“Don't waste your time”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I ordered burger, specified no mayo.
I waited over 45 minutes before asking as to where my food was. I was then informed that they had forgot about the order, and said they would cook it immediately.
When the burger did finally arrive, the chips were not piping hot, and they were floppy.
Also, to my disgust, the burger had mayo in it.
I immediately took the faulty product to the bar for a complete refund and walked out.
This has happened twice in this place, so it's unlikely it was a one off experience.

1  Thank Dan C

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great food, great service and great staff.

The staff could not do enough for us, they were very pleasant. We went there as a family and the food is typical pub grub and it is very well done and very very good value.
We went early in the evening when it was not too busy, if we went later or on a weekend I would imagine it could get quite noisy and raucous, a time for the younger generation perhaps !!

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

The clipper has ceased trading !!!!!!! The full story is available to read in the Dorset Evening Echo dated 1st November 2013

1  Thank Onlinewilly
Reviewed 17 October 2013

walk past and you think what a nice fashionable place,but thats all it is.chose to have a drink and meal here and 45 minutes later realised we had totally wasted £24 in all.3 staff at bar had to wait to be served we were aknowledged but they still had to finish there little chat,the girl who served us was pleasant.my hubby had x large steak mediun/w done and i had lasagne,the meal took about 15 mins[not long enough]the steak turned up it was about 2 inchs thick and very black,when cut into it was a blood transfusion on a plate,it ,was cold in the middle no heat had got through and chips were cool which then turned briight pink with the blood,the waitress took it back and tried to cook it more but said she was'nt sure how and by then the chips were ready to jump back in freezer they were that cold.the management offered free sweet but no apology shame

1  Thank marina j
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Me and my girlfriend were looking for some were quick to eat before going to the cinemar . We went in to the clipper even though we had heard some bad things about the place, but had a great meal each which was very good value for money. The staff were friendly and inviting 10 out of 10 for serivce and quality of food. Will defentily be comming back for more!