LIke the previous reviewer we booked 4 nights (2nd-6th Sept) at the last minute followed by 4 nights at sister hotel in Fowey , Cornwall.
The hotel is 5 miles west of Weymouth on the Fleet but facing Chesil Bank. The access road is pot hole ridden and has to carefully negotiated (though this is probably not the hotels fault)
Nice welcome and plenty of hotel and local information given. My wife and I got a second storey room of good size, but with some sloping ceilings (banged head twice), and only a smallish window at the front side (not sea view) . It was generally adequate, but some furniture needs updating, as does quite a bit of the lounge/dining room furniture . Lots of provision for children of all ages. The lighting in the room was not good, and the beside lamps insufficient to read by.
Dinner got off to a bad start with a quite substantial crack in my water glass, the the wrong wine was brought ! But the food on the two nights we ate 'in' was good We had an issue on paying th bill as no deposit had been received from 'central booking' so I was made to pay the whole bill - I expected the 20% I paid for the two hotels to be split 'pro rata'. I am still awaiting my credit card bill to see if the deposit was taken , as was in th case of Fowey Hall Hotel
Despite these criticisms, we did enjoy our stay, but I cannot rate it higher than 3 stars until some improvements are made
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Moonfleet Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moonfleet Manor And Sports Resort
- Moonfleet Manor & Sports Hotel Weymouth
- Hotel Moonfleet Manor Sports
- Moonfleet Manor Hotel Weymouth, Dorset