“Excellent B and B”

Friar Barn Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Friar Barn Guesthouse
Ranked #123 of 163 Weymouth B&B and Inns
uk
“Excellent B and B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here, with our dog, for a local wedding.Our bedroom was very comfortable and well equipped, with facilities for making lovely cafetiere coffee; no nasty little sachets! The bathroom was spotless,with a lovely large shower as well as a bath.
Breakfast was really delicious.A very good choice of fruit, and outstanding sausages and bacon, beautifully cooked,followed by a choice of lovely home made preserves with our toast.
Best of all, Jackie was exceptionally welcoming and kind.She booked us a taxi home from the wedding reception,and gave us a lift back to the venue the next day.When we came in on the evening of the wedding, she came to greet us and check everything was fine, even though she had friends to dinner.And when we subsequently needed to bother her again for a bowl in which we could give our dog some water, she could not have been kinder.
I think her friends were lucky: Jackie is an excellent cook and hostess! We were very lucky also to find her.And the price was exceptionally good value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were supposed to be camping but due to weather conditions (and not a great tent), we had to look for alternative accommodation in the last minute. Everything was fully booked. We ended up having dinner at the Riverside Inn, where a very nice waitress put us in contact with Jackie, who very kindly let us stay giving her only a few hours' notice even if she was not planning on getting any guests that weekend. The house was lovely, all very clean and we had a room with a double bed connected to another one with two bunk-beds (it was three of us) for a very reasonable price. She asked us the night before what we would like to have for breakfast and what time. Breakfast was lovely, we even had freshly baked mini pastries!! I would definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CinOxford
Todmorden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

On arrival at Friar Barn you will be welcomed by Jackie and Bob Faulkener into a beautifully situated house. Surrounded by the best of the West Dorset countryside, Friar Barn is house with pleasing proportions and magnificent, leafy views from the bedrooms. The cooked breakfasts appear to be extremely tasty although I myself am a croissant/toast and coffee person at heart. On my next visit - and there will definitely be a next visit! - I shall be sure to try the juicy sausages and bacon and eggs cooked to perfection. Jackie is a warm and friendly hostess, ready to offer any assistance with information on the local area and transport around Dorset. I do not drive and being a little off the beaten track where public transport is concerned, Jackie and Bob proved to be very helpful in advising me on bus routes and times. They contributed in no small part to the success of my stay and I look forward to my next visit. The cost is extremely reasonable, an important factor when you are a singleton, and children are made very welcome. And if you love wildlife, you will have the perfect spot to go exploring. A resident of London, I was so thrilled to hear an owl hoot outside my window on most nights! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo