“Perfect for Toddlers (and parents)”

Moonfleet Manor Hotel
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
London
“Perfect for Toddlers (and parents)”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We spent 3 nights at Moonfleet Manor and had a great time. Despite it raining off and on everyday, there was still loads to do with our 2 year old. The indoor pools are small but perfect for splashing and playing with the floats. The indoor playroom or Verandah was brilliant for really running about and burning energy and the crèche (4 Bears Den) was there for when we needed it. Plus the big garden, the children's mealtimes, rooms were all just right.

However the biggest thing going for it was the staff. Moonfleet have obviously really invested in their staff; there were lots of them and all really helpful and very welcoming to the kids. I cant speak highly enough about them.

We went during term time which meant all the other families had under 5's, so they could all play together and it also meant that all the kids were in bed by 7:30pm. We also got a 3 for 2 type deal which made it very reasonable considering.

2 Thank JensHoliday
Neil C, General Manager at Moonfleet Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear JensHoliday,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and my team will be so pleased to hear that their considerable efforts are so warmly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Moonfleet in the very near future.

Neil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Bucks
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed 1 night at Moonfleet Manor & wished that I had booked for longer. I loved the quirky, theatrical decor - full of eccentric objet d'art - best described as comfy faded glamour! My room had a huge bed & a view to die for over Fleet lagoon - even more magical at night when the moon was over the water! The staff are very friendly and helpful. I have eaten at some of the finest restaurants and I have to compliment the chef as the food really was fabulous - first class. The sommelier was very knowledgeable & helpful. The terrace is a great place to sit & enjoy a drink or a cream tea. It's clear that one of the great strengths of the hotel is that it's so geared up for families with children but that didn't affect my enjoyment of the place even though I was travelling on my own, probably because it was term time and there were only very young children there, all clearly having a wonderful time, and my room was very quiet at night. The coastal walks from the end of the hotel garden are really wonderful and the air was the best I have ever experienced. The Spa is excellent although the building it's housed in is not the most attractive, but inside it's lovely. I had the "Dream Escape" which was 90mins of sheer indulgence. I understand the hotel is planning a bit of a makeover in the autumn/winter and that's great, as long as they don't take away the character, and don't change the chef!! I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Neil C, General Manager at Moonfleet Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear JulietS123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor and letting us know of your recent experience at Moonfleet. We are all totally thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay, even though it was so brief.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Moonfleet (for a longer stay!) in the not to distant future.

Portland
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed in the old part of the manor in a wonderful family type room/suite. There was a double bedroom, adjoining large bathroom ans second bedroom/lounge. The reception said it was the best room and I thought they might tell everyone that but then maybe not! Lots of dark old furniture that was suitably full of character. I heard no old sea dogs in the corridor that night but really should have! Can't rate this place high enough. Lovely food in the restaurant too but this did lack the atmosphere of the older part of the building. Please note my stay was some time ago but I doubt much has changed.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the old house for character and size.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank islandgirl1958
Dear islandgirl1958,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. It is so important for the team to hear that their considerable efforts are so well appreciated that comments such as yours are worth their weight in gold!

We hope to welcome you back to Moonfleet in the very near future.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful experience for me and my 2 year old. Any single mums out there wanting to have a little holiday and get fun time with your little ones plus some 'me' time, Moonfleet is perfect. Can't fault it. Helpful, caring staff, lovely location, lovely rooms, lovely food. Such a pleasure to stay somewhere that is so kid orientated, they understand when there are tantrums ( my little one started one just as we sat down for food and I asked for the meal I just started to be sent up to my room, no problem at all) they understand you have lots of bags to carry and they understand what kids want and need.

I spent a lovely afternoon firstly having a facial given by a overly lady, Pheobe, whilst my son was being looked after in the crèche. My son and I then spent hours of fun playing in the massive ( and I mean massive) indoor play area, where he ran around, jumped on trampolines, slid down slides, played piano etc. We then had a great swim in the pool which has two children's pools, one for baby's, one for toddlers and a main pool.

