children used the onsite arcade regularly and when the machines broke or ate their money the staff were all to happy to replace the lost money and even join in the fun with them. The halloween activities provided were brilliant, pumpkin carving, fancy dress, trick or treat trail and the karaoke/ disco was really entertaining. All in all an extremely enjoyable weekend was had by everyone in our party and we will be returning soon.

Room Tip: All caravans and lodges looked to be ample for the number of people they catered for, our was a little dated, but we expected this as we were staying where they allowed dogs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I came here with my grandaughter age 5 on the 18 oct 2013 for a 3 day break.
This park is lovely,very relaxed and has a little play area that was just perfect for her.
I have been here 3 times over the past 2 years.This park is in the middle of the countryside and is ideal for those that want to 'escape to the country'.
the restaurant and bar is very friendly ,the food is very good value for the prices charged and the atmosphere is very welcoming.
I cannot understand the negative feedback.I have travelled the world and find the Wild rose to be an ideal location to relax.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I came here with my boys in the summer holidays. I was a mum on my own with three lads and I have to say I and they felt intimidated by a group of "kids" who seem to run the park. They used offensive language and threatened my boys. There were 2 bar men that were extremely helpful and seemed aware of the "thugs" and said they would sort them out but I was uncomfortable and glad when our stay came to an end. I would not return again. We have been on a number of occasions over the years and this is the only time this has happened. It felt like a lot of money to park a tent and use the loos which are getting a little tired. I never did get a plug to work. Oh and an extremely grumpy lady working in the shop did not lend itself to any feel good experience I had enjoyed in the past.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family