“Great place in the heart of Weymouth” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alexandra Hotel

Alexandra Hotel
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
“Great place in the heart of Weymouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was there several times: friendly cheap clean and near to everything
Room are spacious and there's a very good wifi and a desk, so it's also a good hotel for a business trip
I'm a single professional so must of the time I stay in room #6, seafront view and spacious and quite nighttime (which is not so easy in weymouth)
The only drawback, especially if you are in a business trip, is the very loud and annoying merry-go-around on the other side of the street, but if you are in weymouth to relax and enjoy a break you won't probably notice it (and it's not an hotel fault of course)
There's a private parking on the back of the hotel and the breakfast is excellent too.
Defly my favourite place in town and I'd recommend to anyone

Room Tip: Incredible value for money!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Massimo D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Retired now but for many years I have stayed in hotels all over the country and abroad. I have stayed in some really different places. Lorry stops up to the Dorchester. Flash and very massive USA hotels, little back water motels, the gambit. What you pay for is what you should get.

So last minute booking, weather looked great and Weymouth I have loved since a small child. Was getting pretty busy on the bookings in Weymouth and we were having trouble finding somewhere. Not realising that this was the very hotel we stayed in on our honeymoon, they still had a place for nights. Was really pleased that we were able to park there.

We were given a sea view room at no extra. Hair dryer, tea and coffee was provided and it was a family room. Very clean and comfortable. OK, the updating bit may be of notice but it didn`t spoil our stay. Very nice lounge to relax in also.

The situation of the place is really good. Very handy for eateries and pubs and right by the beach and harbour.

Sue served a very decent breakfast and was OK if people wanted to change their order around. Plenty of toast to go with it. We both were pretty much in and out of the place. We like to relax and read in the afternoon later on and get ready for a meal out. Decent TV was provided.

At 70 pound a night, free parking , it was on a par very much with the going price. In fact at the lower end. We are going back again quite soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GandAPlymouth
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Because my usual place to stay was fully booked my partner searched around and booked the Alexandra hotel.
I thought the price payed was quite high for room only so was disappointed with the value of the deal.
On arrival we were told that as longer staying guests we had been given a family room. This consisted of a double sized room with a double and single bed. The single bed was positioned across the window so we were not able to sit and take in the limited sea view. The room was tired looking and need to be brightened up.
Initially I was disappointed, however my view started to change as the holiday progressed.
The position of the hotel was very good. Near to the town centre, near to the harbour area and close to the beach.
The hotel did have free car parking although it seems at peak times getting in and out may require some forward planning. Best to book this in advance.
As we were near the town there was no shortage of place's close by that did breakfast.
The cheapest cooked breakfast we found was £2.25 but add on toast and tea and it starts to rise, but still good value. The advantage of eating breakfast out is your not governed by breakfast times, so if on holiday and you want a lay in you can have one without missing breakfast. We found this much better.
So here's your choice, room only in a tired room, with free parking ( if you've been to Weymouth before you will know how painful parking can be in both finding a spot and then paying a high price for it ) and in a very good position or a Bed AND Breakfast place where your tired to times and may have to find your own parking place.
We may in the future decide not to have a B & B but bed only if in a place like Weymouth as this really did suit us.
Would we stay here again. If we could get a little of the price then Yes we probably would.

Room Tip: Book parking in advance. Book direct with the hotel, in may work out cheaper.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank mick b
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel before going on Condor Ferry to Jersey. Hotel had a its own secure car park on site which was handy as we had a lot of luggage we wanted to keep safe. We choose room only but breakfast is there for a small cost! Hotel is clean and staff very friendly! 10/10

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MO2783
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was planning on coming to Weymouth with my youngest son, to visit my elder son. Who had actually booked somewhere else for me to stay, but not knowing my husband had also booked the Alexandra Hotel for us. My husband was very impressed with Tim on the phone, saying that he was so friendly and such a nice person that I decided to cancel the other place. This must have been fate because I was so glad that we, had decided to stay at Alexandra Hotel. Upon arriving we were greeted with smile and addressing me by my name, which already made me feel welcome. Then we were given the choice of 2 rooms, one at the front of the hotel with a lovely view of the sea front or one at the back of the hotel- it was very thoughtful to give us the choice. We took the one at the front, which was lovely to wake and see the sea. The room was HUGE with a very large bed and a single bed for my son. The beds were very comfortable and we slept like babies. The room was very clean with a lovely selection of tea, coffee & biscuits. My husband did not book breakfast for us when we booked but next time we stay, and there will be a next time, we will book breakfast because when I had a sneaky peek in the dining room, the breakfast looked very nice. We stayed 2 nights and our beds were kindly made up for us and the room was tidied after the first night. Sue & Tim were very friendly & accommodating, we will defiantly be staying again in the future, when ever we visit Weymouth. Thanks Sue & Tim

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

A warm welcome and a comfortable room were what I was looking for mid February in Weymouth for a visit on family matters and that is what I found in this hotel. I would not hesitate to come back here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank dnoelhudson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel. It was nice enough.

Unfortunately the floor slanted in our room which was a little off putting and the walls were very very thin.

The room was warm if a little dated and the bed comfy.
Wasnt the best. But along way from the worst place to stay in weymouth.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple