Fosters Guest House
Ranked #2 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in May and apologies for the late review. To emphasise, this is a Guest House NOT a Hotel. Jon and Dawn are excellent hosts and really look after their accommodation and guests. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, comfortable beds, good tv reception, excellent wifi signal (which is free) and clean. What more could you want! Jon and Dawn were even kind enough to leave a card for my wife's birthday and it's that kind of personal touch that makes a difference these days. Jon and Dawn take great pride in their guests' experience and their breakfast is lovely. My kids (Sophie & Oliver) loved staying there. We will be back at some point. PS the previous review comparing it to 5 star hotel is harsh...I suggest parenting classes too as you clearly are unorganised!

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We booked a double room using laterooms.com. Booking made same day we were staying so very late. Was were charged more because we came with a 24 month old baby although nothing was provided for the baby, no cotbed, no highchair, didnt even have full fat milk to make his cereals. We only booked because of the good reviews. We will definitely not go there again as we didnt feel very welcomed.

14  Thank eacp
FostersGuestHouse, Owner at Fosters Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I am very disappointed to read your account of your stay.

Firstly you had contacted us via email under a different name asking about our accommodation and whether we accepted babies, we replied that we do not have any cots, high chairs, etc. As you would need to provide your own travel cot, we quoted a price that was a nominal £3 higher than our advertised Laterooms price, to cover any breakfast for your baby. We never received any further correspondence.

We then received a booking via Laterooms, with special requests for a larger bed to accommodate 3 people, yourselves and your 2 year old son. Our Laterooms site is set up so as not to allow you to book a child into any of our rooms. I contacted you as soon as possible explaining we would not usually accommodate a 2 year old child in the same bed, you would need to book a family room, which unfortunately we did not have a suitable room available. You then said your wife had spoken to us previously to confirm this would be OK, so we then tied the 2 requests together. A two year old child is not really a baby. I gave you the chance to cancel the reservation and again explained we do not have any facilities i.e. highchairs, cots etc. But you wanted to keep the reservation, so I explained that we would need to charge a small supplement of £3 to cover extra food, which you agreed.

You arrived that day, later than our latest 10 pm check in time. During check in you asked for an early breakfast at 8 am which we were happy to accommodate. However, you knocked on our door just after 7 am requesting milk for your son so you could feed him in your room, again we accommodated this request. You all then came down for breakfast at 8 am.

As you were leaving and paying the EXTRA £3 you commented that you were disappointed with the lack of facilities compared to the 5 star hotels you usually stayed in.

So again I am very disappointed to read your account of your stay, particularly your 1 star sleep quality rating when you chose to have 3 people in a double bed.

Dawn and Jon

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We visited this guest house as a mid-week one night stay when my nearby parents house was too full to hold all of us.
Dawn and Jon made us very welcome and accommodated us in a large room with a double plus a big sofa-bed so the children could share with us.
The room and bathroom were spotless, the breakfast was generous and tasty (& Dawn had no problem with my gluten-free diet). As we have family in hte town I will probably not need to stay again but have no hesitation recommending this B&B and if I do need somewhere local again would be certain to go back.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just returned from the Fosters and were not disappointed. Jon and Dawn were very welcoming, friendly and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable with good knowledge of the area and even provided printouts of guided walks for us. Our room was large enough to accommodate a sofa and two chairs. It was very clean and fresh with comfy bed and even a DVD player was provided. Breakfast was excellent and plenty of it with endless amounts of tea/coffee and toast. Fosters is an ideal location to stay as it is situated 60metres from the main road that runs along the seafront but there is very little noise at night. A parking permit is provided as the area is zoned parking.
We will not hesitate to recommend Fosters to anyone looking for great value, a friendly welcome and excellent service. Well done Dawn and Jon. We will be back. G + S

Room Tip: not necessary
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I just came back from a weekend in Weymouth and a stay at Fosters and I have nothing but good things to say about the guesthouse and its owners.

Fosters is located in a quiet street about 5 minutes from the train station and only a minute or two from the seafront.
The check-in is normally from 4 in the afternoon, but when they heard that I was arriving in the morning they offered to store my bag for the day and when I got there they had even made the effort to have my room ready already, even though it was only about 10.30 in the morning.

My single room and the ensuite bathroom were a good size, very comfy and perfectly clean.
They serve a full English breakfast but ask every morning if there is maybe something you don’t like to eat that day or if you have any special requirements. I’m a vegetarian and they served vegetarian sausages with my breakfast for me, which was great. Apart from that there is also a choice of cereal, as well as honey, jam, butter etc to go with your toast.
The breakfast was delicious and Dawn always took a bit of time to chat while serving it as well.
In general that is what liked about Fosters the most, the owners Dawn and Jon. They really made an effort to make me feel welcome and made sure I had everything I needed. I wanted to go and see Lulworth Cove and the Durdle Door which was a bit complicated cause it was a Sunday, the summer bus to Lulworth wasn’t running yet and I didn’t have a car. Jon went online for me, did some research and printed me the schedule for another bus that brought me close at least and Dawn equipped me with business cards for Taxi companies etc
(If you’re interested, I made it to Lulworth and Durdle door in the end and it was amazing  )
They always had a minute for a friendly chat or some good tips for the area and how to get to places etc. and that gave the place a very warm and friendly atmosphere.

My time Fosters guesthouse was great, I would recommend it to anyone and next time I go to Weymouth this is definitely the place I want to stay at again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The friendly owners, Jon and Dawn, made this place particularly stand out. We had a lovely big room with a sofa and a DVD player. As a vegetarian it was nice to be given the option of Quorn sausages for breakfast.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We have just returned from our two night stay at the Fosters. The weather was expected to be rain for our stay....instead it was perfectly sunny :0)
We had a warm welcome from Jon and he carried our bags to our rooms. The first thing that I thought was how clean and fresh the rooms were. No air fresheners just fresh smelling towels and sheets.
There was plenty to do. Beautiful walks via Rodwell Trail to Chesil Beach, a pub quiz at the 'The Rock', an amazing day out at Monkey World.
We all slept well and woke up feeling refreshed. Popped downstairs and was welcomed by Dawn who was very friendly. They made us a lovely breakfast....perfect eggs!

Room Tip: We booked two rooms....one at the front and one at the back. Both were quiet
1  Thank butterfly691