“Year after year!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven
Rugeley
“Year after year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were back again in July for our 8th consecutive visit, this time with relatives from abroad. We only added our overseas visitors to the guest list at the last minute, but this wasn't a problem at all. This took our total to 8 people, but even this was in no way detrimental to our comfort and enjoyment of our beautiful allocated Prestige caravan which, incidentally, was in the area we requested as has been usual for the last few years without a problem. My nieces from abroad (16 and 13) had the time of their lives and loved everything, from the pool and Lazy River to the entertainment and Papa John's. They are already dying to come next year, which they will be because, as usual, we've already booked for next year while we were there this time! Thanks again Weymouth Bay!

Room Tip: East Lawn/West Lawn are great locations. And we always book for next year while we are there, knocki...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
tracey_penney, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hi Glen!

Absolutely amazing! 8TH Visit, this is just fantastic, you thanked us!! , we would all like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to you and your family for coming back to us again year after year being such valued and loyal guests to our beautiful park Weymouth Bay. It was lovely to read that you and brought your family from over seas to enjoy the Weymouth Bay experience and I can see they all had a great holiday, for me as a mum, there's nothing more important than spending time with the family and creating memories that you can talk about for years to some. With something for every generation , Weymouth Bay is the best place to be.

Let's hope you make it a ninth visit, I would love to look after your booking, so please when your ready to book just give me a call or email me, our passion for our park grows day by day, and all of our team are so dedicated in what we do, so when we read reviews such as yours it really does make us proud that our guests are having such a great time they come back again and again!

Don't stay away to long, and from all of the Weymouth Bay Team, thank you to you and all fo your family for staying with us, and thank you fro such a great review, we can't wait to welcome you back

See you soon!!!

Tracey Penney
Guest Relations Manager
tracey.penney@bourne-lesiure.co.uk
01305 832271

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a family weekend away from 15-18th August. The reception staff were lovely and friendly and check in was very quick although we couldn't actually get into the caravan until 3.30pm due to cleaning.
Location on East Lawn was a perfect 5 minutes from the main complex which is located opposite the entrance/exit.
We had 2 meals and breakfast in the onsite restaurant which were all very nice. Prices of food and drinks are a little pricey but to be expected. Entertainment was ok. The arcade isn't bad and the pool looked very nice and clean although we didn't get a chance to use it. We did however visit the onsite Spar which was well stocked with all the basics but we had to wait 30mins one morning just for them to make a breakfast roll.
However, the crazy golf is a joke consisting of a few coloured bricks and pile of stones! Also, signposting to Bowleaze cove and to the sister site 'Seaview' especially was poor. The bar ran out of pear cider one evening much to our disappointment.
The caravan was immaculate but we felt it lacked storage, sockets and mirrors. A set of matching tables and chairs outside with more than 2 seats would have been nice.

Overall, the park was nice but missing the little extras that haven have on their other parks such as a decent crazy golf and a little more atmosphere.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Caravan was a basic bronze version but the standard was better than a gold at Coombe haven by miles. The staff were friendly and the environment was perfect for all age groups. Spectacular views as you enter the park too. The entertainment was 5 star...we laughed every night and they really picked up the whole family during our bitter sweet stay with them. Going back next year!! Really hope to see mikey again!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

When we arrived staff were friendly but as we don't drive the walk to the caravan with cases was quite a distance! The entertainment was brilliant and the food and drink was great value. If you are in the ascot end beware the church bells which ring every 15 mins and on Sunday and Monday they practise ringing the bells for the majority of the day. Being in the ascot end there is a coop shop just on the main round which was less of a walk than to the park shop and much cheaper and two chip shops but the one next to the spice pub was the better one!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Dawn M
Havant, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here in May 2014. As the Guest manager has failed to respond to my emails and a phone message I asked for a callback. I wasn't able to make my complaint till July due to my husband being involved in a accident, but I thought at leat Haven would have acknowledge my complaint.

We booked our holiday throught the sun Holidays Deal and upgraded to luxury plus. This was far from what we got!!!

As we paid for the holiday cheaper, we didn't expect 5 star service or accommodation but i wouldn't wish anyone the experience we had that weekend. We stayed in caravan Sandown 21.

