“Excellent meal at very reasonable prices”
Review of White Hart Hotel

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #105 of 292 Restaurants in Weymouth
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We went to The White Hart on Friday June 28th 2013. We hadn't planned to go there but decided to give it a go and we are so glad we did. We found the bar service to be friendly and efficient and the drinks cold and reasonably priced. We opted for steak; my hubby had the 8oz sirloin and I opted for the Wessex rump. Both were cooked to perfection, tender and juicy. On ordering, I told the bar staff that I didn't like peas so she asked me if I would like salad instead. I got a huge mixed salad including peppers, with dressing, chips and onion rings and the sauce came separately in a jug. My hubby was equally pleased with his accompaniments. My brother had the Kashmiri lamb curry and found it very enjoyable with good spice and heat. The steaks were very well priced and we all agreed that we have had worse steaks at other establishments and paid twice the amount. On the whole, we were very happy and would recommend The White Hart for a good meal at very competitive prices.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Nice little pub next to the cinema, a good way to wait out until the film started, did see some food go out looked alright for pub grub. beer was good though.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stumbled across the White Hart almost by accident during a very short visit to Weymouth. What a find, great service, great food and prices that I wouldn't have expected at this end of the country. There is plenty of decent comfortable seating and the pub is quite smart apart from a few more tired areas of decor which could do with a touch up. It was a very wet Thursday lunchtime when we visited and it was really surprisingly busy considering the season. The drinks were OK price-wise and the food menu was extensive ranging from snacks and lite-bites through to full meals. The wife opted for a healthy sounding spicey chicken mexican salad and when it arrived it was enormous. The whole dish was served in a massive crispy tortilla and comprised two large portions of fresh succulent chicken on skewers, a large salad and all the usual mexican dips. I pondered the fish and chips for a while then noticed the 'mega' fish and chips so being a greedy bugger opted for the latter. This comprised a large freshly cooked battered fish fillet, chips, mushy peas, bread and butter, curry sauce, pickled onions and last but not least a pot of tartare sauce. Excellent value, quantity and quality. We had started a tab at the bar using a bank card but didn't really need to because of the brevity of our visit. The total for the two meals, a pint of Strongbow and a medium-sized glass of Chardonnay was just over £19. Fantastic.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

This pub was recommended to me but I would not pass on the recommendation. Going in for last orders at ten to eleven on a weekday night, we were told that they were closed. Not what it said on their opening times and the barman (obviously not the owner) flat refused to sell us any beer.

Unbelievable.

1  Thank jjh97
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Been to the white hart on numerous occassions-seems to be the only place we eat at in weymouth!
The food is excellent even though its just normal pub grub and very good prices. Thought the cider was a little expensive though but then went down the road and paid a poubd extra for the exact same bottle.
Will definately go there again- most probably for our evening meal today!