“Fantastic family holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I was initially quite dubious about booking a caravan, following experiencing many vans with 'shiny' sofas and musty smells with my family as a child. That said, I have been completely stunned and the accommodation, entertainment and complex have exceeded my expectations. Caravanning has changed since I was a child! I now have two little ones (4 and 2) of my own. Admittedly, it's not school holidays and we spent a little extra and booked a 3 bed 'prestige', but it has all the home comforts and was extremely clean.

The kids have loved the nightly entertainment (and we've loved the cheesiness of it too). The beach isn't far away, and a lovely walk opening up to a pretty pebble beach with a cafe and fun park/fairground for little ones.

I heard someone moan about the cleanliness of the pool today. All I can say is that they must not go swimming at their local baths..I saw them cleaning and mopping the facilities regularly, and checking the water, but despite being asked to keep footwear off pool side, some people ignore this. It is however, much much cleaner than your average local council pool - despite being more heavily used. The lazy river is brilliant, loved it. The indoor pool is nice and warm. The only downside is that the outdoor pool hasn't been open while we've been here. That said, there's a little place to sit in the lazy river.

The food and bar aren't cheap and pretty much everything is charged for - so if you're staying on camp, think about the activities package.

The bar overlooks a play park so you can relax over a tipple while watching your little ones make friends and play.

There is also another play park on the field which has been great. We hired a family cart for £6 for 30 (very tiring) minutes - lots if hills.

We stayed at the far end of the site (Cheltenham), but were pleased with the quiet and the space between caravans compared to other vans.

The reception staff were fantastic and so welcoming and helpful and very positive. The entertainment staff, were fab - I don't know how they manage to keep so happy and smiley and full of energy all day, but they do and are a credit to Haven. In fact all the staff have been.

I know it's tempting to read all the negative reviews but despite my trepidation, we (both adults and kids) have honestly had a fantastic holiday, and have been very comfortable all week. Sad to go home tomorrow.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Gayle C
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hi Gayle

It was a an absolute pleasure to read your review, thank you for your kind comments and honest feedback, this is the second time I am trying to write to you, when I first read your review when you had kindly did it whilst you were here, I answered striaght away, but then did the daft thing and didn't hit save.

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity for choosing Weymouth Bay as your holiday destination your review made me smile when I read the first sentence, as it brought back childhood memories for me. I too enjoyed many caravan holidays as a child, and remember the musty smells, and shiny sofa's, some of the best memories have with my parents.

All of the team here really are passionate and really want to provide all of our guests with the best holiday experience we can, and it was the greatest pleasure to read that we completely stunned (in the loveliest way) and had exceeded your expectations, this makes us very proud.

Everyone loves a bit of cheese!!, I've always loved the entertainment, and still love a good party song here and there, and have to confesss to having the party cd in the car, but this of course is only for my son (haha) I would like to thank you for generous comments about our pool complex, Lyndon and his team work hard to maintain the cleanliness to the highest standards. I apologise that you did not have the use of the outside pool, we have had a mainteance issue with the boiler, this has now be rectfied and the temperature is rising.

Cheltenham is a beautiful area of the park, very quite and spacious, and is a firm favourite with all of our guests and is highly requested.

I was so pleased to read our reception team were fantastic, welcoming, helpful and positive, I feel like a proud mummy, as the team leader for the girls, I am extremly pleased that they have made you feel welcome and your first impressions of them were great. We are happy and smile becuase we really do love what we do, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing our guests have a fantastic holiday and having fun, this is why we do what we do, with true passion, thank you for saying that our Weymouth Bay tea, are a credit to Haven, it is a pleasure always.

It pleasure having you with us, and a pleasure meeting you, I do hope you will come back and stay with us again, just give me a call if you would like to return and I will personally look after your booking. Kindest regards Gayle and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

01305 832271
tracey.penney@bourne-lesiure.co.uk

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week. As never stayed at a park like this before I was not expecting too much, however was very impressed by both the park and the staff. Our caravan ran out of gas one evening, but this was soon rectified, Unfortunately our boiler did pack up the same evening but once again the staff arranged for boiler to be fixed first thing the next morning. Great for kids.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi Paul

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review, it was absolutely fanatstic to read that we exceeded your expectations, and you were impressed by our park and our team, nothing gives more pelasure in knowing we have made a difference and given our guests the best holiday experience we can.

We ahve a passion for our park and our guests, we love to provide refreshinlgy enthusiastic service, and I was pleased we were able to do this for you when your boiler became poorly, we always endeavour to give speedy service so not to deter you from the enjoyment of your holiday.

Its great that yourseves and the kids had a fantastic time and I hope you will return for your second visit with us again very soon, don't stay away to long.

If I can help in anyway, please contcat me on tracey.penney@bourne-leisure.co.uk or call me on 01305 832271.

