“Nice accommodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven
Newport, United Kingdom
“Nice accommodation”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first haven break and I thought the park was ok! Our chalet was lush and very clean and spacious! We didnt use the park much as we went out and about! The weather was awful not one of the best hols but loved haven!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mary D
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Hi Mary

Thank you for choosing Weymouth Bay as your first Haven Holiday, and taking the time to write a review on our park, it was lovely to read you found your accommodation to be "lush", and cleaned to our highest standards and nice and spacious. Just a shame about the weather, but you just never know with our British weather!!, you will have to come back and stay with us again so you can experience more of the park and the great facilities we have to experience.

How lovely to read you loved Haven, and as your visit to Haven we certainly made a great impression on you and your family. We hope you will come and stay with us again very soon, and hope the weather is a little kinder to you. Form all of the team here at Weymouth Bay, thank you for coming to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to us very soon!.

Just give me a call personally if I can assist and help in anyway.

Regards

tracey.penney@bourne-leisure.co.uk

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Surrey
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Only getting round to reviewing now. Stayed at park in week leading up to Easter, throughly enjoyed our stay there. The lazy river was the highlight of the week, was not meant to open but the weather was so warm, and I believe they had issues with one of the indoor pools. I ended up on my own with 2 kids aged 5 & 2 as husband had to work and found the week away to be throughly stress free. We had a lovely caravan situated perfectly between weymouth bay and the sister park next door. I enjoyed our stay so much we are heading to a new park on the 20th June at Combe haven. My only con was the price of food....not an issue for us as I came fully stocked up on all meals. But one evening I ordered chips for the kids to nibble on and was shocked to pay £3.25! Recommend bring your own food and drink. Great park and great location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hi, I would love to take this opportunity to thank you for being so kind as to write a review on our beautiful park, it was great to read you thoroughly enjoyed your week with us, and found it to be stress free. Our lazy river as you you may have read on our reviews before is the highlight of our pool complex and we always try and open it before May so guests can get the most enjoyment out of it, the children really do love it, and for us mummies to!!!!

We are lucky at Weymouth Bay as our guests have the added benefit of using the facilities at our sister park, Seaview and vice versa, and it seems you were in a prime location to take full advantage of this. It is wonderful to read you had such a great time you have booked for another of our Haven Parks, and I do hope you will return to us again soon with the family. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if I can assist with any future reservations.

I hope you have a wonderful time at Coombe Haven, as you have done with us, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

tracey.penney@bourne-lesiure.co.uk
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I just returned home yesterday from a Sun holiday (which was all my budgetwould allow) with my two young children and I have to say, we had an excellent holiday and are now in love with Weymouth and Haven Weymouth Bay! I paid to upgrade and we ended up in a lovely 3 bed caravan right near all the facilities. Caravan was spacious and nice and clean. We did have an issue with ants (which is stated on the literature given at check in) but they came and sprayed and we didn't have any problems for the rest of the stay. We did not use the pool facilities as was only here mon-fri but used the restaurant and bar at night. Food is tasty and my children loved the evening entertainment, the only thing is that drinks are quite expensive. The caravan park is in a fab location, very clean and green and close enough to get into Weymouth. If you have little ones like i do then I recommend the Sea life adventure park, monkey world and of course Weymouth Beach front. Myself and my two children (4 and nearly 3) were very sad to leave and wish we could have stayed for a week. Well done Haven :)

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Claire W
Hi Claire

How wonderful to read you have had such an excellent holiday with us and have fallen in love with Weymouth Bay and Weymouth, I know I'm probably being biast, but it is a beautiful park and Weymouth is such a lovely area to explore.

I will pass on your kind comments about the cleanliness of your accommodaiton to our Accommodation Manager so she can let the team who cleaned your accommodation, they are very passionate about their job and receiving feedback from yourself is lovely.

We are very fortunate to be in a great location, in a wonderful area close to both Weymouth Beach and town but also a short 10 minute stroll to Bowleaze Cove Beach, the Sealife centre is a great hit with everyone and we ahve the added bonus for guests selling the tickets at £11.25 per person, with the Sealife Tower included,

Bless you not wanting to leave, you certainly did have a wonderful holiday experience with us, and loved our park, you know where we are!! don;t stay away too long, whether you book through our great Sun promotions or direct with us, just give me a call if there is anything at all I can assist you with, even if you have any questions, I would love to hear from you.

