Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven
US$100
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
1,634 results
All reviewsmash and barrelwest acresswimming poolholiday parkindustrial estateon arrivalcrazy golftouring areaplatinum caravantouring sitesun holidayevening entertainmentpapa johnsdevon cliffsprivate caravannature reservetennis courts
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Fun, friendly and unforgettable. We had a great time so much to do and a lovely park. I was a little worried at first as im a single mum on a budget but the van we stayed in was clean well equipped and comfy I think it was a delux. The mash and barrel and show bar were great for the children they loved every minute and have bought some fond memories away with them. The staff were friendly and helpful and entertained the children perfectly. Will definitely be booking again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Hi there!
Thank you for sharing your "fun, friendly and unforgettable" holiday here at Littlesea. It was lovely to read that you had "a great time" with "so much to do". Littlesea is a fantastic place for families of all ages and the team here always strive to be "friendly" and "helpful". Family time is so precious these days and it is fantastic that you have taken "fond memories" home with you. I look forward to welcoming you back to Littlesea, to make even more happy memories :-)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just staying a littlesea camping and gone down to the one and only sit down restaurant on the camp to find everyone being kicked out for a owners party. People have paid top money for these facility's and the owners have their own lounge and bar to use. There is only one other club on the complex which is full so a lot of people are just having to go back to their caravans and the kids are screaming because they can't stay out. To add insult to injury the reception is shut and not a manager in sight. If you are thinking of booking this place just remember if you are not an owner then be prepared to be treated as a second class person even if you have paid nearly a grand.

• Stayed: May 2014

Hi!
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay at Littlesea. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further, if you would like to do so, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Having read some of the negative comments on here prior to my visit, I was to say the least apprehensive about staying at Littlesea, however, I'm pleased to say, I have returned home today with a huge soft spot for the place.
Just to set the scene, I travelled with my hubby, my 9 yr old, my mum and dad so mixed ages and interests. We stayed 7 nights.
We were given a caravan in Woodlands, the highest point of the park with beautiful views. The caravan was fabulous, modern and clean throughout.
The park itself was also modern and immaculately clean, including all the public indoor and outdoor areas and the indoor pool.
We visited the on site restaurant "The Mash & Barrell" a couple of times and it was perfectly pleasant, especially with the 25% of main meals between 3 and 5 pm Monday to Friday.
As for the comments about the industrial estate you have to go through to get to the park, it didn't seem that industrial to us, it even had a garden centre on there which from the outside looked nice.
As for the evening entertainment, we are not really holiday camp entertainment/show bar type people so we only went in there once for the 80's themed night which was quite fun.
Big thanks to the following members of staff who made our stay a great one. Jess, Paul and Becky at reception and Michelle at the Mash & Barrell who very kindly warned us about the greedy seagulls this morning at breakfast.
Just one negative Littlesea....we felt the meals from the chippy were overpriced given the chips were dry. Chip shop chips should be cut fresh from potatoes and wrapped in newspaper!
We would wholeheartedly recommend this fantastic site!

1  Thank ellibumsmum
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Hi!
Thank you so much for sharing your holiday experience and I am very pleased to read that you now have a "huge soft spot" for Littlesea :-) Littlesea is in a wonderful location, situated on a nature reserve and the views are indeed "beautiful". I have eaten in the Mash and Barrel a few times too and have always found the food to be lovely, so it was great to read that you found the food "perfectly pleasant". I hope you took the chance to try the lovely Sunday carvery as well. I have passed on your compliments to our lovely team members Jess, Paul and Becky at Reception and Michelle in the Mash and Barrel "who made your stay a great one". Thank you for "wholeheartedly" recommending "this fantastic site!" See you soon :-)

Phone 01305 774414

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed in a platinum caravan which was fantastic! Although certain things were missed when they had cleaned it (maybe I'm being picky) Wouldn't stay in anything else now! Clean, well presented park. Didn't eat in the mash and barrel, but did eat at the on site fish and chip shop which was lovely. The only disappointing thing was the temperature of the pool..... It was freezing and didn't make a very enjoyable swim! Beware of the drinks prices in the bar! Very expensive! Loads to do in weymouth about a 10 minute drive. Overall a great park...we will be back :)

Room Tip: Book a platinum caravan or a lodge.

