Decided to relive my childhood and introduce my husband to Weymouth.I haven't been back since I was 11, so I was praying nothing had changed. As we never stayed in guest houses when we were young, this was going to be a new experience for me. I left it quite late to book (a week before) and booked through booking.com - i used the recommendation from trip advisor.
Easy train from London to Weymouth and a 10 min walk from the train station. Bedford house is situated just in front of the old harbour up by the Pavilion - the perfect spot.
We were greeted by Graham and Reinia on arrival and they are such lovely people. They welcome us into their home and it did feel like a home. We were shown to our room on the first floor - room 2. It was light and airy and beautifully decorated. We had a double bed, large chest of drawers, a mini fridge, tea & coffee facilities, 2 armchairs, plus an ensuite with a shower and mini products. They apologised for the view from the room, as it backed onto the a house, but as we explained we were there for the sea side, not for the view from the room.
We decided to have a shower and go for a walk. The bathroom is small, but we knew about this, but the shower was hot and welcoming - what more do you need. You have your own key to come and go as you please, so there is no clock watching like the old days.
The bed was extremely comfy and even though it was a hot night, the room stayed cool as you could have the window open and not hear any noise. There are plenty of blankets if you do get cold and the linen is of a great quality - great nights sleep was had.
Breakfast in the morning was served between 8:15 - 9:00 and was made to order. There was fresh fruit, juice and cereals which you could help yourself to and also a full english on offer - bacon, sausage, egg, beans, mushroom & hash brown. you could also have things on toast if you wanted to as well. Nothing was too much trouble, extra tea & coffee if you wanted it or a spot more toast.
This is a wonderful place and would give any 5 star a run for its money. Its spotlessly clean, its safe, the staff and owners are amazing and the food its traditional, hearty and excellent quality.
Just before we left we had a look at room 3, which has a large bay window and its a bigger room and I think we will try for that one next time. Hubby and I agree this is our new secret spot and we will be regular visitors here from now on.
Thank you for the perfect weekend and for being the perfect hosts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please do not take the rankings too seriously, please judge us on the comments our customers leave, thank you. Situated on the historic Georgian seafront of Weymouth, just across the road from the beautiful, soft sandy beach with the historic 17th century harbour to the rear. Ideally situated for the visitor to explore all the many attractions Weymouth has to offer, as well as the rest of the spectacular World Heritage Jurassic coastline.The Bedford offers comfortable and relaxed surroundings in which to enjoy your break. We have eight en-suite guest rooms over three floors with central heating, tea and coffee facilities, TV and Wi-Fi, complementary toiletries, towels provided. Complimentary bottle of water, biscuit and chocolate on arrival. You have you own keys and unlimited access to your room. Our aim is to make The Bedford your Home from Home. Breakfast :Freshly cooked full English breakfast is served in our basement dining room with separate dining tables. Breakfast is cooked to order and served from 8.15Am to 9am at high season and from 8.30Am to 9am at other times. •Orange juice •Choice of cereals •Grapefruit segments •Sausages, bacon, hash brown, fried egg, baked beans and tinned tomatoes •Tea or coffee •Toast Please let us know in advance if you prefer a vegitarian breakfast. Parking Permits:We are allocated a limited amount of free parking permits for the "F Zone" which are given on a first come first served basis. These must be returned to us on departure. Car parking in The Pavilion Car Park about 3 minutes walk away - £8 for 24hours parking. Mobility:Built in the 1800's The Bedford is a listed building with rooms over three floors. We have no lift and no ground floor rooms, and there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. Special room rates may be available, please contact us direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Bedford Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bedford House Hotel Weymouth
- The Bedford Guest House Weymouth, Dorset