“Lovely stay”

Moonfleet Manor Hotel
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband arranged a surprise romantic trip here and I was delighted. He requested a sea view - we stayed in Rocky Point, which definitely had the best view of the fleet, from a window and the balcony. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, particularly Emma on reception. Snoopy the dog is very sweet and welcomes you as well! The swimming pool area was being refurbished while we were there, but personally I didn't feel that it is because of a desperate need. I would like to go back when it is all done. Waking up in the morning to a lovely breakfast set us up for a bracing walk down to the fleet the following morning - a good selection of cooked breakfast and continental. The apple juice was particularly delicious. The lounge areas are very luxurious and the fire was really warm and lovely. I will be recommending the place to friends as I had a lovely time.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Neil C, General Manager at Moonfleet Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Claire W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor about your recent stay at Moonfleet. The whole team are thrilled to hear that their efforts are so warmly appreciated.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Moonfleet soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is my third or fourth trip to Moonfleet - usually with my husband and our three year old but this time I braved it alone with our son. The swimming pool is quite outdated but they're doing maintenance work on the changing rooms and think they have plans to update the pool itself soon. Everything else is spot on - the rooms are big - we've stayed in a massive suite with huge bedroom and sitting room (Trenchard), a really big room upstairs (forgotten name of) and this time we were in a double room called Heminway which was great - really spacious and L shaped so my son could be in bed out of sight around the corner. The decor is really appropriate for the building - traditional and quirky and the sitting rooms where the log fires burn are gorgeous. Kids will be gloriously happy - The Verandah is a huge sports hall well organised with all kinds of ride ons/soft play stuff/games/ping pong/sports equipment that my sons talks about all the time and he loved his half hour in the creche while I packed the room up and checked out (he made a lovely decorated door hanger while there). The food is delicious and the staff are really helpful. As well as all of this the setting is absolutely spellbinding - at the end of a long track right by the sea with access to Chesil Beach a 10 minute drive away and loads of attractions for people of all ages. Highly recommended, especially by parents wanting a fun holiday for everyone with few quiet moments or a special meal to themselves.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Neil C, General Manager at Moonfleet Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear josiemmc,

Thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor and for coming to see us so often! It is fabulous to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much, along with previous stays and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Moonfleet verry soon.

The Pool changing rooms are nearly done and will be ready for February half term. They will definitely give a better experience and we are very pleased with them.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

We stayed here last weekend and I wrote to the General Manager to highlight the problems we encountered; no response to date!

Basically it is not a luxury hotel. Full stop. Your children will love it but don't have any pretence that you will be lounging by a luxury pool; think local authority 1970. I appreciate that the owners are planning a refurbishment ....but we paid a lot of money for a very basic room in a run down hotel. I hope that, post refurbishment, there is not a plan to increase room rate and other prices.

My gut feeling is that prices will rise; in any event, however the owner funds it, they have to sink a lot of capital and staff into this hotel to earn the title "luxury".

The team are lovely but you can only trade on that for so long and there are many aspects of this business which lack basic professionalism. Simply disappointing.w

Room Tip: Be warned the rooms in the modern extension are not big enough for two adults plus a child.
2  Thank wvdh
Neil C, General Manager at Moonfleet Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Dear wvdh,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review and for speaking to me about your stay. I am sorry that I was not able to get back to you sooner, this was because I was recouperating from surgery when you sent me your initial email.

I am very pleased to have been able to speak to you and learnt more about your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed the stay, but I am disappointed that there were a few points where we missed the mark for you. Needless to say, the team will be working hard to improve on the points that you have raised.

There is a lot happening at Moonfleet now and over the next couple of years that will bring huge improvements to our already significant leisure facilities. The Pool will be replaced with a new 20m pool and Spa in 2014, but we are refurbishing the changing rooms right now and these willl be ready in time for February Half Term. We have a rolling programme of Bedroom refurbishment as well having already created a Cinema room, new treatment rooms and refurbished all our lounges. All our progress will be on our facebook page.

I am really pleased that you will be visiting us again and look forward to welcoming you back to Moonfleet in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Having worked late in Weymouth we arrived at the hotel around midnight to a very warm welcome from Snoopy and the night watchman. We could not have been made to feel more at home with tales of the hotel's history and Snoopy the resident Cocker Spaniel allowing us to tickle his tum. My room was in the main building and it was spacious, full of character with an extremely comfy bed. I thoroughly recommend this hotel and want to go back again when I have more time to enjoy the ambience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Alison21Worcester,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. Snoopy and team are delighted that you had such a good time, even though your stay was so brief.

We look forward to welcoming you again for a longer stay!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Excellent stay at Moonfleet manor in January with our 10 month old baby. Two inter-connecting rooms with DB&B offered fantastic value. Nursery/Den staff were very helpful. The baby-listening service is good, but the hotel would benefit from better wi-fi, as this broke up in the restaurant. For parents who like to use video-monitoring through smart phones this was a bit of a pain. Overall, however, Moonfleet offers excellent value for money, with an outstanding restaurant well worth the 2AA rosettes if not 3 and the range of facilities for babies to adults makes this a must stay location for families.

Dear Rob A,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you had such a lovely time with us.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

kind regards

Reviewed 12 January 2013

The receptionist gave one the impression that you might be spoiling her day. Once in the comfortable old lounge the service was friendly and very good. Tea was served promptly with the sandwiches etc to follow which were plentiful and tasty. The waiter was always to hand to look after our requests and gave us excellent service. The scones had reached maturity but overall a very quiet and enjoyable afternoon was had by all. On leaving, the reception were unable to muster a goodbye but why should we expect common courtesy in this day and age?

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Andrew M,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you had a great afternoon with us. Our Reception team usually come in for high praise, so we are sorry if they did not shine on this occasion. Be assured we will learn and improve.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Lovely stay . The staff were hospitable and kind. They made us feel very welcome. The food was superb. The massage was not so good . The bed was really comfy. I would highly recommend it. I did not have young children but as it was in term time this did not matter.

Dear SteepPetersfieldUK,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor and the team are delighted to hear that you had a lovely time with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Neil

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
#1 of 2 in Evershot
Alexandra Hotel
Alexandra Hotel
#15 of 22 in Weymouth

Been to Moonfleet Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!