“Ideal location, perfect hosts.”
Review of Old Harbour View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Old Harbour View
Ranked #49 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We spent a wonderful weekend at the Old Harbour View - Peter & Anna were welcoming and friendly.
The facilities were great - clean, tidy, comfortable and all in good order.
The breakfasts were good and all prepared fresh - even down to Peter's strawberry jam and other preserves.
The cakes were a lovely touch (Anna's Dorset apple cake was the best I've had).
The parking arrangements worked without a hitch.

Thoroughly enjoyed our time - hope to return soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PinkyP67

Reviewed 21 September 2013

A true gem on the water's edge overlooking the harbour - the room and location are just perfect. However, what really differentiates this B&B is that Peter & Anna go the extra mile when it comes to service and the extras that will make this a lasting memory. The breakfasts and cakes are to die for, and just perfect for us walkers, whether to set us up for the day (breakfast anytime to suit), or the cakes to rivive you later in the day. Exceptionally helpful with recommendations of where to eat or drink to suit your preferences. After 2 days we felt like part of the family, but alas we had to walk onwards, and doubt we will meet such welcoming hosts again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SWCP_Walker630
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Many thanks to Peter and Anna who take pride in creating a fabulous place to stay in Weymouth. Ideally situated in the harbour area, and handy for lovely pubs and restaurants. The welcome was second to none - nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are bright and fresh as is the decor of the whole house. The bed was huge and really comfortable - best I have slept in for a long time. Lovely sitting room with bay window overlooking the harbour. Breakfast was a feast for the eyes as well as the tummy! My only disappointment was that we only booked for one night, but we will be back... everything was spot on.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol5LL
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My Wife and I were going to Weymouth for a short break. The "Old Harbour View" was recommended to us by our Daughter-in-Law as the only place to stay in Weymouth. All I can say is that the lady is one good judge of accommodation. It is truly magnificent. Peter insisted on meeting us at the train Station. The train was delayed by over TWO Hours, but when we walked out, yes, Peter was still standing there waiting. His breakfast was out of this world. Indeed, it was so far out I had to ask him to reduce it by half on the second morning. Peter and the lovely Anna, are a smashing couple. In fact it was more like being with old friends than in a Bed & Breakfast. A return trip there is a must, before I depart this world. X to Anna.

Sheila & Michael Kearney. Kildare, Ireland.

Room Tip: Double room on front, but it dose not really matter. They are of equal quality .
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank camlddke7
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Anna & Peter are a fantastically welcoming, down to earth and helpful couple. This B&B is six star in my eyes. The cakes Anna makes daily and the breakfasts that Peter puts on, you would think that they are both culinary trained. The most welcoming people I have ever met and I truly felt like I had a home from home, to the extent, that we are already looking at next year's calendar to do a booking. The cleanest and most comfortable accommodation overlooking the harbour. The views were stunning and you could not ask for a better location in Weymouth. I would hand on heart warmly and comfortably highly recommend this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: The front room overlooking the harbour would be highly recommended
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clarelveldon
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have stayed in many hotels as also B & B's during my life time and I can honestly say that
'Old Harbour View' met my expectations and was the right choice of what I perceived it to be.
The delightful owners of Peter and Anna were so welcoming and could not have been more helpful.
Being part of an 'Angling Competition' it meant an early start and breakfast at 6.00 a.m was no trouble at all with the 'poached eggs on toast with bacon' being a good selection.

I read 'Trip Advisor' before booking this place to stay and I was not at all disappointed. The room was clean, owners friendly and not invasive of privacy. Being out on the sea each day one looks forward to a shower, watching the television and an early night.

Anna's baking is legend and how wonderful to sample this delight. Their wonderful dog I fell in love with and wanted to bring home...I dont think the owners would have appreciated this as also my Golden Retriever called Maisie who greeted me home with much tail wagging!!!

Very Highly Recommended and I will be booking again for next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed at Old Harbour View with my girlfriend recently and I have to say it was without a doubt the very best example of a guest house/b & b I have had the pleasure of staying in.

Peter and Anna made us feel right at home with their warm and attentive service, with Anna serving up the most delicious lemon drizzle cake and Peter recommending places we should visit.

Our bedroom had a fantastic view of the harbour (the weather was perfect) and it was clean and tastefully decorated.

Speaking of taste, Peter cooks a magnificent full English breakfast and his boiled egg and soldiers are superb!

I would definitely stay there again should I return to Weymouth. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013