“Most terrible experience”

The Nook Bar, Brasserie & Hotel
Ranked #160 of 165 Weymouth B&B and Inns
“Most terrible experience”
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

I booked a twin room and a double room.
We waited in the bar for five minutes before being served as there was no staff. Once we had been acknowledged and paid we were shown the rooms.
The carpets was thick with animal hair in the corridors. The rooms pure filth, in the twin room the bed had pubic hair on the bed sheet, also what appeared to be faeces on the valence sheet. The bathroom door didn't shut. Crumbs on the cupboard, the welcome pack was ripped and covered in stains. Dust everywhere. The floor clearly hadn't been hovered. In the double room, mould above the shower, the blind in the bedroom the cord had been broken so couldn't pull the blind down. The head board covered in thick dust.
I will never stay in the hotel again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
I complained about the bedding at state of the rooms I was told swapping wasn't an option as they were fully booked nor a change of bed linen as only one member of staff on. We were offered a refund if we vacated the premisses immediately. Poor customer service.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Vicky C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Maybe the Guys at the Nook have read the reviews here and got spirit..... We stayed one night last week and have to say for the price we could ask for nothing more.... Room six was spotless... Clean sheets....Plenty of towels...tea and coffee... New TV... Great Views.....

YES......it is close to the bars....(SO STAY IN THE COUNTRY IF YOU WANT SOLITUDE)
YES......You do have to pay for parking....(GET THE TRAIN NEXT TIME!)
YES......You book in at the bar but hey the cocktails are amazing...

We could have been lucky but I have to say well done the Nook... £20 a head right in the centre of all the fun with stunning beach views... clean and tidy room .... Brilliant ...Please save us room six for the 25th July

Room Tip: We loved room six....
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Me and my friend stayed here for a hen weekend. My friend used her card on late rooms and we paid on arrival to be told someone had checked in under the same name and was in our room (room 1) we were placed in room 4, which was terrible! The sheets weren't clean, paint coming off the walls and it looked dirty. We complained, to which the owner was very rude about but did move us back to our original room 1. The people who had booked in our name had gone out so the owners moved there things out of room 1 and left a note on the door for them to go to reception when back. As me and my friend were getting ready 4 very drunk people came back into our room as they still had a key! We complained and were given a refund of 1 night. My friend questioned payments to which we found out these people who had checked in under my friends name had used her card details to pay!! With no security checks, no id needed and my friend was uniformed of this. The husband and wife dealt with all of our complaints badly. The husband made out that we were just after freebies, all we wanted was a sorry and for someone to say 'we realise there's a problem, how can we fix it?' The most worrying thing is that if me and my friend hasn't been in our room when the 4 people arrived, would we still have all of things? Overall it's a shame because the bar is lovely and does amazing cocktails but the way the problems were dealt with was out of order.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Amyjade15

Travellers are raving about these Weymouth hotels

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2013

please please say away from this hotel i book in for the 4th may 2013 we got there and we was taken to are room horrible i ask where we can park the car i was told to go to the public car park it will cost about £4 .all day NO £12 AND THEN YOU HAVE TO PAY £3 FOR THE NIGHT and then you have to go back by 9.30 am to pay again..when we came back to the room there was 2 girls in the room .so we went down to reception to find out we did not book in total rubish.but we was lukey there was a cancellation £50 for the nignt but no breakfast we had no choice but to take it .the worst night of our life we did not sleep again say away

Room Tip: there is none
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stephen p
Manchester
Reviewed 4 December 2012

The worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Booked through late rooms as was visiting family.after booking online it advertised that I was in room 5a and that this was a refurbished BB!!!!!!! Different story when I arrived...had to check in at a bar which we had issues with.tried to book me in someone else's name?? Was shown to our room which seemed ok until I looked in the bath room which was full of mould....not forgetting this was a NEWLY refurbished BB.was told that after 9pm we had to use a different entrance which we also had issues with. Very noisy considering the bar closed at 9pm? When had issues with door tried to contact the emergency number to be told they sold it so clearly details not correct. Felt very unsafe in this environment.

So bad we switch to another BB.
Just wish I had read the reviews first.

Don't recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Chad02
North London
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Although they advertise that there may be some noise, what they dont say is that the bar/club next door is EXCEPTIONALLY NOISY and open until 5.30am, so if you want to get any sleep dont stay here. We stayed for 1 night 20th October and that was 1 night too many. We started in room No1 well I think that must be directly above the club because I felt like I was in there(and I was wearing earplugs). Firstly you have to do your business throught the bar, there are no staff in the guest house and after the bar closes at 2.30am I dont know if anyone is available although they do provide a mobile number for you to call !!!!! The bathroom door stuck everytime you shut it and you had the fight to get it open again.The windows (old sash style) didnt have any locks on them and they obviously need work because fresh air comes through them along with the noise. At 1.15am I went down to bar and asked to be moved to a quiter room, so my son and I were moved to room No 4, this has seen better days, same problem with windows, this bathroom door didnt even shut there were water stains on ceilings and walls and it got very cold overnight. The noise was not so bad there you had to listen to all the revellers making their way home down the road behind the guest house (not as bad as the contast noise of thudding music)except for the drunken brawls. I am NOT a fussy person but their advertising (on Booking.com) cleary needs updating too read very noisy and lively, also their postcode which is wrong we couldn't locate it using a SatNav, had to ask a chap from next door the correct postcode which is DT4 8DG not DT4 8TG as advertised.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the quiter rooms unless you want to be awake all night.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Teri57
Reviewed 11 October 2012

If only I had read the reviews first!!! First day and usual payment requested immediately. This because people would just get up & leave.
The room again tiny and shabby, had the radiatior on all night & you could open the window, because the noise was bad enough when closed. This mainly from a constant generator, night club, drunks peeing up the outside wall...... I could go on. With 15 minutes sleep I find myself writing a review at 02:39am! As I can't sleep & I have never written a complaint in my life, but the exeriancd really is that bad!!!

• Stayed October 2012