“June 2014”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Waterside Holiday Park & Spa
Bristol, United Kingdom
“June 2014”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here in June and had a lovely time. The indoor pool was the children's favourite which had a couple of slides and was very quite . The outdoor pool is quite small but in a great sun trap .
The sports bar and restaurant were very clean, lots of TVs showing different sports .The evening entertainment complex is just outside the park and much better standard than other places we have visited. The park is located in a great location right in Bowleaze Cove which is at the far end of weymouth beach . A bus stops at reception every 20 mins throughout the day going into Weymouth , if you do drive in head towards the pavilion as there are always spaces and near to beach. So good we are returning in August for another long weekend only because we don't have enough holiday to stay all week.

Room Tip: Always lots going on in Weymouth. lots of pubs and Restaurants around harbour ,perfect for a summer...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Highworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I only spent two nights at Waterside, after joining my family near the end of their stay, but was very impressed. The site is very well laid out, with the entertainment area away from the sited caravans. The quality of the entertainment was good and the kids all love Boomer the Bear, Chloe and Josh. All of the Waterside staff are well versed in customer care and all areas, including the bar and restaurant, seemed to have the right amount of staff on duty. Although I didn't use it myself, the gym was well equipped and the swimming pools, both inside and out are clean and well patrolled.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wiltshirewall
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked a henley gold just days before we left and I was not sure whether a holiday park would be our thing. First impressions were good - clean park and brand new accommodation. As we explored further we remained happy with our choice. We found the leisure complex was a real hit with our teenagers and we used it daily. The reception/leisure staff were all fantastic. Our only minor gripe was the quality of entertainment was a bit hit and miss - the Take That tribute were brilliant though.The location made our holiday, it was so easy to pop into Weymouth,but we loved the location of Waterside.

Room Tip: Green park seemed the best area to us - quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank julie t
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 7 nights, week commencing 19th July.

In arrival we were very impressed with the 'hotel like' reception area and we had no waiting around.

We were in a brand new Henley caravan in the Green area and it was brilliant. The green area has a 5 star feel about it, with ample parking, good layout and mainly new caravans. The caravan itself was also great, brand new and it was either cleaned to an extremely high standard or we were the first to use it. It pretty much looked exactly the same as the brochure pictures. The only down side to a new caravan is the new smell, which was quite strong but that was mainly due to the heat.

We booked the Henley because it was new and had central heating but we were in a heat wave so didn't need that in the end and would have preferred some aircon as it wasn't pleasant when returning from a day out to eat/shower etc. Plenty of Windows to open though so didn't take too long to cool down when there was a breeze.

The bedding was fresh but the pillows themselves weren't the best as they were made of a rubbery outer which was obviously for hygiene reasons (for dribblers) and in overnight temperatures in the 20's they weren't the most comfortable thing to sleep on, especially when the pillow case would slip down and you'd find your face stuck to the rubbery pillow.

The staff at the park were very helpful and the common areas were very clean. The food in the sports bar was to a good standard and the toilets were clean and looked very new. The club is just over the road and Boomer, Joshy Woshy and Chloe Woey were good entertainment for the children (aged 5 and 6) from 7pm to 9:45pm in the evening, although it's a bit repetitive for adults so we swerved it a few nights.

The beach is only 5 minutes walk away and a very pleasant place to grab a bag of chips and a drink.

My main grumble is with the wifi. We live in a world where we all use the Internet most days, even just to read the news etc, but the wifi on the site it poor. Great signal but no speed behind it. Well why not just use your phone, I hear you say, well that's the bigger problem as there is no gprs (or very little) on the site. You get full signal to make calls but not to use the Internet and it literally drops out the minute you turn into the park, so we were convinced it was being blocked, maybe by the park intentionally or just by the wifi or other strong signals across the park.

We will be back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sinbad1973
Reading
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing !!!! the caravan was a brand new rio gold in the green part of site really quiet and peaceful. Parking for two cars right next to it. The sports bar is the best place to have a beer while the kids play in the soft play area. The burgers are the best I have tried. The pools are so clean used them everyday and the sauna is perfect. The outdoor pool is really hot. We will defiantly be back again

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Fenwick12
London
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

First of all, we really enjoyed this holiday as an experience. The park itself was excellent and the facilities were great. So what went wrong? Two words. The mattress. As I settled down for the first night on my caravan bed, I was greeted by the sounds 'boooinnng', 'twang', 'ping'. Every time I moved from one side to the other, I expected to see clowns walking by. Worse still, it was the type of waterproof mattress designed for a two year old child that's still wetting itself. Don't get me wrong – I would have wet myself in a form of dirty protest, but that would have only made it more uncomfortable. Anyway, for years I had hidden a dark secret from my wife. 1983. Houari Boumediene Airport, Algiers. A young man is walking through when he hears the words, 'Hey, you English, hashish'. Before he knows it, he's pulled out of line and taken to a dank side room, where he's intimately searched for 2 hours by four men (all wearing aviator Ray-Bans and sporting Tom Selleck moustaches). Fast forward to a prison cell, shared with 24 other inmates, fighting for the 8 sticky mattresses that are strewn across the filthy prison floor. He hands the burly local prison butch the last of his money in exchange for one night on a mattress. As he lays down, feeling his bones hit the floor beneath him while the broken springs poke into his soft flesh, he cries himself quietly to sleep...

... Cut to Weymouth 2014, when yells of "Mummy call the embassy. Get daddy to send money!" wake my sleeping wife. My wife said she didn't mention anything until the third night when, once again, my impassioned cries were loud enough to wake the occupants of the adjacent caravan. This time I had been yelling out "No Raoul, I'm not liking that. We only ever cuddle for warmth." Needless to say, I had a lot of explaining to do.

Don't get me wrong, the staff couldn't have been more pleasant during our stay, and even when I raised the issue of the bed, they tried to do something about it. But it appears housekeeping don't keep spares. Meaning your holiday could well be reliant on the type of mattress you end up with. Ironically, I actually managed to swap mattresses in Algiers when I bribed a prison guard with 7,000 dinar to bring me a better one. Which is more than the staff at Waterside managed to achieve.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank ElljayT
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Me and the family, 5 of us, stayed in the Atlanta caravan. This is one the best caravans on site and we were all pleasantly surprised to see how great the caravan was. The furniture was nice and there was a lot more space than the normal caravan. The Xbox 360 also surprised us as we thought it would be a Xbox not an Xbox 360. The TVs in each room were nice as we could all watch different things without disturbing each other. The site was good and the pools inside and outside we're very good as well as the fun flume. The site in general was excellent but we only had a few minor complaints. Xbox controller was not charged up, wifi speed was quite poor and could only be used by one device and caravan could get quite hot but other than that a great experience and would definitely return again

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joe H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
Riviera Hotel
Higher Moor Farm
Higher Moor Farm
#1 of 22 in Weymouth
Highlands End Holiday Park

Been to Waterside Holiday Park & Spa? Share your experiences!