“mixed feelings”

Ranked #140 of 165 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“mixed feelings”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I stayed here for two nights in June with my five year old daughter.

While the staff we friendly enough I found that I did not see much of them.

The rooms were clean but very basic. No Hairdryer, not enough plug sockets, no sugar for the coffee. The bed was a standard double which, even though I was sharing it with my daughter, was far too small. If I had been there with my partner, it would have made for a bad nights sleep. Also I found the towels had a bit of a musty smell.

Breakfast was not served until 9am which I found extremely inconvenient. We were due to leave at 730am on our last day to catch a train and although I was kindly allowed to get my daughter a bowl of cereal before we left, I was not offered any apologies or discount to the cost even though I was paying for bed&BREAKFAST.

Whilst I would not discourage people from staying here, I would strongly recommend that families may want to consider somewhere else. Especially if they have young children who rise early in the morning. 9am was just too late for us.

For the amount it cost and compared to other properties of the same price range, I do not think I received value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JENNIFERLELACHEUR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
bristol
Reviewed 9 June 2012

After staying for two nights at this B & B my thoughts are very mixed, the room was clean and tidy, but missing what I would think of as essentials, there was no lamp, no hair dryer and the plug was six foot away from a mirror, I had to tune the TV in before watching, and the towels were large hand towels and a little grey, but the shower was wonderful hot and powerful, the bed was comfy but the pillows were wafer thin.

We only seen the gentlemen of the house when we checked in and when we checked out, besides that the only other person (staff) we saw was the breakfast waitress, who though very pleasant seemed very rushed, breakfast was of a good standard if you wanted a full English, but the gentlemen at the next table asked for a boiled egg and was told if it had not been ordered the day before he could not have it as it would take to long!!!!!! oh and poached egg was not available either!!!!! was not what i would call relaxing as like i said it was very rushed and dining room very cramped.

We were provided with a parking permit for the weekend for a deposit of £20 which was returned to us on leaving which was a bonus but it would of been nice to have at least met Maud and even been shown to our room, a little more hospitality would of been good.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We have just returned from an Easter break at the Premier Hotel.
This is a great place to stay. Room very clean, shower was wonderful after a hard day of shopping and beach combing.
We were lucky enough to have a room with a sea view and balcony, which was lovely.
The breakfast was a great start to the day, with cereals, juices, full English, toast, tea and coffee.Service was attentive without being obtrusive.
We would definately book to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6 with the Balcony and sea view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2011

very nice room, with balcony overlooking the sea.
very good breakfast. hosts very good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pilgrims1960
Barry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2011

just got back from here and i must say this hotel has restored my faith in weymouth guest houses after a very bad experince 2 years ago.
it was clean and tidy with wonderful views accross the bay,althopugh the en-suite was on the small side it was very very clean with nice fluffy towles and liquid soap supplied.the room had 2 very large windows that went from floor to ceiling and overlooked the sea,they could be opened to allow access to the balcony which was furbished with 2 chairs,unfortunately it rained both evenings we were there but i got to sit out this morning for a short time in the sunshine.a 15/17 fs tv with freeview,coffee/tea making were all supplied in a more than good sized room which was very nicley decorated in nutral colours.
breakfast was well cooked with a choice of cerals and fruit juice on the help yourself table.
last but not least the owners,we never saw the lady of the house but her husband who saw us in and did the breakfasts seemed a nice enough,laid back kind of guy,there when needed but not in your face as some small hoteiiers can be.
all in all a very good break away for the price paid.

Room Tip: room 4 or the one next to it for the balcony
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business