“Impressed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It was our first trip with Haven and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Pros:
caravan (deluxe plus) was very clean and well maintained
comfy bed
cot and highchair supplied (at a cost but I think the highchair was brand new!)
lovely park which seems well maintained
all cooking equipment etc in good condition
nice walks direct from the site
nice clean pools
lots to do for slightly older children

Cons (not many!):
no info about opening times etc supplied when we checked in but I did eventually find a leaflet
reception and the restaurant didn't open till 9am which we felt was a little late for us

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Littlesea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hi!
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent holiday at Littlesea. I am really happy that you "thoroughly enjoyed" your "first trip with Haven". It certainly sounds like you had a lovely time in your "very clean and well maintained" caravan. I will pass on your compliments about our "lovely park which seems well maintained" to our Grounds and Maintenance teams - it will make their day! I hope that you will come back to Littlesea again soon :-)

Email: anne.page@bourne-leisure.co.uk

Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We recently stayed at Littlesea on a £9.50 Sun holiday deal and we had a lovely time. The park itself is beautifully kept with lovely views and the amenities are excellent (this is the first park I have stayed in with warm swimming pools - inside and out). All the staff were friendly, helpful and very enthusiastic and made the experience very enjoyable. The caravan was small ( as expected) but clean and very well equipped and I felt confident in letting my 9 month old baby crawl around on the floor. The bus service to the main beach at Weymouth was excellent and very good value especially as there is no charge for children under 5 years. The entertainment was great for our toddler and the amusement area and bar were very well maintained. Overall the park exceeded my expectations and we will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Erin O

Hi there!
Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience at Littlesea. I am really pleased to hear you "had a lovely time" and that you think that Littlesea "is beautifully kept with lovely views" and that the "amenities are excellent". I will be sharing your compliments with the team, especially as they were "friendly, helpful and very enthusiastic and made the experience very enjoyable" - it will make their day :-) I am thrilled that Littlesea "exceeded" your expectations and that you "will definately be reurning in the future". I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Take care.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went here with my wife, daughter & 2 grandchildren on a sun newspaper £9.50 4day hol, good location , very clean, nice clubhouse. Caravan was basic but ok, swimming pool good for the kids, only down was you had no sun shades to sit under as it was very hot around the pool 26c but all in all not bad for what we paid.

• Stayed: July 2014

Hi there!
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your holiday at Littlesea, I am pleased you had a "nice break". Littlesea is in a "good location", ideally situated for exploring the stunning Jurassic coastline and Weymouth's beautiful beach. I hope that you will come back to Littlesea again very soon :-)

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second camping trip to Littlesea, the first time was 3 years ago. Not much had changed since our last visit, and I was glad to see Starbucks still on site, as we much preferred having breakfast there than in the Mash and Barrel.

We got an electric pitch for our tent near the entrance to the lagoon, which was really nice and private. Our pitch was only a short walk from the toilet block.

The toilet block is part of the reason I've knocked off a star, as I don't think one block is sufficient for the size of the touring park. 5 sinks isn't enough, and there were queues at times, also for the showers. It would also be nice to have some small privacy screens between the sinks. Minor negatives.

We did eat in the Mash and Barrel on a couple of occasions. This is the other reason I've knocked off a star. It's quite overpriced for what you get, and I personally struggled, as I'm doing the Slimming World eating plan, and wasn't particularly catered for. Having stayed at a few Havens, this M&B has the worst menu of any I've eaten in for those eating more healthily.

Overall, I really like Littlesea. I'd recommend having coffee from Starbucks, and eating off site for main meals if you can. It's a great location for travelling round the area, which we managed to do this week as the weather was fantastic.

We visited Weymouth, Poole, Bridport and Bournemouth on this trip, and had a great time.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kmtma

Hi!
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent holiday at Littlesea - a "great Haven site". The Touring area is located in a beautiful part of the Park, over looking the lovely Fleet Lagoon and I am really pleased you had a "really nice and private" pitch. Thank you, also, for your constructive feedback about the Touring site and the Mash and Barrel. If you would like to discuss these matters further, please don't hesitate to contact me. Littlesea is indeed in "a great location for travelling round the area" and the weather recently has been perfect for exploring :-) I hope I can welcome you back to Littlesea for your third visit very soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Ok we have never been to a Haven resort before but this was lovely. Reasonable price for a caravan and the facilities on the park were good - especially for families. Pool, pub, Starbucks all good. All fairly new and clean too.

Not the best location for walking in to town but great as a base to explore the area. Would recommend if you're on a budget!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank KayW123

Hi!
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience, especially as it was your first Haven resort and that Littlesea "was lovely" - "all fairly new and clean too!" The walk into town takes about 20 minutes, however, there is a regular Littlesea bus, that picks you up at the Holiday Park and takes you directly to Weymouth seafront and the beautiful sandy beach. Littlesea is ideally placed to explore the local area and the beautiful Jurassic coastline, which I hope you will take the chance to explore further when you return. I hope to welcome you back to Littlesea soon :-)

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

What a great place this is really nice people great things to do entertainment was top and the food oh the food was soooooooooooooooooooooooo good.the whole place was clean tidy all the people were friendly and helpful I would highly recommend to anyone and I will. 10 gold stars. Can't wait to go back

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Ashley T

Hi there!
WOW - what a fantastic review! Thank you for saying "what a great place this is" with "really nice people" and the food being "soooooooooooooooooooooooo good" :-) I totally agree, the food is lovely .... I hope you got to try the Sunday carvery ..... the best I have had, and the onion rings - just yummy :-) I am really pleased to read that you "would highly recommend" Littlesea and that you "can't wait" to come back. I look forward to welcoming you back ..... soon?!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

You've got to love a holiday camp by the sea! Haven is my favourite by a million miles.

We have visited Caister the last few years and decided to try a different coastline, so we chose an all-singing, all-dancing super duper van with a sea view and 29 Ocean View would be our home for a week (I have a minor grumble about the 'sea view' though, in that there is a giant sandbank that stretches for a few miles and instead of looking out to sea, we had a breakwater in the way - the 'sea' was still visible though, so I guess that's the point).

There is a nice early check-in at Littlesea (1.00pm) which is rare, but unfortunately we couldn't make the most of it as we had travelled down from London/Essex and the journey is a hefty 3 - 4 hours.

These new caravans are just gorgeous. Flat screen TV, corner sofa, balcony, brand new fitted kitchen, even comfy-ish beds (something which wouldn't have been heard of years ago) and we were more than happy with our accomodation.

As you would expect, there is plenty to do on-site and the amenities cater for everyone. Two swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), a pub, a chippy, entertainment night and day, a Spar shop, Papa John's Pizza and what holiday camp would be complete without daily bingo!

We were amazingly lucky with the weather and had many days out (see other reviews) in the sunshine. Bridport, which is about 20 miles along the coast (and where Broadchurch was filmed), is really lovely and the coastal road you take on the way from Littlesea has some breathtaking views. There's also a little pub on the way (on the left) that does the most fabulous cream teas (#itjustwouldhavebeenrudenotto).

The park itself is about a five minute drive from Weymouth Harbour, which is home to a fabulous beach, an abundance of shops (gift tat and otherwise) and a Marina. For those who need it, there is an Asda easily accessible just down the road too.

Littlesea was, all-in-all, a lovely peaceful break.

We would definitely visit again!

Room Tip: I'm not sure I can say that the additional money you lay out for the holiday itself is worth the...