“Great holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

What a great place this is really nice people great things to do entertainment was top and the food oh the food was soooooooooooooooooooooooo good.the whole place was clean tidy all the people were friendly and helpful I would highly recommend to anyone and I will. 10 gold stars. Can't wait to go back

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Ashley T
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hi there!
WOW - what a fantastic review! Thank you for saying "what a great place this is" with "really nice people" and the food being "soooooooooooooooooooooooo good" :-) I totally agree, the food is lovely .... I hope you got to try the Sunday carvery ..... the best I have had, and the onion rings - just yummy :-) I am really pleased to read that you "would highly recommend" Littlesea and that you "can't wait" to come back. I look forward to welcoming you back ..... soon?!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

You've got to love a holiday camp by the sea! Haven is my favourite by a million miles.

We have visited Caister the last few years and decided to try a different coastline, so we chose an all-singing, all-dancing super duper van with a sea view and 29 Ocean View would be our home for a week (I have a minor grumble about the 'sea view' though, in that there is a giant sandbank that stretches for a few miles and instead of looking out to sea, we had a breakwater in the way - the 'sea' was still visible though, so I guess that's the point).

There is a nice early check-in at Littlesea (1.00pm) which is rare, but unfortunately we couldn't make the most of it as we had travelled down from London/Essex and the journey is a hefty 3 - 4 hours.

These new caravans are just gorgeous. Flat screen TV, corner sofa, balcony, brand new fitted kitchen, even comfy-ish beds (something which wouldn't have been heard of years ago) and we were more than happy with our accomodation.

As you would expect, there is plenty to do on-site and the amenities cater for everyone. Two swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), a pub, a chippy, entertainment night and day, a Spar shop, Papa John's Pizza and what holiday camp would be complete without daily bingo!

We were amazingly lucky with the weather and had many days out (see other reviews) in the sunshine. Bridport, which is about 20 miles along the coast (and where Broadchurch was filmed), is really lovely and the coastal road you take on the way from Littlesea has some breathtaking views. There's also a little pub on the way (on the left) that does the most fabulous cream teas (#itjustwouldhavebeenrudenotto).

The park itself is about a five minute drive from Weymouth Harbour, which is home to a fabulous beach, an abundance of shops (gift tat and otherwise) and a Marina. For those who need it, there is an Asda easily accessible just down the road too.

Littlesea was, all-in-all, a lovely peaceful break.

We would definitely visit again!

Room Tip: I'm not sure I can say that the additional money you lay out for the holiday itself is worth the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank VickyC1978

H!
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent holiday at Littlesea - and such a great opening line - "Haven is my favourite by a million times" Ocean View is a lovely area of the Park, and has beautiful views over the Fleet Lagoon, with Chesil Beach behind it. I am glad that you found your accommodation "just gorgeous" and the balcony is just perfect for sitting and chilling out on a lovely evening, watching the beautiful sunsets. The weather has been wonderful recently, which makes it even better for exploring the local area, but like you said, "there is plenty to do on site" too. What better way to spend a day than lying by the outdoor pool, on the sun loungers, soaking up the sun and then finishing off the day, sitting out on the sun terrace of the Mash & Barrel ..... just perfect! :-) I am glad you thought "Littlesea was, all-in-all, a lovely peaceful break" and that you "would definately visit again!" I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

we took our touring caravan here for 2 weeks from the 21st of June.my wife daughter and myself were impressed with the overall cleanliness of the park and facilities, well done to all the cleaning staff who worked so hard to keep the toilets and showers clean.Plenty of free hot water for washing and cleaning.Mash and barrel had a good selection of food and drink and free wifi as a bonus.The staff were so friendly and helpful, and a special thanks to Paul Hartley who went above and beyond to help my daughter with her flight home from Exeter.There is a good bus service daily into Weymouth 10 mins by car. All in all a great experience, will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank drennski

