“For all the family”

Moonfleet Manor Hotel
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Moonfleet is a gorgeous location in the Dorset countryside with views of the sea and chesil beach and plenty to see and do nearby. Ask for Austin suite in coach house for best sea views. Furniture and decor retain the manor "feel". There were spacious lawns and several lounges to use, with meals served indoors or out as weather allowed. The helpful staff did everything to make it easy for parents and grandparents to relax with an eight-month-old in the party. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: As above: Austin suite provides two double bedrooms (the upper has the views), two sitting rooms and...
1  Thank sophie l
Neil C, General Manager at Moonfleet Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear sophie l,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

It is not always easy to travel with such a young baby, so we are delighted that you had such a good experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again and again at Moonfleet.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed here on business so didn't really get to enjoy the location or all the facilities , but I can comment on the room which was. £125 b&b. the room was large and quiet, rally comfy bed and linen and I really liked the organic toiletries in the bathroom. Would have loved to stay the weekend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank macymo

Dear macymo,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and look forward to welcoming back you to Moonfleet in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at Moonfleet Manor for 1 night with family. My 19 month old son loved every minute, from the swimming pool to sunken garden filled with toys and sandpit. We also enjoyed the food and relaxed atmosphere. Touches such as a changing mat and nappy bin in our room were also much appreciated.

However, our room was extremely small (not really suitable for an extra cot), our balcony was not very clean and the outside chair had a cushion top that could not be removed and was soaking wet: put pay to my plan to read outside and watch the sun go down. The door stopper was also hangingnoff and within 5 minutes of arriving my toddler was clutching it along with loose screws!I also found that our welcome to the hotel was pretty underwelming and staff could have done more to orientate us when we arrived. We spent quite a long time wandering around trying to find the swimming pool and stumbled across areas of the hotel that looked pretty run down.

That said, all in all we had a good stay and would consider going back. Agree with other reviewers that boat access to Chesil beach would be amazing!

We've also stayed at Woolley Grange,

2  Thank shil0846
Neil C, General Manager at Moonfleet Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear shil0846,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the very useful feedback - please be assured that we use all feedback to improve our guest experience.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Moonfleet in the very near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Hotel in South West England, a waiter called Manuel, German guests and Waldorf salad was not on the menu. There the comparison with Fawlty Towers ends. This is an absolutely fabulous hotel.
The staff were great, restaurant & bar staff, reception and creche. The grounds are spacious and safe for our 20 month old to crawl around and investigate - outdoor trampoline, balls, play area. Furthermore, there is a large indoor area with table tennis, other ball games as well as soft play for children. I also liked the living room area decor, though due to the good weather we weren't inside much.
You have views of the sea. It is located just outside Weymouth and is in a nice, quiet area, very green. Other beaches are nearby as well.
As with their sister hotel, the food was great too.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank haricotrock

Dear haricotrock,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor, following your recent stay with us. It is such a thrill for my team to read that their considerable efforts are so warmly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Moonfleet in the very near future.

kind regards

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We visited Moonfleet over the Easter holidays (2014). I had wanted to go for ages but had been warned it was a bit shabby. It wasn't exactly shabby more homely, although the double bed could have done with a new mattress. Outside was a bit of a mix too - the hotel ground also could have done with a bit of TLC in some areas but the kids' areas were amazing. Our 3 had an amazing time and I had one of the best meals ever in the restaurant. The set up is extremely family and dog friendly. The one unavoidable downside is the location which tucked away behind chesil beach so although you are in a beautiful coastal area you don't really get to enjoy that directly outside the hotel.
But the thing that has put me off ever going again was the truly offensive behaviour of one of the housekeeping staff who was unbelievably and inexcusably rude. Amongst other things she had the TV on in the next door room whilst cleaning at FULL volume even though I had a 'please do not disturb I am sleeping' sign on my door - it was her antagonism when I asked her if she had seen the sign that blew me away. I explained what had happened to the managers who did seem quite concerned. A week later I got an email which I thought might have been an apology from the hotel but it was a generic email alerting me to all their other lovely family friendly hotels. As everyone who works in a hotel is a representative of that hotel I thought they might have concerns that one of their staff was so bloody unpleasant to customers but it would appear not.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 929Rose

Dear 929Rose,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, as this is the first that I have heard of this. As you can see from the numerous reviews we have on Tripadvisor, our staff receive regular and high praise, so for this to happen is very disappointing from this point of view. Please be assured that I will investigate further.

I am really pleased to hear that the vast majority of your stay was "amazing", so please do accept my apologies for this. Please do contact me at the Hotel so that I can discuss this with you further.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this wonderful, quirky, comfortable hotel. Our 3rd visit - absolutely wonderful, again. Staff were helpful and polite, there when you needed them, and discreetly in the background when you did not. Food was excellent, as was the service throughout our stay. We were particularly impressed with how the hotel caters for families - there was everything a child/baby would need, without it being in your face or taking over the hotel. The games area in the Verandah is a brilliant place to entertain the children while you relax with a cup of tea or coffee, or indeed have a game of table tennis yourself. The outdoor facilities for the children were well maintained and it was great to see kids enjoying themselves in a safe environment, with a bit of freedom to run around, while their parents were able to relax for a while. Thoroughly recommend this place if you want something different and unique.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house on the 1st floor (Hemingway room) and had a great view of the Lagoon and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 319Delta
Neil C, General Manager at Moonfleet Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear 319Delta,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor and for coming back to see us again!

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and we look forward to trip number 4!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have just come back from a three night stay with our 4 and 6 year old. We went two years ago so knew we could expect true relaxation and quality family time. We were not disappointed. We recognised many of the staff from the previous visit - which tells me there is investment in the team and it must be a nice place to work! (Well done to the managers who make this so). The main hotel is beautiful and inviting. The pool and garden are just perfect for families (including the adults!) and the setting quite unmatched for serenity and a taste of the sea.
The food was all wonderful - but I was slightly disappointed that the chocie for children was a little typical (burger/fishfingers/bolognese/sausage) and unvaried which was problematic over three nights. Similarly, the adult dining was delicious and wonderfully presented...but I would have liked the menu to change over three nights.
The room we were in this time was very tired (unlike our last visit) and the intention to have fashionably shabby furtniture was lost as much of it was broken, the carpets were dirty and the lovely kingsize bed devoid of a headboard, which meant we couldn't sit in bed and read or watch the sun go down over the sea. Thus, the amazing, happy and child-interested team, fantastic food and facilities which make the pricing resonable, were slightly over-shadowed by the lack of attention to detail and luxury extras one should expect in the bedrooms.
we would love to return though given that we have not experienced such a family-friendly slice of (almost) luxury where everyone makes you feel as if nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa S
Neil C, General Manager at Moonfleet Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Lisa S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. It is always great to hear our guests feedback and even more so from returning guests, as there are direct comparisons to be made from the previous visit.

I am delighted that our team took great care of you once again and I will take onboard your other comments. We are expecting to be able to refurbish certain rooms, this year so please do keep an eye on our facebook page for updates.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Moonfleet again in the near future.