“Nice site”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed for 4 nights for my birthday. The site overall is what you expect from Haven. Our electric camping pitch was excellent and well kept. We were lucky enough to have brilliant weather, so for a couple of days didn't move from outside our tent but, when we did the activities were ok. Golf needs some attention as all the flags and holes were broken and the swimming pool was not as good as some other Haven sites. A few of the younger staff members didn't look like they wanted to be there and were pretty grumpy and 'half soaked'. I don't think we would stay here again as we much preferred Seaview last year especially for the coastal walk into Weymouth and Bowlease cove. The bonus was that the night time entertainment team were far superior and could actually sing in tune at Littlesea!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Hi there!
Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience. What a great way to spend your birthday - I hope you had a lovely time :-) I am really pleased you thought your "camping pitch was excellent and well kept" and that Littlesea is a "nice site". The weather has certainly been lovely and there is nothing better that just chilling out outside your holiday accommodation, be it tent, tourer or one of our holiday homes. Thank you also, for your constructive feedback about the crazy golf course and the swimming pool team. I will forward your comments on to the Sports and Leisure manager for her investigate further. The Entertainment team at Littlesea are thrilled to hear that you thought the "night time entertainment team were far superior" and "could actually sing!". They always love hearing that our guests have enjoyed their performances. I hope you will cosider returning to Littlesea in the future, and exploring some of our lovely coastline walks.

Email: anne.page@bourne-leisure.co.uk

Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Booked this trip online £15 per night which gets you a basic pitch. I'd seen on google maps that there was a camping area over looking the lagoon, so when we arrived I asked the camping warden if it was possible to pitch there, he was very helpful and guided us around to it. I couldn't believe the view, it was amazing to be able to wake up to such a beautiful sight. I booked 2 nights arriving Sunday, the warden told me that this part was very popular and only a few hours earlier it had been very busy.
The holiday park itself was very good, with a nice outside pool which the kids enjoyed. The resturant was adequate, thought it was quite expensive and I found a hair in my tartar sauce. On the whole the park is well run and maintained, will be returning.

3  Thank jez34140

Hi!
Thank you for sharing your "nature reserve camping" holiday experience. Littlesea is blessed to be situated in such a beautiful location - on the Jurassic Coast and next to the beautiful Fleet Lagoon. I am glad that John, one of Littlesea's "very helpful" Touring Wardens, was able to pitch you on the "camping area over looking the Lagoon" and that you thought it "amazing to be able to wake up to such a beautiful sight" - I certainly agree with you :-) It was great to read that the "kids enjoyed" the "nice outdoor pool" and that you feel the "park is well run and maintained" - I will pass your comments on to all the team at Littlesea - it will make their day! Fantastic to hear that you "will be returning" :-) I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Littlesea soon - make sure you come and say hello!!

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Just got back from there lovely place decorated lovely beautifully decked out in the sun area and good facilities. Mash and barrol food fantastic should be as quite expensive. Brilliant kids entertainment enjoyable for adults too very good however the evening entertainment not very good but overall lovely place to stat

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucy-lou C
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hi there!
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your holiday at Littlesea. Fantastic to hear that you think Littlesea is a "lovely place, decorated lovely" and with "good facilities". It sounds like you took the opportunity to chill out in my favourite area - the sun terrace at the Mash and Barrel - the perfect place to relax and soak up the sun, whilst enjoying the beautiful views :-) I also see you enjoyed the "fantastic food" in the Mash and Barrel. I hope you took the chance to try the delicious Sunday carvery ..... lovely!! I hope to welcome you back to Littlesea, a "lovely place to stay", again very soon.

Email: anne.page@bournr-leisure.co.uk

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Myself, my husband & our 2 sons stayed at Littlesea between 9th-13th June. We had a lovely time & were very impressed with the park itself & the staff whilst we were customers. However on returning home unfortunately we discovered that we had left a couple of items in the caravan (obviously our own fault!) We called as soon as we got back & were told that the caravan hadn't been cleaned yet & if we called back in the morning when the cleaning staff would be there they would be able to retrieve the items & forward the item on to us. It is now the 20th June, we have called numerous times and promised each time that someone would check with the cleaning staff & in lost property and return our call, each time we are not called back! I have today spoken to the manager who was unsure who's responsibility it was to help to retrieve these items but has promised to call back by midday tomorrow......we'll see!! If these items are not found I would like to know where they have disappeared too?? It's very disappointing as we loved the park and WERE very happy to return!!

2  Thank Clathome
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hi there!
Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience. It was great to read that you "were very impressed with the park". However, I was very saddened to read of your disappointment regarding your lost property. Littlesea does accumulate a lot of lost property each week, and, as a park we do endeavour to reunite our guests with their lost items as quickly and as easily as possible. If you would like to, please contact me direct to discuss this further. I am very pleased that you had a "lovely time" at Littlesea and I sincerely hope that you will return again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Myself, my husband and our 3 year old stayed at Littlesea last week. We had a great time and the park overall is one of the best we've visited.

