“GONE WAAAY DOWN HILL.”

The William Henry
Ranked #131 of 296 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Part of the Wetherspoon pub chain.
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I went here today with my family who had visited from up north, I have gone here on my lunch break in the past and been delighted with the service and food. Fast and tasty. Now how ever the past month I have noticed a dramatic change in both these areas, we orded a roast firstly they got the order wong, gave a large pork to my mum who had ordered a small pork and it was anouther family member who had ordered a large beef, EVERYTHING was stone cold, I had chicken and it wasnt even luke warm, the hottest things were the very tiny tasting frozen roast potatos, the quality of food was very poor having worked in catering myself I would feel embaressed to let food of that quality and tempriture out of the kitchen. On top of this when asked of the food was ok , by the manager may I add my grandma repkyed it wasnt great and nearly all of it was cold he replyed "you mean the vege was cold" as if that was alright anyway!! Also I asked for a alcoholic drink with my food, and the girl who served us asked me for iD I wouldnt mind if I hadnt been going in there for years and being served all the time but also it was with my food and I am quite obveously over 16 and I am led to beleive a cider or wine with your food if over 16 and with a pearent. this annoyed me enough but then when the very poor over priced food got to my table I was outraged. I for sure will not be spending my money there again and would advise you all to do the same. Also if was 18 I would understand but im qyite obveously nearly 25.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I've been in here on many occasions,normally for a beer or a night out with friends.I can't comment on. Food or value ,although I did hear constant complaints regarding bills ,missing food etc....On arriving at the rear bar ,it were not too crowded.I had £2.09 for a pint of "Courage Best in my hand..
The young man at the bar greeted me with simply " Wha du yah want" ? ,whilst talking to another customer over my shoulder !
Not an ounce of Customer Care as far as I'm concerned ,exceptionaly rude.......I couldn't wait to finish my pint and go home.
In all honesty ,yes it is cheap ,but I wouldn't bother if you wish for a friendly greeting or smile !

1  Thank Peter m
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Having discovered this pub on the first evening of our 3 day visit to Weymouth we didn't even consider going anywhere else for our main meal the next 2 days! The food was excellent value for money with good quality Hardy's wine only £7.99 a bottle.
The staff were welcoming and friendly, the food tasty and well presented and we will definitely return on our next trip.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Good quality food and good choice. Excellent prices. Friendly hospitable staff. Stayed in a seafront B&B for 2 nights and enjoyed 2 evening dinners and one lunch at this pub restaurant as we enjoyed it so much!

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Called in for breakfast with my son and ordered 2 Traditional Breakfasts.
Both came out stone cold.
Politely asked them to swap for two hot one's which they did without question.
Unfortunately the replacements were exactly the same ! I gave up at this point.
Cheap and cheerful as it is, I don't expect this from a large national chain (Wetherspoons) that this pub belongs.