From all of our team, THANK YOU for you fantastic review, don't stay away too long !!!!.

Kindest Regards

01305 832271 - tracey.penney@bourne-lesiure.co.uk
Bedfordshire
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Writing this review on way home from our stay at Haven Weymouth Bay, after a lovely few days visiting Dorset & family.
We booked through The Sun paper holiday deal in a standard but privately owned caravan.
As soon as we opened the door, it was evident that a dog had recently stayed there; it smelt strongly of dog & there were dog hairs & other debris on the kitchen floor so it obviously had not been swept or mopped. On closer inspection, there were also hairs on the sofa. Very disapointing, considering the sign in the kitchen discouraging smoking as the owners child has asthma, yet dog hairs covering the furniture for those who may have an allergy???? Anyway as we are caravan break regulars, we travel with a box of cleaning products, so instead of wasting time complaining, we gave the floor a good going over so we knew it was clean,& bought a plug in & Febreze for the smell. Not the best start to our holiday. We also had trouble locking the caravan door, but the maintenance team were out within half an hour to replace the barrel in the lock :-)
Cannot comment on the entertainment or facilities as we didnt use them, but the park was lovely; very clean and well maintained. There is a bus stop outside the park that will take you into Weymouth (no.4), but if the weather is fine and you feel energetic then walk we did and enjoyed it. Would also recommend a lovely pub within walking distance of the park (if you leave from the back of the holiday park where the church is) called the Springhead, & the chippy Straceys.
Overall, a lovely break and I would recommend & return, but on hindsight would take the time to complain about the cleanliness/smell straight away if it happened again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Francis0508
Hello Francis

Thank you for writing a review on the way home, bless you, I was so very sorry to hear that you had arrived to your caravan not to find the cleanliness to our normal high standards, your accommodation is one of the most important aspects of your holiday and I can appreciate your disappointment. I do wish that you had popped into see me or given me a call as I would of come to see you in your caravan and dealt with the issues immediately for you.

I am gald that upon reporting the lock on the door our mainteance attended very quickly and sorted this for you, we are very good at responding and assisting in anyway we can.

I will certainly ensure your kind comments about our park and the grounds being clean and well maintained are shared with our grounds team, the park is beautiful and our team are very passionate about keeping it looking lovely.

Our park is situated in a great location, and as you know taking advantage of the bus stop just outside it is within easy reach to the beach and town witha regular bus every 20 minutes through the week, and you can leave the car back on park. I was so pleased to read that despite a little disappointment at the start you had an enjoyable stay, and would recommend us and return to us again.

If you would like to contact me, I would love to speak with you, and look after your next booking personally, I really do hope you will stay with us again, so please get in touch

Assuring you of my best attention

01305 832271 - tracey.penney@bourne_lesiure.co.uk
Aberdare, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just got back today after a week at this park, stayed in a caravan in the Glades section which was perfect for us and the two dogs, van was a bit small and some of the basic kitchen equipment was missing, i.e, can opener, bottle opener, sweeping brush, but apart from being very small for a two bedroom van, it was very nice, although to fully open the wardrobe we had to lift the mattress off the bed and it was such a tight squeeze the wife tripped over and banged her eye on the wardrobe causing quite a swelling, something that could be looked into..improving space in the tiny bedroom. However our van was in a great great location close to a lovely path leading onto open fields with a great view of and leading to the beach. Park was very clean with good facilities and a slight problem we had with our van was sorted within a short time. Yes the bar prices were steep, £3.75 a pint is rather much but the food was very good and was not I feel over priced for a holiday park. Facilities were spot on and even though one of the outdoor pools seems to be permanently closed and only used for anyone willing to pay to walk in one of those inflatable ball things, the other pool was a fair size, with the lazy river being the main attraction, it can and indeed it did get very busy on the weekend with, unfortunately the ever increasing ignorant people who think it okay to barge past and kick out with no thought for others, no fault of the park I might add. Entertainment was good, as we did not have any children with us we tended to only go into the club for the evening entertainment, provided by two very good "bluecoat" singers and two equally good girl dancers, very good "outside" acts on certain nights and one group called "Relentless" were simply superb. All in all, apart from some little gripes about fittings etc, it was a very enjoyable week at Weymouth Bay and yes,I think I would like to re visit in the future.One thing I would really urge Haven to do is simply follow other parks and provide the basic welcome pack on arrival at the van, i.e, sachet of washing up liquid, sponge, tea coffee etc and very importantly a basic inventory of what should be in the van as on the questionaire provided it asked, "Was the equipment provided all in order on arrival" well without an inventory it is impossible to answer, as I stated on the form before handing it in to reception. Simple things but things I feel could make a stay better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David E
Hi David

