“In the dark!”

Ranked #114 of 165 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Newport, United Kingdom
“In the dark!”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I was part of a group of 18 friends who were booked into this hotel for a "Turkey & Tinsel" Friday-Monday break. The hotel is very well placed, overlooking the sea and a short walk from the main shoppping area. We were given a warm welcome, free tea and coffee on arrival and our cases were taken to our rooms by the staff. Our room, on the third floor, which can only be accessed by either several flights of stairs or by the tiny lift (two persons) which, unfortunately, only went to the second floor, so two more flights of stairs to finally reach our room. We were pleasantly surprised by it's spaciousness, ( though, for our friends opposite, it was a very different story, their room was barely larger than a broom cupboard!) We had a double and single bed and a tiny ensuite (no bath, shower only) Strangely, there was not even a shelf or a hook in the bathroom, so your toiletries have to be stored elsewhere. Ample supplies of tea/coffee etc provided and the bedding and towels were very nice.Overall, well presented. Mealtimes weren't well organised, our table seemed always to be the last served, and the food itself was merely ok. The first day we were there, at about 5pm, our overhead lights went out, and as the evening meal was served at 6pm, there were a lot of us trying to shower and get ready in the dark. The same thing happened the next evening, same time, and then again on the morning of our departure. However, as a bonus twist to this tale of woe, this time it was the sockets that failed, so no hairdryers, kettles or hot water or SHOWER. Unacceptable. No telephones in the rooms so, unless you were prepared to make the long trek down to reception,ring the bell for attention and wait for a member of staff to appear, you had to just get on with it.
Entertainment was provided, I will say no more about that but at least the bar stayed open until the last drinker left, so no gripes on that aspect.
The staff and the manager,Lorraine, would very nice,nothing was too much trouble and despite all the gremlins, we did, on the whole, enjoy our stay. Would I stay there again? Unlikely.

Room Tip: We were in Room 305, very spacious and had a lovely sea view....however, the beds were very uncomfor...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have been to many weekend deals at the Richmoor Hotel and always found it to be a relaxing place with lots of entertainment. I came and went as I pleased and joined in the activities as it suited me. Every time I come I make new friends and revisit old places that I like. I have found the hotel to be comfortable and clean and the staff very helpful. I have seen special requests catered for and people made to feel that they really matter. I recommend this hotel to all my friends and will come again as many times as I can. I love it. The food is great too. I have never seen anyone work as hard as Lorraine, making sure everyone is happy..

Room Tip: I have been many times and there are all different combinations of rooms - ask for what you need. I...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed here for a weekend with a Groupon voucher, £99 for 2 nights and a meal in the hotel restaurant. We had requested a room with a sea view, and after initially being shown to a different room, we were quickly shown to the room we wanted. The staff were friendly and helpful, offering advice on what to see and do in the area. The restaurant was fantastic and is open to non-guests. We ate there both evenings and received delicious food and good service. Breakfast was faultless and you could have as much freshly cooked breakfast as you wanted! Overall a lovely weekend away.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Groupon offered a two-night stay for £99 at The Richmoor Hotel - how could we refuse? The owner, Loraine, was friendly and helpful and so were the rest of the staff we met. Our room was on the top floor overlooking the water and was well presented. We laughed each time we walked from window to door as our floor, in the wonderful old building, was slanted. We had a few minor problems that were quickly adressed as soon as we brought them to the attention of the owner. We had a great time in Weymouth and surrounding area. I would reccomend the hotel to people who wanted personable, friendly service and good value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
poole
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Friendly staff, great rooms, great value for money. I was there for a solo visit, and this place suited me fine. Was able to park up near to the hotel. Considering the age of the building, I found that it was nice and quiet when I it was time to get to bed. Would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially for those who love to be by the sea!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My stay at this hotel was only for one night but I was provided great service through the evening and the following morning. A lovely sea front location with great staff. The bed was comfortable and the room was decent! Breakfast was perfect and out to us quickly, what more could you expect.. Would defiantly return and recommend!

• Stayed September 2012
Poole, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Great for large groups of people, we have stayed on a number of occasions. The hotel has always been clean and tidy. The staff will answer any questions you may have and are really helpful. Couldn't get enough of the breakfast.... Highly recommended at a very great price :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends