“Welcoming”

and 1 more site!
The Cornubia Guest House
Ranked #1 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My daughters had planned this trip to Weymouth for my Birthday, I had taken them as children, 8 years running to Weymouth, and it has remained a favourite of ours. Imagine my delight, when I realised they had booked a B&B in Lennox Street, where we had stayed many 'moons ago', the B&B in this instance The Cornubia.....what a little gem, Alan & Linda the proprietors were most welcoming and we felt we'd known them for much longer. The rooms, really lovely, roomy, comfortable and everything one might require to make one's stay perfect, particularly in the Bathroom, we had never seen such an array of toiletries etc., Breakfast was also excellent, you name it, it was available....we all agreed we'd had a really pleasant stay at The Cornubia, thanks to hosts Alan & Linda, we will, without a doubt be going back there and definitely recommend it to friends and relatives.

Room Tip: My daughter had a double room No.1 and it was very large, with a lovely bay window with chairs in it...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TESSY68

Reviewed 19 May 2014

DiR, Bicester
I booked Conurbia through hotels,com and after wading through countless reviews on TripAdvisor it was a choice between two establishents. I am SO glad I chose Conurbia and what a find it is! I had bedroom 1 which was wonderful,and spacious and and had the kind of facilities and extras that you would normally associate with a 4 or 5 star hotel. The bathroom was lovely and absolutely spotless, The breakfasts were the best I have ever tasted anywhere (with the added bonus that they had veggie sausages as an option!). However, what makes this guest house stand head and shoulders above the rest are the hosts, Alan and Linda. I could not be made to feel more welcome or valued as a guest from the moment I walked through the door to the moment I very (reluctantly) left. They could not fo enough for me, whether it was looking up bus timetables, reccomending restaurants to eat or suggesting places to visit. They always always genuinely interested in what I had been doing the previous day or what I thought of a place they had recommended. They are lovely, warm and friendly people and they definitely made my stay. They obviously enjoy what they do and I cannot recommend tjhem jhighly enough

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
cornubiaoxford, Owner at The Cornubia Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you Diane for your time to write a lovely review and for your very kind words.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and it was very nice to read that you enjoyed your day trips in and around Weymouth.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

What a lovely place to stay. Its hard to add anything to what others have already said. The bedrooms are modern and comfortable and the two I used have plenty of drawer and wardrobe space, as well as mirrors in the right place (which is rather more than some hotels manage). The bathroom is lovely and has lots of requisites: it has clearly been thoughtfully put together. Breakfast had a nice selection of fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, apples, bananas, etc) as well as the usual cereals, full English and toast and was very tasty. Alan and Linda are very welcoming and were very accommodating to my arriving at 10.30 at night off a ferry. Parking is not outside the house but in one of the local streets with a parking permit provided by the guest house. As has been said, Alan accompanies you to help you to find a space. On my second stay there, when arriving late off the ferry, he had gone one better and saved a space for me with his own car. Thank you Alan! They also have good wi-fi access. I stayed in both Rooms 1 and 2. In room 1, I was with my husband and the room was lovely for a couple. Room 2 was more compact and might be a bit cramped if you were traveling with a lot of luggage.

Room Tip: Room 1 was lovely for a couple. Room 2 was more compact and might be a bit cramped if you were trave...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
cornubiaoxford, Owner at The Cornubia Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you Patricia for your time to write a lovely review and for your very kind words.
It was very nice to meet you both and we are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Weymouth.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

With so many places to stay at in Weymouth, I am glad I found Cornubia on Trip Advisor.

My friend and I had Room 4 which having two separate beds and separate bathrooms is ideal for travelling friends.

The room, facilities, breakfast, location and of course the hosts were superb. Alan and Linda are warm, friendly, genuine people and there is no doubt that many guests return for them alone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
cornubiaoxford, Owner at The Cornubia Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you Alison for your time to write a lovely review and for your very kind words.
It was lovely to meet you both and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us in Weymouth.
Hope that you had a good journey and many thanks again.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Linda and Alan are very friendly and accommodating hosts.

I have stayed at Cornubia Guest House twice now and my stay has been fantastic on both occasions.
The guest house is superb, modern conveniences and very clean.
If you are staying in Weymouth I would highly recommend you stay here !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
cornubiaoxford, Owner at The Cornubia Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you Jason for your time to write a lovely review,
It was nice to see you again and we hope that you had a good journey home.
Many thanks again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had a 2 night stay in this lovely guest house. Alan and Linda were very welcoming and friendly throughout our stay. Our room was very clean and well presented. Breakfast was very good with a good selection. We would definitely recommend people to stay there and we would stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
cornubiaoxford, Owner at The Cornubia Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you both for time to write a lovely review and for your kind words.
It was nice to meet you both and good to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Weymouth.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

...spotless, nice contemporary room, powerful shower, amazingly helpful and jolly hosts, great breakfast, very competitive pricing.

Note: you get complimentary parking via a permit and Alan will take you round the side streets to find a good spot...I mean how thorough is that?!

Brilliant...if more B&Bs were like this, hotels would be in trouble.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt_Henry
cornubiaoxford, Owner at The Cornubia Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you very much Matt for your time to write a lovely review and for your very kind words.
It was nice to meet you both and we are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Weymouth.
Many thanks again.