Shalims Balti House Indian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Shalims Balti House Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 285 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Shalims Balti House is a national and regional award winning Indian restaurant. Come in and enjoy the best in Indian dining Weymouth has to offer. The mouth watering food and warm comfortable surroundings all add to the experience that you'll find hard to beat when it comes to Indian food in the area. For the best food,service and comfort dine at Shalims Balti House.
South Coast UK
“Fab!”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I love it.... what more can I say? The food is great.

• Visited September 2011

“Seabass curry to die for”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I'm a local weymouthian and a curry lover. We have got e few Indians in Weymouth most pretty average but the Balti house stands head and shoulders above the others. The decor is good and clean. The service allways top notch. Very spacious with some private booth seating. The restaurant always seems to be busy, which always a good sign, we have been dinning at the Balti house now for many years and do make the occasional visit to some of the other Indians but always come back to the Balti becuase the consistency is always there. On arrival we are usually greeted by the young owner who is always smartly presented as well as his staff and is friendly and chatty and a bonus is his English is impeccable, for some reason still quiet rare in Indian restaurants. Most of all the menu and food is the main reason of coming back. The menu has a good mix of traditional favourites aswell as some different ones. At the moment my absolute favourite is the seabass and coconut curry, simply divine. I recomend it highly. This restaurant is definately worth a visit.

1 Thank Lady-may75
Aalborg, Denmark
“Not as good as expected, but worth a visit”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I dont whether The Balti House has just been hyped up when friends have described it but it wasnt quite what I was expecting. The main waiter we had wasn't exactly overflowing with friendliness and was quite gruff to another waited when he was clearing our table.

However, the food was excellent and there is an extensive menu, the decor is nice and I've always heard good things about The Balti House, worth a visit.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank dorsetgirl
Portland near Weymouth, Dorset
“Not child friendly and had a hair in my Bhuna. Standards Slipping!”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Sunday afternoon, my wife and I (with our 9-month child) decided to meet some friends (a couple with two children under 4) for afternoon lunch at The Balti House Tandoori in Weymouth. On arrival we were shunted to a large round table at the back of the almost empty restaurant. As soon as we sat down an waited for the our friends to arrive we were given menus by very casual looking staff - we have previously been without children on evenings and always noticed the very smart staff. Our friends arrived and decided to sit near the fish tanks for the children's entertainment - this caused concern for the waiters as they begrudgingly shifted some tables together. We ordered from the set Lunch Menu which included a plain rice and dish - nothing fancy as we are in a recession. Communication with the staff serving was very awkward, they really do need to improve their English. Service was fairly prompt - we had a poppadom each with usual dips - children were getting fairly bored though.
Once the main dishes arrived two portions of rice were missing, so we had to wait a further 10 minutes whilst others were eating. As I was eating my curry I noticed an 8" long hair in my curry...I'm not the kind of person to make a big scene so I took it out and continued hoping the others didn't notice. My wife who has dark hair was sitting opposite me, there was no way this could have been hers.
Our child had a little accident so my wife proceeded with her to the ladies, she couldn't change the baby on the ice cold floor in there so used the carpet just outside. One off the waiters told her off and was most rude - the staff here were not playful, they just looked really depressed.
I overheard the other family sitting in the restaurant, they were trying to communicate to the waiter because he took away their own child spoon as they cleared the tables - they never found it in the kitchen, and presented a plastic fork.
We were so shocked with the poor service after having weekly take-outs from The Balti House, the service and food was always good. We shall be dinning elsewhere for the time being.

3 Thank commalex
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Tasty indian”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Back doing the Weymouth to Cornwall run again and tried the Balti House next to the Bus garage in Weymouth.
Excellent service, clean and the food was very good.
I would certainly recommend this curry house and the prices were very reasonable.

1 Thank Jeepys