“"well worth a visit"”

The Marden Guest House
Ranked #92 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First visit to the Marden, a very warm welcome when we arrived , Jan & Gary couldn't have been more helpful.. We was a group of 8 staying down Weymouth for a 2 days fishing on one of the charter boats, When we was asked what time we wanted breakfast, we asked if 6am would be possible "certainly not a problem" was the answer straight away... A very clean ,friendly and homely place to stay with a good breakfast ... Look forward to returning in October hopefully ...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael T

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Myself and seven other keen anglers who were down in Weymouth stayed in this fantastic guest house for three nights whilst we had a couple of day trips out wreck fishing with the Katie Anne.
The couple who run the guest house are incredibly welcoming and the whole stay was excellent.
We had tea, coffee or beer offered on arrival and return to the B&B each day!
The rooms are a lovely size, exceptionally clean and tidy and everything cleaned and attended to each day.
I can highly recommend this to anyone but especially anglers who need a VERY early breakfast before a busy day's boat or beach fishing.
I own a fishing tackle shop and will certainly be recommending this to all my customers who travel down to this very popular venue for fishing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Back to the Marden for our first visit of 2014 & if anything, it was even better than the 2013 version. Gary has spent the winter months refurbishing room 4, which we normally have, not that it really needed it. However, the bathroom in particular is much improved with new shower, sink unit & WC. Somehow it now feels bigger. The rest of the room has now been redecorated too. First class breakfast as always, another splendid packed lunch for our day afloat & cheery hosts - what more can you ask for. The best place we have ever stayed at in Weymouth; and that includes a couple of the 'proper' hotels. Can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed with Jan & Gary whilst working in Weymouth. What a wonderful couple who made me feel so very welcome and provided a fresh pot of tea everytime I came through the door!! Jan even got up especially early when I had an early start to the day to make sure I had a good breakfast before I left. Nothing was too much trouble. A fabulous couple who have paid such attention to detail in this charming B&B. The room was spotless and had a beautiful ensuite with everything you needed in the room to be comfy cosy. B&B's don't come any better than this!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

A very pleasant stay warm welcome jan and Gary made us feel very welcome clean room very comfortable bed parking was ok
Breakfast plentiful and delicious no early get up for breakfast so a lie in was great.
Will recommend to all my friends if going to Weymouth will defently stay again

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Another excellent visit to the Marden. As with my previous visit, all was absolutely spot-on. A comfortable night's kip followed by an excellent breakfast to set me up for a day's fishing. Jan again provided a good packed lunch to my requirements & as usual, she & Gary proved to be charming hosts.I shall be returning for several more visits in 2014.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

just returned from my second stay at the marden.
use this guest house when down with a group of fellow anglers.
on both occassions jan and garry treat you like friends not paying guests.
nothing is to much trouble for them.
breakfasts are youre chioce freshly cooked and hot. early starts are ok with them not like some in weymouth where they dont bother before it suits them.
packed lunches brillient value and again youre choice.
rooms spotless and well equipped.
well done to both jan and garry.
see you both again very soon.
philip

Room Tip: no need all great