Hi!
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about you recent holiday at Littlesea. The platinum caravans are indeed "fantastic", but if you get the chance, have a look at the luxury lodges - awesome - I would happily live in one! I was glad to read that you think Littlesea is a "clean, well presented park". Our Grounds team work exceptionally hard to keep Littlesea looking at it's best, and I, for one, think they do a fantastic job :-) Littlesea is ideally located to explore Weymouth, which, as you have discovered has "loads to do", plus a beautiful beach. Lovely to hear you think Littlesea is "a great park" and that you "will be back". Come and say hi!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just returned from 5 days at Littlesea, Weymouth and it was very good indeed. In fact it was the best we stayed in so far.

Caravan:
Got the caravan via the Daily Mail offer ages ago and upgraded to Premier and were in caravan 11 on Lagoon Close, see map: http://www.haven.com/download/park-maps/ls-park-map.pdf. It was ideal. A calm cul-de-sac with a private feel, not crowded with caravans every which way you look, like some parts of the site/other parks. Other families were polite and quiet (if we saw them at all). The caravan seemed brand new (we think september 2013) and very modern. It had a power shower, which was nice and warm, a tv with build in dvd player and hdmi in (we brought a WD box so we could play any film/tv program we liked from our hard drive). Bedrooms nice and main had an en-suite toilet/basin. Super handy. Kitchen was modern, with hob/oven and microwave, big build in fridge/freezer. It was very clean on arrival, beds made, all sparking and comfy. We have two little ones, 22 months and 3 years, and so we want the caravan to be warm. This was no problem the heating was top notch and instructions in the cupboard next to fridge clear and easy to follow. The parking bay was proper road (not muddy lane/gravel) and you could park right next to the caravan. Which had a porch for sitting on and a wooden picnic bench by the side near the entrance. On the porch was a little dry rack for socks/underwear that sort of thing. I used the curtain rails inside the caravan for our bath towels as we were out all day anyway and they are excellent for bigger things when not in.

Check in:
The entrance is lovely and well kept, the greeting at the gate perfect. We were directed to the field past the club centre to park as the little car park was too full with all the new arrivals. The field was also very full with parked cars (all new arrivals it later appeared as we never saw the field used for anything but recreational sports after that). The field is very close to the sea with only a coastal path and some wilderness in between. Me and the kids had a lovely wait, hearing the surf and birds chirping, while dad went to get the key at reception. It was very busy at check in, but they did let those who could check in at 3 pm ahead of those who could check in from 4 pm. So we didn't have to wait very long. But one must question this weird practise of not checking in anyone earlier even if the caravan is ready and clean. I mean that's when you get a field full of cars which never makes a good impression.

Pool:
We didn't make use of anything other than the pool, just because of the little ones schedules and our daily outings. The pool is open to visitors (who don't own a caravan on site) from 9:30. It was very quiet for the hour we spend there each morning, except when the day was very wet. It was still not crowded however. The little ones LOVED the pool and it was warm enough for them (although not terribly so) if your little one isn't active they may only last half an hour. There were family changing rooms with nappy bins and changing tables. I brought little watering cans for mine to play with and that was a hit (also with other kids who borrowed them from time to time and were reluctant to hand them back when we were leaving). There is a lifeguard on duty all the time. Staff was friendly and nice.

All in all I would recommend this park to anyone, but I do believe it's worth the upgrade. The location was lovely (drive too it not so much, through industrial estate, but as we didn't linger, who cares). Weymouth is an easy drive away and we loved it there. So did the little ones.

Room Tip: We had caravan 11 in Lagoon Close. It was new, modern, super clean and in a quiet bit of the park, near the club house and the sea.
1  Thank Elnara21

Hi!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your holiday experience, it was lovely to read. I am really pleased you found your caravan "all sparkling and comfy". I will pass your compliments on to our dedicated Grounds and Security team, who will be really pleased to hear your comments. The lagoon area where you had "a lovely wait", is beautiful - very tranquil and it is lovely to listen to "the surf and the birds chirping". I am very happy to hear that your "little ones LOVED the pool" and that you found "it was warm enough for them". The pool is a very popular feature here at Littlesea, especially where we have a separate activity pool, which means whenever there are water based activities going it doesn't affect the general swim. Also, thank you so much for saying you "would recommend this park to anyone" and that it's the "best so far". It certainly sounds like you had a lovely time here and I hope you will return soon :-)