When approaching the caravan we noticed there was duck tape on the outside of the door where a door surround use to be!! We thought nothing really of it, thats what you get for booking through the sun. We had paid to have linen and bed made up on arrival. This was not done and when entering the caravan I certainly wouldn’t class it as a luxury plus. There was nothing modern and wow about it. I would say it was more like a standard caravan with 2 cushions for decoration. I spoke to reception re beds not being made and the class of caravan. I was assured it was a luxury plus and that they can send someone out to make up beds or have a refund. I opted for a refund as we where there now and might as well do it ourselves. When trying to make the beds. We just couldn’t get the duvets in the covers. The covers where just too small, there is about a foot too short. We phoned reception again and they advised maybe wrong size so they would bring out some more. When they brought these they still didn’t fit and the gentlemen was puzzled by this and said this was the first time any problems (After looking on trip advisor this isn’t). So in the end due to the bedding not being big enough for both my husband and I to sleep in bed. He slept on the sofa and me in the bedroom.

On day 2, we woke up a puddle in the kitchen by the door. We had heavy rain during the night and dur to the problems with the door, water had come in. We just cleared this up and wanted to go out and enjoy the day. We realised that also all the caravans around us had dogs in residences. We were unable to let the children play outside due to the being barked at by the dogs nearby which were tied up to the nearby caravans and due some dog mess. When getting the kids ready for bed time, we went to give them a showers and all the water squirted out of the hose. We reported this to out of hours, who advised maintenance had finished for the day but they would see what they could do. An hour later 9.30ish, someone came out to advise unfortunately no showers parts free. The gentlemen from security who was also a health and safety officer, said maintenance can fix tomorrow. We mentioned about the door and the leak and he informed us it was just the duck tape keeping the glass panel in the door frame and due to the rim messing this let the water in. He advised the caravan shouldn’t have been allocated to anyone due to health and safety, especially to a family with 2 young children. If they leaned on glass too much it could fall out. He did offer to see if there was another caravan we could move too, but by this time it was 10pm and my 2 girls where way beyond bed time. He took the broke door surround which was in the utility cupboard and said he would get someone to fix shower and door tomorrow. We thought great.

The next day just before midday, a maintenance man came out to fix shower and said the shower hose was broken due to guests now using the shower properly. I thought this was exceedingly rude to be blaming the guests for this!!. I asked what was happening about the door and he said parts are on order won’t be fixed for a few days. We was going to contact reception but didn’t want to waste our last day changing caravans when we would be leaving first thing.

When packing to go home on the Monday, we was gobsmacked to see that new linen had been dropped off for new guests. After the caravan being reported by health and safety re the door, as unsafe to stay in, people where still be allocated the caravan. This was just terrible especially as was told it would be a few days before door would be fixed.

When i went to check out, I mentioned about why new guests were being put in there when it was unsafe and receptionist advised me they weren’t aware of any problems. This was the last straw for me and I just broke down. The guest manager did come out to see me, but i had the children in the car and couldn't dicuss all the issues there and then, as appraently she wasn't told of the problems we had experienced. She gave me her card to email her. I have sent 2 now and have had no response and I have called and was told by reception Tracey would call me back. This never happened. We are booked to go to Haven in poole next year, certainly considering to cancel.

We regularly use the sun for holidays and we have just returned from a stay at Lower Hyde Park resorts on IOW and we opted to have upgrade to luxury plus there and for 2 years on a row we had been given a modern superior caravan, with 2 bedrooms, large tv, all mod cons, veranda and safe area for children to play. The caravan was exactly what we expected and more. The caravans Haven are providing, are basic and more like a hostel place to live compared to this.

I would not stay here again as caravans are not safe or worth the money you pay for!!.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Wendy S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great place as a base for a holiday to explore surrounding read and attractions. Nice and clean park. Grounds are well kept. Great for kids, pool lovely although could have some shallower bits in the big pools for the young kids to be able to touch the floor. The rapids a fun too but can get a little congested. Evening entertainment is good and the Arcade isn't too bad either, kids just love those 2p machines and all the little prizes they can get. Can get a bit expensive with those claw prize machine if you've got kids that insist they want that teddy toy LOL!!! Staff always happy and always happy to help. Quick service - our shower piping broke and the repairman was there within a hour after reporting it to main reception :) Only thing missing was it would have been nice if they had a little spa there for the adults to enjoy for a treat.

Room Tip: Anywhere is good as it's only a short walk to the main block where ever you are in the park.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Curleypussycat
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here in July with wife and two children. On arrival we was upgraded from a delux caravan to a Prestige. The Prestige van was spotless clean and had modern decor throughout. The park had all the facilities you expect from Haven and the grounds and communal areas were well looked after. All the staff were friendly and the Funstars were fantastic. The pool area was good (kids loved the lazy river) and the beach is only a short walk from the site. Only ate breakfast onsite but found this to be very good. The park is in a great position to visit Dorset and the many attractions on offer. Would stay here again and having been to a number of Havens this was probably my favorite.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve78StHelens
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven
Higher Moor Farm
Higher Moor Farm
#1 of 22 in Weymouth

Been to Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!