We arrived for a pre Christmas break and it didn't start well, it felt like the hotel was closed and we were the only guests there. Admittedly we arrived at 3.30pm so they may not have gotten up to speed, no welcoming fire, only lit at 6pm but we did ask for it to be lit earlier. Bright harsh lights until we found the dimmer in the lounge, (the receptionist came in and commented on how dark it was....)no background music until we asked for a small stereo also in the lounge. Interestingly everyone who arrived after us commented on the welcoming aspect of the room and flocked to our fire lit side. Our bedroom was unheated when we arrived which again was unwelcoming. The food and service were excellent though and the interior design of the hotel is exceptional, the playbarn was a huge hit with our slightly older kids aged 10 and 11. The other slight negative is that the hotel should tell guests if there is a wedding on prior to booking, either the wedding party should book the entire hotel or be accommodated so that their experience does not interfere/overwhelm the other paying parties who feel like uninvited guests to someone else's wedding. Wouldn't affect me going back, I'd just check whether there was a wedding on first.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Moonfleet Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moonfleet Manor And Sports Resort
- Moonfleet Manor & Sports Hotel Weymouth
- Hotel Moonfleet Manor Sports
- Moonfleet Manor Hotel Weymouth, Dorset