We were hugely disappointed by the caravan itself, we were staying in West Acres and had upgraded to a Deluxe Plus caravan. To be honest, I have no idea how there are 4 caravan categories below the Deluxe Plus because the caravan couldn't have been any more basic. It was reasonably clean, if a little dusty on the shelves etc, but the TV didn't work, we had to call maintenance on the first night (almost missed the BGT final!) and they admitted it was a problem TV as were any that didn't have remote controls (seriously, is this 1985?!!). We kept finding the odd ant in the kitchen, not enough to warrant a complaint, but on reflection we should've spoken to reception about the poor standard. The bedroom heaters didn't work and the first couple of days we had a bit of rain and chilly winds so it would've been nice to get a bit of warmth throughout to at least dry our damp clothes and towels. The caravan was tired and dated and we were also grouped with lots of other caravans full of young families, normally not a problem but it caused the area to be loud, lots of music and kids screaming and running around until late at night - I wouldn't ask people to stop this because they're on holiday and I totally understand, but our 3 year old likes to be in bed before 8pm and caravans are by no means soundproof!

Aside from the dodgy accommodation, we were really impressed with the park. The facilities are the best I've ever experienced with a big indoor pool and a lovely outdoor pool. It was busy but never felt over-crowded when we went in. We booked our son onto the water confidence class and he loved it, the instructor was great with the kids, she kept them going with nursery rhymes and different equipment - it was a fun half hour. The arcades were fun to pass the time, same as any other arcade really. We went to the tiny tots show a couple of times, our son was enrapt with the characters and they put on a good show.

The Mash and Barrel was really nice, not nearly enough veggie choices on the menu though for my liking. Beautiful sundeck and a large indoor seating area. The Starbucks on site is fab. The shop is predictably expensive but worth getting there for 8am to get fresh rolls!

The site is situated conveniently for Weymouth, the beach nearby is great and there are loads of things to see and do nearby.

Will definitely go back to Haven Littlesea, but would definitely choose different accommodation.

1  Thank jo_bsb_fan
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hi there!
Thank you for taking the time to share your "great holiday" here at Littlesea. It was fantastic to read that you "had a great time" and that Littlesea "is one of the best" parks you have visited. I was very sad to read that you were disappointed with your accommodation and I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further. If you would like to, please don't hesitate to contact me. I am very pleased that you "were really impressed" with Littlesea and that the "facilities are the best you have ever experienced" I have passed on your compliments about the 'Water Confidence' to our Sports and Leisure Manager, who was thrilled to hear your son "loved it". The Mash and Barrel's "beautiful sundeck" is my favourite place to sit and relax - I never get tired of looking over the beautiful lagoon :-) I hope you were able to enjoy some time on Weymouth's golden sandy beach, just a short drive from Littlesea, "with loads of things to see and do", and the lovely donkeys as well :-) . Please let me know when you are returning to Littlesea, it will be great to meet you.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just got back from staying at this fab park. Went on a sun newspaper promotion, exceptional value for money. Our caravan was lovely, new, modern, fab kitchen, master suite was bi and ad an en suite. Bathroom was of exceptional size with a big shower, the caravan was in beautiful neutral tones, big, living space, flat screen tv, docking station for iPhone/ iPod that had surround sound. Caravan was spotlessly clean. Could not recommend enough. The only disappointment for us was the Showbar, music was far too loud, as was the microphones. You couldn't hear yourself think. Swimming pools looked lovely, didn't get a chance to use them unfortunately. Would defo come back to Haven Littlesea.

Room Tip: West Acres no 104
3  Thank Bettyboop1813
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello!
Thank you so much for sharing your holiday experience at "fab" Littlesea. I am so pleased you had an "excellent Break in Weymouth". Weymouth is a beautiful part of picturesque Dorset. I hope you took the opportunity to go down to Weymouth's golden sandy beach, perfect for families and couples alike, with a lot to do......even donkey rides :-) Littlesea is perfectly placed for exploring Dorset, or if you want to just kick back and relax..... perfect for that too. Especially in my favourite place - the sun terrace outside the Mash and Barrel, the views are stunning during the day and awesome in the evening at sunset :-) Thank you also for your feedback on the showbar, I have passed this on to our Complex manager. I hope when you return to Littlesea you get the chance to relax by the pool as well. I am so pleased you said you "would defo come back to Haven Littlesea" - I really look forward to seeing you again. Make sure you come and say "Hi".

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed at Littlesea many times,the holiday park is extremely clean and tidy the work force polite and helpful,our caravan was situated on Bay view a lovely area of the park,even the weather didn't disappoint it was hot and sunny all week,we will return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue C

Hi!
Thank you so much for leaving feedback on your "exceptional stay" here at Littlesea - fantastic to read :-) I will pass your compliments about the holiday park being "extremely clean"and the team here being "polite and helpful". The weather has certainly been glorious this last week - definately the weather for lounging by the outdoor pool, or soaking up the sun on the terrace of the Mash and Barrel, or just watching the sun set over the lagoon from your Bay View caravan - just perfect! Looking forward to your return, hopefully again this season.