This hotel lives in the 18th century and is a great worry for the 2012 Olympics as it can only put up its already high (and not value for money) prices for probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in the UK. It appears to have gone drastically downhill since better reviews of 2007.
Are there any good points? Location (in town and on beach with fairly easy on street parking) and most staff are friendly and helpful except the Manager who is unpleasant to customers, unhelpful and 'jobs worth'.
Bad points? ALOT.
Very dirty and incredibly small room that had too much furniture so couldn't work at the dressing table. The shower had black mould, carpet was not vacuumed, bread was found in dressing table, table lamp bulb gone, nowhere to put soap bag in bathroom except on floor which was dirty around edges and found used tissue behind waste bin from previous occupant, all glass surface areas not polished.
Staff have had no customer service training so although are friendly do not understand what different customers want from a hotel. When I checked in I was immediately told the 'restaurant was full that night'. They do however offer a sandwich and jacket potato room service option which is not suitable for someone who is traveling on business.
Someone needs to turn what could be a great hotel around so we are not embarrassed in front of the whole world in 2012.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Prince Regent is an attractive seafront property on Weymouth's historic esplanade with views across Weymouth Bay and the craggy Dorset Jurassic coastline beyond. The Hotel Prince Regent is regarded by many as the leading Weymouth seaside hotel. It's perfect for singles, couples and family holidays alike. It was purpose-built in classic Georgian style, but inside you'll see we've moved with the times and offer comfortable accommodation with free Wi-Fi access in all bedrooms and public areas. And with nightly performances in our beautiful Georgian ballroom - fully restored at a cost of nearly £100,000 - you'll always be entertained. Families are well catered for, with guest accommodation that can sleep up to five people. We are handily located close to the town centre, which is a 10 minute stroll along the seafront. With a sandy beach on the doorstep, this is the perfect spot for a traditional seaside break. Guests return time after time because of our high standards, seafront location, proximity to Weymouth town centre and great facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Prince Regent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Prince
- Regent Weymouth
- Best Western Weymouth
- Weymouth Best Western
- Weymouth Regent
- Hotel Prince Regent Weymouth, Dorset