“Fantastic customer experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic customer experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just got back from a great weekend in Weymouth.There was 12 of us staying at the Crown,had an absolute blast-the staff are all amazing but special mentions to Martin,Natasha,and Jan at the bar,Gary and Emma on reception,and the lovely lady at breakfast,also the great Chef Linda-we will be copying her "eggy pastry" which we had on our great beef/ale and mushroom pie!
This hotel is in a fantastic location,has secure parking,clean rooms,great value home made food,and did i mention the happy smiling staff.
i would recommend this place to anyone and will 100% be coming back-Sorry Martin will be bringing the missus back so best get the advocat and cherries on order,onions in the tuna and absolutely no peas!!! lol

Room Tip: front rooms noisier than at the back,bring some string-it's a long way to the back!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Met by really friendly, helpful receptionist. My son's staying there while he does voluntary work in Weymouth, so they let him have breakfast earlier than advertised time.
I stayed one night, found the hotel to be in a great location for most attractions. The hotel does evening meals at a reasonable price, but didn't sample them, just breakfast, which was very good.
Room very warm but managed to turn it down!

Room Tip: Recommended for price and location
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Julie S
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I like this hotel very much. I was welcomed by a helpful staff member who assisted me with where to park my car and helped with my luggage. There is a lift for guests to use. All my queries were answered in a very helpul manner and I was directed to the shops in the town where I needed to go. The room was very nice, clean and well appointed. Nice bathroom. The breakfast was good and staff again were polite and friendly. Very well priced. Would stay there again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I'm sure any room would be good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank M M
Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We booked this hotel based purely on Tripadvisor reviews, and we're so happy with our choice. My partner had booked a days fishing trip and by some miracle the boat was moored up virtually alongside! First impressions were what lovely friendly staff! They absolutely can't do enough for you. The receptionist, waitresses and bar staff are all so kind. I declined a cooked breakfast being veggie, and within minutes they rustled up veggie sausages and the works for me. My partner who was on an early start was offered a packed lunch to take instead of missing breakfast.. We ate an evening meal at the hotel too. Excellent choice and veggies are well catered for. The home cooked specials are only £4.95!! The rooms are all shapes and sizes but very clean, and of a good standard. This is a lovely old building with lots of character, not some souless bedroom factory! We slept in the front opposite pubs, chippy etc but we were not disturbed in the slightest. We paid £50 for double b&b. Many other hotels were much more expensive without breakfast. I would definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank BlameCain
Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Just back from 2 night stay at the Crown Hotel. This is a very good seaside hotel, very comfortable, very clean rooms. Nice bar and lounge area and in a really good central location. Had a good breakfast each day and have to say the staff were very welcoming and very pleasant. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lesley H
Gravesend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed for 2 nights on a B and B basis.
The staff were exceptionally friendly.
The hotel, although large, had a good atmosphere about it. The room was clean with all you would expect to find.
The breakfast was served politely and quickly, with very good and well cooked ingredients (full English).
I had an evening meal at the Crown which was of good quality and pleasantly served, and was also excellent value, as was my room.
I booked a space in the garage at the back. On Saturday afternoon when I arrived I did find it difficult to shoe horn my car in to a very tight gap, and was a little worried that I was unavoidably blocking another car owner from even entering his vehicle, so tight was the space. You leave your keys with reception and I did harbour a thought that if someone other than me repositioned my car damage would have been a possibility.
Sunday though was fine.....only 3 cars in the garage.
One final thing. Don't expect a peaceful nights sleep on Friday/Saturday nights. I had a 1st floor room (14). The windows are not double glazed. I was kept awake pretty much through the early hours of Sunday morning by drunken, loud, revellers in the street outside. Even at 5am I was awoken from fitful sleep by a couple of very loud females outside. Sunday night was much quieter apart from a street sweeper and bin lorry before dawn on Monday.
Bring ear plugs..........................
Aside from this which is an issue beyond the Crown's control (short of replacing all windows) my stay was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at a number of hotels in Weymouth over the past few years , some not so good , some good , but the Crown Hotel is by far the best we have stayed in !
The rooms are spotlessly clean , not massive , but comfortable , with a very comfortable bed , and the ensuite shower and bath very clean .
Breakfast was served at a reasonable time from 8.30 - 9.30 am . Only sat down for 30 seconds and we were being served with coffee / tea . Where our orders were taken for our breakfast , a full English , which was with us within a couple of minutes , and piping hot , all of the service was done with a smile and a chat , and the staff actually seemed to enjoy their jobs !
The manager , believe his name was Jamal ??? Seemed more like an entertainments manager , good fun , always smiling and laughing , but seemed to be very efficient !
All the bar staff , the young girl on reception ,(Emma i think) Ray the night porter , were all such lovely people .
The Hotel were having a Tinsel & Turkey event , which was good fun for the older guests , and was enjoyable for us to watch ,
Perfect position in the town also , close to the lovely Harbour , beach and town centre .
Will be returning soon .