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your holiday experience with us at Weymouth Bay, firstly I was so sorry to hear your wife had hurt her eye and I do hope she ahs recovered, please send our best wishes to her. I do apologise you had some items of inventory missing, we are always happy to replenish any items, so I do hope you made us aware.

Glades really is a lovely area to the park, especially as you had your dogs with you as you have easy access to the beach and the lovely walks over the fields for the dogs to enjoy. I will most certainly pass on your comments to our Entertainments Manager and his team, they will be overjoyed to hear you found the entertainment superb!, our fun stars are fab and put on excellent shows for all generations.

Our outside pools are open from May and we do open our lazy river from March subject to the weather so guests can take advantage, as it really is a big hit with everyone. Our pools are avilable for everyone to enjoy, we do hold water activites as you have mentioned (Walter Walkerz), these activites are on at scheduled times, normally after 5.30 so not to dter guests enjoyment of the pool.

I am so glad you had an enjoyable week with us, and would consider coming back to stay with us again, we would love to have you stay with us again, and I would love to assist and take a personal interest in your booking when your ready to book.

I would like to say a big thank you again from all of the team for your enthusatic review and kind comments, and I do hope to see you back at Weymouth Bay very soon!!! Please do call if I can assist with anything,

Regards
tracey.penney@bourne-lesiure.co.uk
aylesbury bucks
Reviewed 9 June 2014

had 2 caravans for our whole family, caravans were very nice, even en suite in master bedrooms. The prices of drinks in bar are extortianate, 4 adults and 4 kids drinks came to £26, Childrens entertainment was superb, which is more than can be said for the adult entertainment. swimming pool was very good. It is a lovely park but, I think they could put some of their prices down.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mick44k
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi Mick

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback about our park, how wonderful to read you found our park lovely, and the childrens entertainment to be superb, I am sorry you felt the adult entertainment wasn't to your liking, I have passed on your comments to our Entertainments Manager who is ensuring that future guests find the entertainment better than you and you family have described it. This is not a complaint that I have previously received this year, as many of our guests write to tell me that the entertainments team have made their holiday, but we do of course take your comments on board and strive to exceed our guests’ expectations.

I do hope this will not deter you from staying with us again, and I would be more than happy to assist in any future booking you may make, so don't hesitate to give me a call on 01305 832271.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Even after reviewing on our last visit that the in camp prices were a tad excessive for food we returned and had another fantastic week. The staff again were brilliant, entertainment and facilities were faultless, drinks in the bars were fine even considering we were a captive audience. The previous food reviews may have worked as we had lunch one day in the clubhouse and were happily surprised at the improved and plentiful portions received to keep your energy up on this get up n go site. Fantastic, we'll be returning for a third visit as still loads to see and do

• Stayed June 2014
Hi David

Another fantastic week, what a great comment, thank you so much for a great review, I'm so glad you came back to us and we exceeded your expecations!! and you had another fantastic week with us, and hope you make a third time and come back again.

All of our team are proud to work at Weymouth Bay and are really really passionate about what they do, and I am pleased you found us to be "brilliant" and our facilities fautless, I am glad you enjoyed your meal in the restuarant, the menu this year is just fab,

We can;t wait to welcome you back for your third visit, just give me a call if I can help with your next years booking on 01305 832271 or email tracey.penney@bourne-leisure.co.uk

I look forward to seeing you again soon, and again a BIG THANK YOU for your great review

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
#3 of 5 in Charmouth
B+B Weymouth
B+B Weymouth
#29 of 163 in Weymouth

Been to Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!