Food in the restaurant was first class too, from breakfast to dinner.

Fantastic, will definitely be coming here again, felt so welcomed and the staff are all just fab people. Excellent!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frankie01186254
Dear Frankie01186254,

Thank you so for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor - we understand that busy mums are time-poor, so it means a great deal to us.

We are thrilled to hear that your stay at Moonfleet was such a happy one and that you got to make full use of all of our facilities.

We really do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel in a three generation family party. I can't remember when I enjoyed a hotel more.

The decor is wonderful ; stylish without being stuffy with an ecclectic mix of furniture that you know it's ok for your two year old to sit and eat a cream tea on (generous cream and jam portions by the way!). We had an interconnecting family room which was perfect because our daughter (two) had her own space complete with towels styled into elephants and a lovely bathroom. Little touches like turning the heated towel rail off in our daughter's room whilst keeping ours on just reinforce the hotel's family focussed ethic.

The kids facilities are amazing; a friendly optional creche with lovely staff, a huge indoor games room, outdoor games and....space, lots of it! Our daughter went to sleep exhausted every evening. Great local walks too.

The restaurant food was delicious. We failed to stop at two courses. There are so many things on the breakfast menu that even if you stayed for a fortnight you and your child could eat a varied breakfast every day.

We think it's a wonderful place for familes and we hope to be able to go back soon. Thanks for a treat of a weekend.

2 Thank Droskyn
Dear Droskyn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. My team and I are so pleased that you had a lovely weekend with us and I am delighted that we were able to please the needs of three different generations!

We really look forward to welcoming you back to Moonfleet in the near future.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our second visit to Moonfleet Manor, and it exceeded our expectations - something we didn't think possible as our first visit was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff from assisting with luggage to arranging a bespoke tasting menu with paired wine.

Our children aged 10 and 8 love the hotel and facilities, as they have the freedom to go where they like, when they like and as a result we had relaxing quality time together in the knowledge that our children were happy and safe.

The hotel is English Eccentricity at it's best. It is perfect for families - so if you are looking for a child-free romantic break then this is probably not for you.

As other reviewers have said some areas do need some attention, but the upside of this means that you are not constantly worrying that your child may damage an immaculate and/or expensive piece of furniture or decoration!

The Sommelier is very knowledgable, enthusiastic and keen to share his learning. The reception team were extremely friendly and helpful. In fact all the staff we came in contact with were delightful and hard working.

We hope to return again next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Neil C, General Manager at Moonfleet Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Larchie 20,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. It is always fantastic to see guests again, fabulous to hear that their stay was even better than the first!

Thank you for your support and we really look forward to welcoming you back to Moonfleet again soon!

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed as a family group for 4 nights. The hotel & facilities are shabby & could do with a spruce up. Our double bedroom was not good - it bore no resemblance to the pictures on the web sites. There was the noise of the extractor fan from the kitchen (which when I mentioned at reception the lady said I should not hear!) & the smell of food if the balcony door (the only means of ventilation) was left open. In addition lighting is so poor it is not possible to read in the room in the evening. On the plus side the room was very clean & the food in the restaurant was good if approaching London prices. The restaurant & housekeeping staff were friendly & helpful if not proactive -it felt as if they may be understaffed. Lots of facilities for children but all a bit run down.

Room Tip: Definitely not in the annexe
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 794Y32
Dear 794Y32,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. Naturally I am disappointed that you did not like your accommodation.

We are constantly looking to improve, with the help of our guests comments and you will be pleased to hear that we intend to completely refurbish the bedrooms in the Wing, where you were, this Autumn/Winter.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the other aspects of the Hotel and I am confident that our investment will greatly change your experience positively.

Please do contact me personally at the Hotel to discuss further.

Neil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
#1 of 2 in Evershot
East Farm House B&B
East Farm House B&B
#3 of 4 in Abbotsbury

Been to Moonfleet Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!