Once again, thank you Paul and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have just come back from weymouth bay holiday park and I must say I could not,fault it in anyway. We are 3 adults with NO children and was a bit spectacle about going to this park as it is very popular with families
We had booked a deluxe caravan, we checked in at 3pm (by the way I got a call from haven the Monday before we went asked if we needed any more information before we went which was nice)
We were given a map and shown the way to our caravan by a pleasant young girl, when we got there it was right next to a children's playground which was a no no so we went back to reception and straight away they apologised and changed the caravan for,us.
Caravan was nice and clean we had a 3 bedroom one with plenty of room sheets etc were clean . The pool was nice and warm with showers and changing room, a small outside pool and a small lazy river, the outside area of the pool had sun beds which was a nice touch
The restaurant was nice and big plenty of seats(might be a bit awkward in high season though)
Prices were average for that kind of place, also had a pizza takeaway there which was a bit expensive but they done delivery to,your caravan. Club house was ok, we played bingo at 6pm every night books were £8 for 6 plus a flyer prize money was good between £35-£85 a line for 4 houses the a full house £160 and the flyer £145 there is a spar shop on site
The area around the park is nice a 10 min walk through a field takes you down to a pebble beach
there is a small fun fair and a cafe weymouth it's self is 10 min car ride parking can be found by the railway station (easy to get to) £6 to park in the ordinary car park all day but if you park after 10 am in the station car park it's £3 all day and it's nearer the beach
In all lovely camp could be overcrowded in full season though as the sister camp next door sea view can use their facilities and visa versa
Any question you would like to ask please contact me

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank picklesupminster

Hi there Picklesupminster, wow, what a lovely review you have given our park, thank you so much for taking the time to do this, it really does mean alot to us when our guests do so.

To read that you found our park faultless is music to our ears, all our team strive to give our guests the best experience we possible can, we really Dare to Care and Do The Right Thing for everyone. It was lovely to read you thought our courtesy call made to you before you arrived was nice, I thinks lovely to call everyone and this way we can answer any quesitons or queries and endeavour to assist with any special requests (sunject to availability) our guests may have.

I'm glad we were able to move you to a more suitable location on the park, and you found your caravan to be lovely and clean of which is nothing more than you would exepect from our high standards here at Weymouth Bay.

It sounds like you really did have fun and an great stay, and glad you took advantage of the facilities and enjoyed a game of bingo, we are in a great location aren't we, the path to Bowleaze Cove is a great , just a short stroll to the local beach, and they really do have one of the nicest fish and chips,

I really do hope you will come and stay with us again for another great Weymouth Bay holiday, I'm always at the end of the phone, so if I can help with your booking at all please call me personally so I can assist you in anyway.

Once again a BIG THANKYOU for taking the time to write such a great review, and we hope to see you again very soon!!

01305 832271 or tracey.penney@bourne-lesiure.co.uk

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in one of their cottages as they describe them for £1100 disgusting, dirty my daughter had bites all over her when she slept in the bed! Complained to the patronising manager Tracy who was unhelpful to day the least! We were transferred to a 2 bedroomed caravan which was still dirty from the previous tenant and it was confirmed it hadn't been cleaned! Disgusting from haven when we have a son with disabilities who had to sleep on a sofa for the remaining holiday.... Staff rude in the bar, chatting my daughter up and because she didn't take them on they started to make fun of her passport and continually asked her hot ID ... Grow up boys! Entertainer appalling still on for kids at 10 at night one word to sum it up CRAP never again! Wrote to head office and provided photos of the urine stained mattresses etc.... Soon gave me half of my money back , please contact me if you want to see any of photos ... On my old phone so can't upload them at moment ..book a private van if you really want to go to chaville!

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Nursequeen
Weymouth B, Front Office Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

MayI take this opportunity to sincerely apologise you did not have the holiday expereince with us you should expect, Our aim is to provide services and products, which will enable the maximum number of holidaymakers to enjoy a family holiday in a secure and appealing environment and I very much regret that your expectations were not fulfilled on this occasion.

I would like to sincerely apologise that you did not find the cleaning in your accommodation to meet up to our usually high standards, we are always here to help and assit in anyway possible, and I do apologise if you felt this was not so.

I hope that you accept my assurance that we work hard to provide a high level of service. I am confident that on any future holiday with Haven that you will find our reputation for high standards of quality well deserved.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

now if like me, you are starting off cautiously booking a caravan holiday and wondering what to expect, I can only advise you that having returned from a one week break at this resort has restored my faith in the good old British caravan holidays. The ones I remembered from my youth were not quite the same, or perhaps caravans just got better!

The caravans are privately owned, so first of all be courteous and remember that. A family are letting out their home on trust so treat it like you would your own. The resort facilities were clean and pleasant. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and actually looked like they cared and were happy in their jobs, which is always important to me at least!

The pool was fabulous, warm to enter and strictly supervised at all times. The bar food was delicious and well prepared and quickly delivered and the prices are very reasonable. No one could do enough to help or be ultra friendly. They actually get it ... you are on holiday and they want to make your stay fabulous. As checked out, I spoke with Tracy the Guest Liaison Manager with a small comment I thought she should be aware of and she was so helpful.

