The couple are very nice but I have to say but Nigel can be sometimes too much in your face. He seem to be the type of person who loves to hear his voice. Rooms are sufficient and clean. Unfortunately we have a lot of problems with the service.
EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO IN THE B&B, IT FEELS AS IF IT NEEDS TO SUIT THEIR OWN CONVENIENCE.
1. As soon as we arrived, we were asked already to move our car to suit the delivery man. Not really a good first impression as I thought we were the one they should try and please and not the delivery man.
2. Breakfast were only served a short period of time. An hour as I can remember! Only from 8am to 9am! No more no less! it was really early. So if you would like to go on holiday to relax and do what you want.. wake up whenever you want.. this wont be possible in this hotel unless you want to buy your own breakfast. I was shocked with this as this is again of course to suit their own schedule!
3. You have to order breakfast the day before. Well if you are the type of person who wouldnt know what you want to have the next day til you wake up its a bit of an inconvenience.
4. Nigel likes to chat with his guests. There is no problem with this as my spouse and I have travelled around the world and encountered different types of people.. But sometimes we wish he would leave us alone esp when we have our breakfast.
5. My husband was asked to move his car whilst in the middle of having breakfast
6. Everywhere you see signs that you need to do this etc etc... We booked the room with the shared bathroom and everywhere in the toilet you see signs on what you should be doing. Im generally a clean person but I felt like I was staying for free at a friends house.. that I have to look after their house so much so they dont need to clean it!
7. Nigel makes comments when we are eating about what my husband likes to eat..
Its not really appropriate to make a comment that my husband has a liking to a certain type of cereals. I thought it was unnecessary and made my husband feel guilty having two small boxes of cereals! (he didnt order any english breakfast)
I think Nigel will need to be able to differentiate talking to his customers compared to when he chats with his mates. Althrough out our stay it felt like we have to please them instead of the other way around. Unfortunately as much the rooms were clean I wouldnt go back to this B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 Star Silver award accredited by Enjoy England. FREE ON-SITE PARKING. Lacey's B&B is situated in an excellent spot close to the beach, harbour, railway station and town centre. For those who wish to come by car, we have plenty of on-site parking so you can enjoy Weymouth without using your car. We offer very well equipped rooms (4 en-suite) all with Tea & Coffee making facilities, colour TV/DVD (all with catch-up channels), Clock Radio, Hairdryer and 5 double mains sockets. Rooms are centrally heated with FREE WiFi and hard-wired Internet. A new bathroom has been installed on our top floor which is only shared by 2 standard rooms (a maximum of 3 people). This can become a family suite. Restrictions: No children under 5. No single sex groups. No pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Lacey's Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lacey`s Guest House Hotel Weymouth
- Lacey's Bed & Breakfast Weymouth, Dorset