Hi there!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your holiday at Littlesea. It was fantastic to hear that your wife, daughter and yourself "were impressed with the overall cleanliness of the park and facilities" and I will certainly pass on your compliments to our cleaning team and to John and Sarah, our hard working Touring Wardens. It's also great to read that you found that all "our team were so friendly and helpful" - Paul was very pleased to have been of help :-) The Littlesea bus is a great asset as it picks you up from the Holiday Park itself and takes you directly to Weymouth seafront and Weymouth' glorious sandy beach, which is definately worth visiting. I am really glad that you had "all in all a great experience" and that you "will definately" be "back again". Please come and say "Hello" :-)

Email: anne.page@bourne-leisure.co uk

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from littlesea after a six hour trip home. Had an ok time, nice site but not for our family and this time.

I love haven sites and they have been great over the last 4 years since we have had children but this one was a bit of a let down. There just wasn't a great deal to do for them (ages 2 and 4)
I think it would be unfair to rate is lower because it is a lovely site and the staff really seem to make it here, it's just a very small site with no beach. Before I booked I didn't think that there would be much of a beach but I knew Weymouth beach wasn't far (this place is great) the website says it has costal paths but we struggled to get down them, totally overgrown resulting in my two year old being stung by nettles and scratched by brambles. This isn't havens fault but it didn't make for a great morning.

We stayed in a retreat and it was nice and clean, stayed in a better retreat in another site. (decor wise) this had a cream sofa and silk cushions!!! Why would you do that! Must be mental. There was a curtain missing from the main door, which isn't great if someone wanted to sleep in the living area. (we didn't need to)
The bathroom door doesn't shut in the bedroom. (we didn't really use this, not for that reason though)
The patio doors didn't shut properly and only my husband had the strength to shut them. (didn't bother us, but it's something that people will complain about)
Parts of the door and outside deck were coming away.
This didn't affect our holiday but it will affect others , and why give people something to complain about.
The tea pot was left out for us when we got there, never had that before in haven, so that was a nice touch. :-D
We backed onto the tourers I think. It was quite noisy at night.
The above is not me complaining but just comments as I really wasn't bothered by this.

The swimming pool was great, loved the outdoor area and sun bed but unfortunately we have a 2 and 4 year old we didn't use them as they never sit still.

There were two parks as far as I could tell and they were not suitable for young children.
The one at the bottom was all metal and looked like it was for older children and the second was outside the mash and barrel and it had pole (fireman) type thing that the children could just walk off and it was quite high.

Other sites I've been to have messy mornings and more activities for smaller children. Unless I missed something here.

Staff were all great, better than any other haven. The spar! Tiny! Went in there a few times and very expensive as to be expected but it was just tiny, make it bigger! Put more junk in it and people will buy it!!!

Overall, just ok. I just can't muster any enthusiasm for this place. Maybe when the children are a few years older we may visit again. I'm not sure I can get over the fact that there is no beach and what water is there totally stinks.

Sorry littlesea, you're not for me. :-(

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Hannah B

Hi there!
Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday at Littlesea. I am sorry to hear that Littlesea wasn't for you. However, good to hear that you thought the "swimming pool was great". There is a separate activity pool at Littlesea, which means the main pools don't have to close whilst the water based activities are taking place. Fantastic to read that you thought all of our team were "great, better than any other Haven" I will certainly share that with the team, they will be thrilled :-) I hope that you will come back to Littlesea at some point in the future. Take care.

Email: anne.page@bourne-leisure.co uk

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hubby booked us a last minute getaway to Littlesea Haven, we booked a 3 bedroom Prestige caravan.
The receptionist was very professional and helpful. Handed me the keys to 49 Greenhill. Unfortunately due to some internal error, we received a 2 bedroom caravan. The overall look of this Prestige caravan was very clean and modern. However we needed 3 bedrooms, travelling with 3 young children.

We had to wait for around 40 minutes for them to sort us out a 3 bedroom caravan.Eventually we check in to number 28 Ocean View. The interior was pleasant and the view from the window of Chesil was a bonus.