I will be going back to this site, not just because it was god value for money, but because everyone cared and Weymouth itself is a beautiful piece of unspoiled England. I will remember this holiday for the quality. Lots to do in the local area for anyone of any age and we had a child of under one in our party who never stopped smiling! Good job Haven.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Hello,

Well, what a wonderful review, this really did make me smile, I genuinely do get excited about our guests reviews, and when I read yours I couldn't wait to share it with everyone. I was so pleased that we were able to restore your faith in the good old British Holidays, and what better place to have it restored but in Sunny Weymouth and the Best Holiday Park in Weymouth!!

I did smile, when I read your comment about the caravans getting better, I can remember when I was nine, (along long time ago now!) and I stayed at our sister park Seaview, I can remember having to pull out the bed from the wall, and no toliet in the caravan, now I ma showing my age, yes our caravans are beautiful and have defiantely now got all the mod cons.

We have many many fantastic caravans on our park, and we have many private owners on our park, and have many that let with us, it was very lovely of you to acknowledge this, and your comments were lovely, thank you.

We genuinely do love our guests and treat everyone as family, we really cannot do enough for you, we are here for our guests, mnay of our team have worked with Haven previously or holidayed with our families as a child, so we genuinely know how important family holdiays are. We want to create a welcome, warm and inviting atmoshere so like yourself will take special memories home with you for years to come.

I am always here and if there is anything I can do for a guest I will always endeavour to do my very very best, I am glad you came to speak with me, and as a mum, a child who grew up with Haven and now have the pleasure to work in such a great position, I want to help in, I do get it, and was really pleased you come to speak to me x

I can't wait to welcome you back, and you know where I am so please give me a call so I can look after you,

I would like to say a huge thank you to you from all of our team for taking the time to write such a fanastic review, to read that you will remember us for the quality is just amazing!!! THANK YOU

Just get in touch when you want to come back.

See you soon, Tracey

tracey.penney@bourne-leisure.co.uk (01305 832271)

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here twice now and both visits were fantastic. Have booked to revisit this august too. The site is always clean and well maintained. The entertainment is excellent always something on during the day to occupy all kids ranging from age 1-9. We have stayed in a standard plus caravan and a deluxe and both were spotlessly clean and well equipped no issues with any. There's so much to do on site and off site. On site is everything you need as in launderette, shop, cash points etc. lovely atmosphere we just love it here and can't wait for this years visit. You won't be disappointed. Off site you have weymouths sandy beach short drive away, sea life centre which is excellent aswell as lots of other things to do. A 7 night stay isn't enough go for 10 xx

Stayed: August 2013
Thank bish bash bosh ... c

Hey!! Bish, Bash, Bosh ( love that!)

Second visit with us, and fantastic again, amazing!! and then to read you booked to come and stay with us in August is just amazing, please give me a call with our holiday reference so I can assit with any special requests such as location etc, if you have preference I will endeavour to allocate you your special request.

I have great pleasure in answering our guests reviews, all of them, and nothing excites me more when I read a review like yours, where our guests have had such an amazing time, and really priase the parks cleanliness and that our high standards have shone through, this is great feedback for all the team, and they really do love to read and hear about it.

Working at Weymouth Bay for us is an absolute pleasure, we are all really passionate about the role we do, our park and most importantly giving our guests the best holiday experience we can, to create memories for years to come.

The atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly, and we pride ourselves on being one the friendlest parks, as from your experience you know we will do anything to give our guests a rememorable stay, that they want to come back again, and again.

I can't wait to welcome you personally so please get in touch, I look forward to meeting you all in August, once again a sincere thank you from all of our team, see you in a few weeks! x

Regards

01305 832271 - tracey.penney@bourne-lesiure.co.uk

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first haven break and I thought the park was ok! Our chalet was lush and very clean and spacious! We didnt use the park much as we went out and about! The weather was awful not one of the best hols but loved haven!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Mary D

Hi Mary

Thank you for choosing Weymouth Bay as your first Haven Holiday, and taking the time to write a review on our park, it was lovely to read you found your accommodation to be "lush", and cleaned to our highest standards and nice and spacious. Just a shame about the weather, but you just never know with our British weather!!, you will have to come back and stay with us again so you can experience more of the park and the great facilities we have to experience.

How lovely to read you loved Haven, and as your visit to Haven we certainly made a great impression on you and your family. We hope you will come and stay with us again very soon, and hope the weather is a little kinder to you. Form all of the team here at Weymouth Bay, thank you for coming to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to us very soon!.

Just give me a call personally if I can assist and help in anyway.

Regards

01305 832271
tracey.penney@bourne-leisure.co.uk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
#16 of 22 in Weymouth
Hotel Collingwood
Hotel Collingwood
#8 of 66 in Bournemouth

Been to Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!