The negatives about the caravan was the cleanliness, the radiator in the shower room had splash stains on it and lots of dust. A box of tampax from the previous occupants was still remaining on one of the bedrooms. The bed linen smelt like it had not been washed, this was for every bedroom. This made for an unpleasant nights sleep.

I was going to complain but I did not want to have to re-pack everything to possibly be moved again.

The T.V signal was very weak. Glad we purchased some DVDs.

The Pool was amazing, very clean, loads to do for the kids. The park was great for all ages too.
We did not eat in any of the restaurants so I can't comment, but the food looked great from what I could see.

The amusements were awesome, I'm a big kid at heart and thoroughly enjoyed playing the 2p machines and grabbers with my children.

The cleanliness of the site as a whole was very good.

My children enjoyed this mini break and would love to return.

Room Tip: Take your own bed linen, least you know it smells of your own family and not some one else's.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JaxBedfo

Hello!
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience at Littlesea. I was sorry to read that you had a few issues with your accommodation at the start of your stay. If you would like to get in touch to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to contact me. On the plus side - the view from Ocean View is indeed a "bonus"! I am really pleased to read that you found Littlesea's pool "amazing" and "very clean" with "loads to do for the kids". Like you, I am "a big kid at heart" and I also throughly enjoy playing the 2p machines and the whole holiday atmosphere in the Entertainment Complex :-) I am thrilled that your children "enloyed" the mini break and "would love to return". I hope that I can welcome you and your family back to Littlesea again very soon. Take care.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

It's been a few years since we've had time to take a short break but our last trip to Littlesea made it a sure choice when we wanted a midweek break in July 2014.

A few site changes, most notably for us in a tourer was their having squeezed in more basic pitches into areas that have previously been kick about/ play areas. These pitches are a little tight and the loss of the amenity area leaves a lot less space for sporting activities or dog walking on a site that is advertised as a child/pet friendly site.

Another notable change is the nature walks along the edge of the cliffs which would be much improved by some grounds maintenance of the narrow footpaths. We know it's always a difficult choice when trying to preserve the ecology of the local flora and fauna but pathways not so overgrown with bramble and thorns makes the appreciation of nature a bit more enjoyable and doesn't necessarily mean irreparable damage to Mother Nature.

These changes aside, we enjoyed our short stay and have already planned a return longer trip in September.

The views across the Chisel Bank cove, especially the glorious sunsets, makes this a wonderful site for short breaks or as a base for longer UK based holidays.

For tents or tourers some of the basic pitches are a little small although the electric and hard standing pitches are a lot larger.

As part of the Haven group, this site offers a whole host of amenities, mainly for children, which makes it such a pity that the campsite for tents and tourers is situated so far away from them on the edge of the holiday complex.

Overall, a very good rating would have been improved if some of the camps amenities were less centred on the static site and more done for the holiday makers on the campsite.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank buffalomm

Hi there!
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay at Littlesea. I really appreciate your constructive feedback about the touring site and also our nature walks, and I will be forwarding these on to the relevant teams. It's fantastic to read that you "have already planned return longer trip in September" - please come and say hello! The sunsets across Chesil Beach are ineed "glorious", well worth taking time out to appreciate their beauty :-) I look forward to welcoming you back to Littlesea in September :-)

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

What a gem of a place. The sunset over the lagoon is spectacular!! Lots to see and do in Weymouth itself but really no need to leave the holiday site especially for those with small children, as there is plenty to keep them entertained. The site is clean and well planned with pleasant staff who were extremely helpful.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank julie j

Hi!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about Littlesea - "a gem of a place"
The sunset of the lagoon is indeed "spectacular" and my favourite place to see it is whilst sitting on the lovely sun terrace of the Mash and Barrel ....very relaxing, the perfect place to unwind :-) There is indeed "lots to see and do in Weymouth" and the friendly, "extremely helpful" team at Littlesea are more than happy to advise on local places of interest to visit. I will pass on your compliments about our "clean and well planned site" to all of our team and especially our dedicated Grounds team who work extremely hard to keep Littlesea looking at it's best. I hope you will come back and visit us soon.